PDA

View Full Version : 100,000 - Can we really do it?

Misesian
07-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Is anybody else here a little nervous that we're 30,000 members away from this goal and only have 6 weeks to reach this mark?

We've gotten 70,000 so far just from the site being launched, and the word being passed basically through these forums, the meetups, personal email lists, social networking sites, etc. So is the C4L going to be able to do anything to make a larger push for the 100,000?

Since the PCC has been suspending, can't they utilize the email list from the PCC and let all of the volunteers know about the C4L yet, or will the PCC have to be terminated before they can do this?

If we all could simply get 2 more people to sign up, which I know we could be really working on two specific friends/acquaintances, we'd be able to get a few thousand quite easily.

I am worried it's going to look bad if the goal was set for 100,000 and then we fall short by 20k at the time of the C4L convention. Let's get moving on this recruitment!

ronpaulhawaii
07-20-2008, 09:32 AM
An old school mate found me a month, or so, ago on Facebook. He asked what I had been up to since HS...; I ended with an explanation of my last year...; I didn't hear back from him...

This last week, I have been watching the feed and have seen him joining the Campaign for Liberty and other related groups. :D

We need to do everything we can to promote this thing. Anyone who has not joined YouTube, or Facebook, or MySpace, or DIGG, or etc/etc. would be doing a great service by doing so, joining some groups and just showing face. Even if you don't comment or join in much, just showing face helps a lot.

As I said in another thread, traditional campaigning/registration drive tactics work. Tuck a table on a busy corner and hand out penny treats to kids...

Knock on doors, call that friend you haven't called yet.

Be a part of it

:)

[edit- and support our walk, goal is 10,000]

Truth Warrior
07-20-2008, 11:33 AM
REALITY CHECK!

Let's see now 100,000 / 308,000,000 = ??? X 100 = 0.032467532467532467532467532467532% :p

:D

James Gragg
07-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Do not be anxious, do everything that you can. Believe that there are "spamers" (and "others") out there that are "spreading the word" as well. Whatever happens will happen exactly as it is sopposed to happen. That is all that we can do, it will be enough. Be diligent, do your "duty", encoruage others to do the same as positively as possible. And most of all "KEEP THE FAITH!"

ronpaulhawaii
07-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Do not be anxious, do everything that you can. Believe that there are "spamers" (and "others") out there that are "spreading the word" as well. Whatever happens will happen exactly as it is sopposed to happen. That is all that we can do, it will be enough. Be diligent, do your "duty", encoruage others to do the same as positively as possible. And most of all "KEEP THE FAITH!"

:)

Welcome to the forum.

This place can be pretty raucous, if you haven't lurked much, be prepared to meet all types.

Enjoy

Jeremy
07-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Now that ronpaul2008.com redirects there, it will happen

malkusm
07-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Now that ronpaul2008.com redirects there, it will happen

I was wondering what was happening today. It looks like about 1200 people have joined today which is much higher than the pace they had been on. Certainly good news!

James Gragg
07-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Glad to be here. I just want EVERYONE around here to "know" we CAN do it, and that all of us needs to our deadlevel best, individually, and that will be sufficent. I don't want to sound like some "buddest sage" but, just that we can do whatever it takes, as long as we always believe that we can and do the work because we know that we can.

Make sence?

eok321
07-20-2008, 04:44 PM
No worries, when ron paul folk are set a goal they hit it....

Remember the moneybombs, fill the quill, thermometer, fill lady liberty etc..:)

I expect a big push towards the end

Truth Warrior
07-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Except for the GOP POTUS nomination, that is. ;)

mport1
07-20-2008, 05:36 PM
I think my idea could get some sign ups if people help out - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147332

mport1
07-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Anybody know how Google works? It would be really great if the website was the first link after searching "Ron Paul" instead of way down the page.

ronpaulhawaii
07-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Anybody know how Google works? It would be really great if the website was the first link after searching "Ron Paul" instead of way down the page.

I'm no seo expert but it has something to do with linking

One could link his name like so; Ron Paul (http://www.campaignforliberty.com)

Or one could link an entire paragraph <exaggerated> on their blog like so;

Paris Hilton would have nothing to do with the Republican Party, though she might like Ron Paul. It is a comedy that John McCain and Barrack Obama are the only choices of either party. One question is if Johnny boy gets any sex after drinking xxxx. Meanwhile frank calloway and the langoliers, milka duno, steven murray and stephen murray attended the city of college dreams while casey johnson, lawrence king, and brandon mcinerney and the aspergers did not (http://www.campaignforliberty.com)

http://google.com/trends

basically, if everyone makes some links with relevant text, it boosts the seo...

or sumptin lidat :D

CoreyBowen999
07-20-2008, 06:17 PM
i think we'll make it but it will be very close.

constituent
07-20-2008, 06:37 PM
everyone search for ron paul, scroll down to the campaign for liberty website and click that first.

mport1
07-20-2008, 09:36 PM
everyone search for ron paul, scroll down to the campaign for liberty website and click that first.

If this is right, we all need to get on it. Being way down the Google page is really hurting views of the site for sure.