PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Minneapolis transportation

berrybunches
07-20-2008, 01:03 AM
We need a website where we can post if we need a ride or if we are offering a ride to Mineanapolis. A carpool connection database where we can search for each others ride postings.
I honestly think that if we had this system for the March many more people would have been there - I saw many last minute needing rides.
Also this site could include bus and van efforts and anything to do with transportation.

Thoughts?

Thomas_Paine
07-20-2008, 01:43 AM
I think that it is an excellent idea, why let a seat go empty in your car, carpool for LIBERTY!!!

Feelgood
07-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Well Berry, if you feel this way, why dont you go out and set up such a website and create what it is you believe we need? When finished, post a link here and we can all begin using your great little tool. :)

speciallyblend
07-20-2008, 08:17 AM
We need a website where we can post if we need a ride or if we are offering a ride to Mineanapolis. A carpool connection database where we can search for each others ride postings.
I honestly think that if we had this system for the March many more people would have been there - I saw many last minute needing rides.
Also this site could include bus and van efforts and anything to do with transportation.

Thoughts?

hi,well we were going to use www.ronstock08, to do this with, anyone that wants to start helping with this just im me,we could use designers/etc , everyone be patient, there is alot of work to do,but we are going to have this if anyone wants to help with the camping info side of the site,then please im me:) i was very busy last few weeks and now i have sometime to breath again...i believe gin has imed already:)

i wanted to make a camping portal on our site to help people find sites etc.. if we want a real big ronstock08 with alot of bands etc then we need to start a huge chipin asap,if we want a laid back camp site with some acoustics and just camping no huge events then we probably have a farm site for 100,it really depends on how big the grassroots wants to be. i think we should focus on the huge rally and just offer camping ,but thats up to the grassroots, if we have any BIG DONORS,then please im me ,so we know what you are planning on donating. we can do this small or big ,just depends on you the grassroots.... i can help plan,but im strapped for cash.....i also do entertainment myself... I offered my services to the cfl...

torchbearer
07-20-2008, 08:23 AM
what kind of software would you need to do this?

berrybunches
07-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Well Berry, if you feel this way, why dont you go out and set up such a website and create what it is you believe we need? When finished, post a link here and we can all begin using your great little tool. :)

I would love to but I don't know how. I could set up a small forum indepenadant of RPFs with state by state ride topis. Easy and might work...at least for the time being.

hi,well we were going to use www.ronstock08, to do this with, anyone that wants to start helping with this just im me,we could use designers/etc

Thats great! Maybe if I do my forum thing we can link it to ronstock site. Finding a designer to create this system would be better but there is a lot to do in a short period of time. I will look into things tonight.

what kind of software would you need to do this?

Can anyone give us any ideas on how to accomplish this? Software ect...? If not we will just do a forum.

Ninja Homer
07-20-2008, 05:28 PM

Thoughts?

I know I read somewhere that CFL is setting up something like this for finding housing/rooms/couches/yards to camp in during the Rally. The tool should be on their site when it goes live. I don't remember if it mentioned a system for finding rides. You should suggest this to CFL. http://www.campaignforliberty.com/contact/

If they already have the tool created for housing, it should be pretty easy to duplicate it for rides.

speciallyblend
07-21-2008, 06:33 AM
I know I read somewhere that CFL is setting up something like this for finding housing/rooms/couches/yards to camp in during the Rally. The tool should be on their site when it goes live. I don't remember if it mentioned a system for finding rides. You should suggest this to CFL. http://www.campaignforliberty.com/contact/

If they already have the tool created for housing, it should be pretty easy to duplicate it for rides.

yep

UtahApocalypse
07-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Why reinvent the wheel?

http://www.erideshare.com/

torchbearer
07-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Why reinvent the wheel?

good find!

speciallyblend
07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Why reinvent the wheel?

so gin and susan, i will need to chat with you tonight while im at work . i'll im you later today gin.

libertarian4321
07-21-2008, 05:27 PM
It looks like my wife can't go to the rally, so its 99% likely I'll have one empty seat in my truck for anyone along I-35 (taking I-35 north all the way from San Antonio to Minnesota). You can put that in the database. :)