PDA

View Full Version : Our Movement Is Over...Out of Cash

american.swan
07-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Now that I have your attention what I really want to say is, "we are broke." We have been tapped out. We need money. We don't have enough to support all the freedom loving candidates for office around the country.

We need some money-making plans. How can we raise money? Business ideas? Money Bombs are now firecrackers of late. Am I wrong? Who hear isn't hurting for cash in this inflation mess? If we were all in the desert we would have died of thirst by now.

I want to hear some innovative cash making ideas we can rally around.

nate895
07-19-2008, 02:46 PM
1.1 million people voted for Ron Paul in the primaries. If each gave one dollar to each liberty candidate, their campaigns would be flooded with cash. Other than sending an email out to the subscribers to the Campaign for Liberty, asking them to give $5 each to 10 RP endorsed candidates, I can't think of anything that would be legal to raise money for campaigns.

ItsTime
07-19-2008, 02:50 PM
we are not out of money. we are worried about our current "leadership" and are not rallying around "the current leaders"

ItsTime
07-19-2008, 02:52 PM
its on topic. reminding people that their ideas shared here can and will be used by others is pretty much on topic with the thread.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
we are not out of money. we are worried about our current "leadership" and are not rallying around "the current leaders"

You don't like BJ Lawson? He sounds pretty darn good to me.

As far as the topic of the thread goes, I don't know. It seems to me that we somehow need to reach out to other people. Because right now, the same ones are being hit up over and over again. I like the idea of CFL sending out a request. I wonder if they can legally do that?

LibertyEagle
07-19-2008, 03:03 PM
its on topic. reminding people that their ideas shared here can and will be used by others is pretty much on topic with the thread.

Your posting history shows that you use every opportunity to bash BTM and even create those opportunities, if they don't already exist.

tonesforjonesbones
07-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Advice from an old broad: Only donate directly to the campaigns so they get the full benefit of your money ...and to make sure there is oversight. Tones

ItsTime
07-19-2008, 03:41 PM
You don't like BJ Lawson? He sounds pretty darn good to me.

As far as the topic of the thread goes, I don't know. It seems to me that we somehow need to reach out to other people. Because right now, the same ones are being hit up over and over again. I like the idea of CFL sending out a request. I wonder if they can legally do that?

Ive been looking for his polling numbers and how much money has he raised locally but I cant find that info anywhere. do you have it on hand?

LibertyEagle
07-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Ive been looking for his polling numbers and how much money has he raised locally but I cant find that info anywhere. do you have it on hand?

No, but I'll bet stormcommander could steer you in the right direction. :)

LibertyEagle
07-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Advice from an old broad: Only donate directly to the campaigns so they get the full benefit of your money ...and to make sure there is oversight. Tones

Good advice.

brandon
07-19-2008, 04:00 PM
//

SaratogaForRonPaul
07-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I am a candidate running for a contested but winnable race in the NY 21st District, so let me put some insight into this. The reason people have not put as much intensity and donations to these candidates I believe fall into 3 categories:

1) Most of the movement do not know these candidates exist. Except for the few thousand people who may occasionally visit sites like RPForums or Daily Paul, most of the people think that the movement begins and ends with Ron Paul and do not realize that the movement goes to another level as Dr. Paul told us. We need to support our local candidates, because ultimately, that is where we can get the most amount of change to occur.

But ultimately the only way these people, the tens if not hundreds of thousands, will know that these candidates exist in time to make a difference, is if Ron Paul himself declares who these candidates are and asks the people to support them. He has endorsed candidates such as myself, and we, through our campaigns, did our best to exclaim it to the world, but we do not have the reach or the influence that can only come from the visionary leader of our movement, Ron Paul himself. To that effect, they are working towards something in the coming weeks outside of the CFL to accomplish this, because as a 501.c non-for-profit they are legally tied in not being able to support or endorse individual candidates.

