St Paul will probably be more like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1gIOqJzCDw

Kludge
07-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Weeee, Anarcho-Communists. :p

Danke
07-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Weeee, Anarcho-Communists. :p

And they're coming in from all over the planet to my home town. How nice.

Cowlesy
07-19-2008, 12:03 PM
End Banking in Grenada now and Save the Whales!

ronpaulhawaii
07-19-2008, 12:07 PM
And they're coming in from all over the planet to my home town. How nice.

I hope there is no offense taken with my rhetorical use of "Twin" - I hope we all know St. Paul is not evil :D

In for a bit of a $#!+storm, though...

I'm gonna pretty much ignore the GOP, just liked they've ignored us.

Speaking of which, one of my Dad's old friends, who is a passionate and generous conservative, just sent the GOP back a donation envelope with a note that "funds are cut-off till they return to traditional values and stop backing clowns like McCain" <chuckle>

Danke
07-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I hope there is no offense taken with my rhetorical use of "Twin" - I hope we all know St. Paul is not evil :D

Oh, but St. Paul is the evil twin. We tend to vote a little more conservatively and drive large gas guzzling Fords and Chevys. They drive Volvos and Saabs over in Mpls. :)

smileylovesfreedom
07-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh, but St. Paul is the evil twin. We tend to vote a little more conservatively and drive large gas guzzling Fords and Chevys. They drive Volvos and Saabs over in Mpls. :)

No, we have smart cars now! :p

http://i38.tinypic.com/wrgbcj.jpg

Danke
07-19-2008, 02:03 PM
No, we have smart cars now! :p

Yep, and scooters. I love driving over there.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/12/14/images/tb_scooters_300.jpg

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-19-2008, 02:07 PM
nt

muzzled dogg
07-19-2008, 02:14 PM
lmao @ that scooter pic

yongrel
07-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Protest the GOP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riWyOgt6j1U

smileylovesfreedom
07-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Yep, and scooters. I love driving over there.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/12/14/images/tb_scooters_300.jpg

The Minneapolis PD will be there shortly......

http://i33.tinypic.com/2k3ta8.jpg

or maybe in a few hours?

libertarian4321
07-22-2008, 02:19 AM
.....ummm don't start please. Minneapolis side of town clearly owns the St. Paul side.

I've frowned at anyone who has bought a foriegn vehicle since I was a little kid. If you have ever bought a foriegn car, then you are part of the problem of why our country is in shambles. You forced globalization by forcing American companies to compete with slave and robot labor. Now they have to leave the country to even exist. Nice work fools. It's just like every time you go to Walmart, you are destroying the American economy and well being of us all.

I personally am on my 11th chevy truck, and I always buy the wife an American made sedan. I buy things that are American made, and made to last. It's hard to find, but you can. And you pay a lot more for it also. I maintain and repair these things so it actually costs less, and therefore I consume less and I support my country, and my fellow citizens. A man needs a truck and tools, or he will be worthless when he is really needed. I feel this way to the day, even though I work in an office for a living. I still always have my truck, tools, and body to assist in supporting life.

Globalization is the death of our way of life, and should be looked at as a direct threat to your well being.

I had a Chevy made in Canada. My wife drives an Acura, made in Ohio. Things aren't always as they seem.

Burger King is foreign owned. KFC is the biggest restaurant in China. Volkswagon is the biggest seller in China and Opel is American owned. Apple products (iPods, computers) make a big deal of saying "designed in the USA", but they are all produced in China. All the major "American" computer companies, except Dell, make ALL of their computers overseas (Dell still makes some of its computers in the USA). Miller Beer is foreign owned and Bud will soon join it, but Starbucks will soon be on every corner in China. Many companies that the vast majority of us think are "American" aren't (Nestle, Shell, Citgo and dozens of others), and many "foreign" companies are really American owned. Most of the chocolate sold in Germany is made by an American cigarette company. A Buick is a status symbol among the new rich in China, but no American under 70 would be caught dead in one. Its a global economy, and its not going to change- you can't turn the "way back" machine to 1950 again. We need to learn to survive and compete in a global economy rather than daydreaming about "Leave it to Beaver" and the "way things used to be."

BTW, there is almost no "slave" labor in China. The "made by prison labor" vision of China that still pops into the heads of many Americans is an outdated notion going back to the 80s when most Chinese production was from state run factories. State run factories make only a tiny percentage of Chinese products today.

rancher89
07-22-2008, 06:21 AM
St Paul will probably be more like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1gIOqJzCDw

I'll be at the evil twin convention, hopefully they will keep us safe from the crazys outside. Which I would be one of, if I wasn't inside. Weird world I'm living in. Hope we survive it.

The news of the Rally for the Republic moving to the Target Center makes me wish I was there instead. Somebody better be planning on taping it.......

acptulsa
07-22-2008, 06:45 AM
I'll be at the evil twin convention, hopefully they will keep us safe from the crazys outside. Which I would be one of, if I wasn't inside. Weird world I'm living in. Hope we survive it.

The news of the Rally for the Republic moving to the Target Center makes me wish I was there instead. Somebody better be planning on taping it.......

Your sacrifice is much appreciated. They may call you a mole, but I call you a patriot.

Conza88
07-22-2008, 06:56 AM
the minneapolis pd will be there shortly......

http://i33.tinypic.com/2k3ta8.jpg

or maybe in a few hours?

LOL haha... !!! :D

ronpaulhawaii
07-22-2008, 07:07 AM

No worries about the taping, and IIRC, they are trying to schedule the rally events for slow RNC days...

Your sacrifice is much appreciated. They may call you a mole, but I call you a patriot.

+1776

The delegates are all heroes in my book...

rancher89
07-22-2008, 12:48 PM
LOL, it'd be much cheaper to go to the "good" convention!!!

Nirvikalpa
07-22-2008, 01:49 PM
.....ummm don't start please. Minneapolis side of town clearly owns the St. Paul side.

I've frowned at anyone who has bought a foriegn vehicle since I was a little kid. If you have ever bought a foriegn car, then you are part of the problem of why our country is in shambles. You forced globalization by forcing American companies to compete with slave and robot labor. Now they have to leave the country to even exist. Nice work fools. It's just like every time you go to Walmart, you are destroying the American economy and well being of us all.

I personally am on my 11th chevy truck, and I always buy the wife an American made sedan. I buy things that are American made, and made to last. It's hard to find, but you can. And you pay a lot more for it also. I maintain and repair these things so it actually costs less, and therefore I consume less and I support my country, and my fellow citizens. A man needs a truck and tools, or he will be worthless when he is really needed. I feel this way to the day, even though I work in an office for a living. I still always have my truck, tools, and body to assist in supporting life.

Globalization is the death of our way of life, and should be looked at as a direct threat to your well being.

Which is exactly why I bought a Honda made in Ohio by Americans. I suggest you research Ford and Chevy - maybe you'll learn then how they're shipping jobs overseas. Many Fords are made in Mexico and Canada. Same with Chevy.

A lot of cars parts are made/created in oher countries, but shipped to and ASSEMBLED in the USA - thats how they get away with "made in the USA."