2. Those who are here on these Forums, who know the candidates do exist, do not know if they are qualified or the right candidates for the job. This is a legitimate point, as there are dozens of candidates, and there is no clear way to separate the wheat from the chaff. Even though only a handful of these candidates were actually endorsed directly by Ron Paul, this apparently is not enough to convince many, perhaps rightly so as people should also look at the candidates and the races directly. Here are the remaining Ron Paul endorsed candidates running for Congress (feel free to add any that I missed):

George Lilly, CO 1st District, http://www.georgelillyforcongress.com/
Collins Bailey, MD 5th District, http://www.baileyforuscongress.com/
Linda Goldthorpe, MI, 1st District, http://www.goldthorpeforcongress.com/
B.J. Lawson, NC 4th District, http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/
Steven Vasquez (Me), NY 21st District, http://www.steven2008.com/
David Gay, NY 25th District, http://www.davidgay2008.com/
Michael Delavar, WA 3rd District, http://delavarforcongress.com/

These are the 7 remaining Ron Paul endorsed candidates running for Congress, and they all could use even a tiny fraction of support that was given to Ron Paul. I believe the RPForums is planning an online Liberty Straw Poll to look at all the candidates to see if we fit the bill and will uphold our oaths to follow the Constitution. This is great, I just ask that it happens soon, as primaries are only weeks away for some of us, and if we are to actually have a chance, we need to make media buys now.

3. Out of funds. Many people in the movement gave their all to Ron Paul's campaign during the primaries, myself included. I did not expect to run for Congress, so I gave most of my extra resources for his Presidential run. It was not until after Ron Paul asked us to make a stand and run locally, and I was nominated from our area because of my business and MBA experience, did I feel that this was the only way to make a stand to have Congress accountable and responsible for its actions... by doing it myself.

So many were tapped out, and with the economy getting worse and our fiat dollars being devalued at record rates (M3 supply grew at an astonishing 17.6% so far this year), it is hard for many to give. But at the same time, if Ron Paul made the call, many people would still make the sacrifice, as they know its an investment to save our country and our futures.

While I am here, I have to make a case for our campaign. We are running in an open seat race, which means no incumbent. As you may know, the system is set up to give the incumbent the upperhand, and they win 98% of the time. Only David Gay and myself are running in open seats. In addition, in my race, we still have 7 candidates running, 5 Democrats and 2 Republicans. As far the normal voting population is concerned, there is no real front runner, only those in the political "know" have picked their favorites. This is going to change quickly, as the primaries for both parties are on September 9th, as the winners will be those who get their name out the most. As a Republican, there hasn't been a primary for the Congressional seat in 20 years, so no one knows to go and vote, which is an opportunity for our race if we can reach out to the voters. While the district does lean Democrat, they are mainly conservative due to the high taxes in NY. Republicans, such as Pataki, swept in the district recently even against Democrat favorites like McCall. The breakdown is approximately 1/3 Republicans, 1/3 Independents, and slightly more than a 1/3 Democrats.

I have a shot, because the race is chaotic with many players, but I am the least funded by a lot. As an entrepreneur of technology startups, I can get a great deal done with little resources, unlike our government which gets little good done with a lot of resources. We proved it with the RP primaries where we got 10% of the votes in the area with almost no money. To win a Congressional race we need more, but we can do it much cheaper than our opponents. We have a relatively cheap single media market, so every dollar spent on radio and TV ads reaches the entire voting block. We can "Paint the town Steve" cheaply, and build support.

We just need awareness in the RP community to help out. If people can contribute $20 every paycheck for the next 2 months, we can make this happen.

I am open to suggestions, how can we help our campaign and the others to make us have competitive races in time for our primaries? Remember, each person we bring to the Capitol building, is another vote backing up Ron Paul and the Constitution. Even if the candidate is not in your district or state, they still represent us, just like Ron Paul represents us from Texas.

nayjevin
07-19-2008, 04:41 PM

Roxi
07-19-2008, 05:10 PM
ALSO... bryan, katharine and I are working on Liberty Straw Poll to raise awareness and money for these candidates, although currently i think we will focus on congress first.

you can join the discussion with us, in the subforum liberty straw poll we could use more help and input!

Truth Warrior
07-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Lord Acton was right.

Mark
07-19-2008, 06:53 PM

Not polling numbers.. but mentions money raised.

http://thefreedomrevolution.com/home/6-articles/20-bj-lawson-campaign-surges-forward

"..The campaign has shown strength in early tests. Lawson’s primary opponent, Augustus Cho, was beaten decisively when Lawson secured 71% of the vote. The campaign has located office space and is in the processes of revamping their webpage and developing television and radio spots. In addition, fundraising has been very healthy; the campaign has raised more than $174,000 and is on track to raise more than $500,000 by election day..."

hypnagogue
07-19-2008, 07:10 PM
The slowdown has hit my industry, shipping, hard. I'm fighting to keep my hours. No money to spare I'm afraid...