PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News - Suit Filed against NV GOP

pauletteNV
07-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Nevada Republican State Delegates File Suit Against State Party

RENO, NV, July 18, 2008—Nevada State Republican delegates have filed a complaint in Nevada's Second Judicial District Court late this evening, contending that the Nevada Republican Executive Committee’s decision to appoint national delegates is in violation of State law. The complaint alleges that the GOP’s decision to appoint delegates to the Republican National Convention violates NRS 293 because state delegates have been deprived of their ability to select national delegates at a convention.

“The State Executive Committee announced yesterday that they won’t bring the Nevada State Republican Convention out of recess,” said Wayne Terhune, a Republican activist in Washoe County. “They shut down the Convention in April, and now they aren’t giving delegates a chance to have their voices heard. This is a violation of the law.”

The complaint alleges that the State Executive Committee’s decision is in violation of NRS 293, which states: “In addition to such powers granted it, the state convention shall select the necessary delegates and alternates to the national convention of the party”. The complaint has been filed by local attorney Mark Goodman on behalf of several Nevada State Republican delegates.

Mike Weber, a local Republican who has served on the National Republican Rules Committee, announced early today that he is shifting the focus of his State Assembly race to make sure that the state delegates have their voices heard. “Most Republicans are getting fed up with party leaders because of underhanded tactics instead of principled leadership,” he said in a press release. “The announcement that national delegates will be appointed by a small group behind closed doors only reinforces this distrust.”

“The actions of the State Party are taking away the voice of every state delegate,” said Terhune. “Over a thousand delegates attended the convention in April, and the State Executive party officials are attempting to silence all of them. This is completely against the traditions of the Republican Party and the United States of America.”

IPSecure
07-19-2008, 06:55 AM
The court will claim 'No Jurisdiction'...

Sandra
07-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Way to go Nevada!!!!!! :D

acptulsa
07-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Where'd you snag this quote, paulette? I'd love to provide the meetup with a link!

torchbearer
07-19-2008, 08:13 AM
The court will claim 'No Jurisdiction'...

I thought the same, but since the political parties (private) directly affect elections (public) they can be held liable for anything resulting from impropriety on behalf of the voters.

acptulsa
07-19-2008, 08:15 AM
What do you think, torch? Do we have grounds yet to turn the CFL rally into a rump convention?

torchbearer
07-19-2008, 08:24 AM
What do you think, torch? Do we have grounds yet to turn the CFL rally into a rump convention?

By the strictest of definitions, no. We'd have to have enough delegates from the RNC leave the RNC to lose quorum, then they'd have to join our convention. That isn't going to happen.
But, in the spirit of the word, what we are doing, is indeed a convention, we are all delegates from our own states. In the essence of how conventions for nominations really began.
Want to send a message, show the GOP that Ron Paul has more grassroots activist than McCain.
also- Become a precinct leader in your area. run for/take local offices. etc.

After McCain flops, and the GOP takes a beating in the congress. A vote of no confidence against the GOP leadership would not be needed...
It will be at that time that the counter-coup will happen. We must be preparing for that day, and be willing to do the things now, that will give us the best chance for success then.

Does that make sense? (though anything can happen-truly)

robert4rp08
07-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Nevada kicks so much arse!

torchbearer
07-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Remember, Goldwater's movement setup a Reagan Victory later on.
Sorta like John the Baptist heralded Jesus.
Ron Paul will setup the next reagan.
it could be Paul 2012.. who knows..?

klamath
07-19-2008, 08:34 AM
By the strictest of definitions, no. We'd have to have enough delegates from the RNC leave the RNC to lose quorum, then they'd have to join our convention. That isn't going to happen.
But, in the spirit of the word, what we are doing, is indeed a convention, we are all delegates from our own states. In the essence of how conventions for nominations really began.
Want to send a message, show the GOP that Ron Paul has more grassroots activist than McCain.
also- Become a precinct leader in your area. run for/take local offices. etc.

After McCain flops, and the GOP takes a beating in the congress. A vote of no confidence against the GOP leadership would not be needed...
It will be at that time that the counter-coup will happen. We must be preparing for that day, and be willing to do the things now, that will give us the best chance for success then.

Does that make sense? (though anything can happen-truly)

Right on!

acptulsa
07-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Right on!

Yup. Makes sense. Momentum builds so slowly, but if we get some built up who will be able to stop us?

angelatc
07-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Nevada Republican State Delegates File Suit Against State Party

RENO, NV, July 18, 2008—Nevada State Republican delegates have filed a complaint in Nevada's Second Judicial District Court late this evening, contending that the Nevada Republican Executive Committee’s decision to appoint national delegates is in violation of State law. The complaint alleges that the GOP’s decision to appoint delegates to the Republican National Convention violates NRS 293 because state delegates have been deprived of their ability to select national delegates at a convention.

I support this effort 100%. If they need money, I hope they tell me where to send it. This is the kind of crap you read about happening in Kenya and South America.

tonesforjonesbones
07-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I was just reading a timeline of New World Order quotes yesterday. The Elites SELECT the candidates that will be put forth..and we get to elect from who they select. The article i was reading said they've been doing it for years. So..the question is how do we get around the Bilderberg/CFR/Trilateral selections to get a true Liberty candidate up there in 2012. That is the root of the problem. It doesn't matter how good the candidate is, they will be smacked down by the media before they can ever get going if the Elite don't give them their blessing..and we know they won't. TONES

acptulsa
07-19-2008, 08:53 AM
I support this effort 100%. If they need money, I hope they tell me where to send it. This is the kind of crap you read about happening in Kenya and South America.

Ever see the film of the "political convention" where Saddam Hussein took power? How many eye teeth would the Nevada neocons have given up for the ability to get away with that?

angelatc
07-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Ever see the film of the "political convention" where Saddam Hussein took power? How many eye teeth would the Nevada neocons have given up for the ability to get away with that?

No I'll have to look for it.

I can tolerate losing when the rules are followed. But this is wrong, and against everything we stabd for in this country.

LinuxUser269
07-19-2008, 09:07 AM
link?

torchbearer
07-19-2008, 09:07 AM

I saw that video on a documentary after our invasion. That was some scary shit... and he had it all planned out. He even had suspected rivals removed from the assembly for treason to be execution right in front of everyone else.. to insure there would be no more opposition.

UtahApocalypse
07-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Ok while this may be good/ Where is a link? where is some back-up? has the news giving any notice? is this just another silent, unknown, and lost event to be scuttled and swept under the rug.

torchbearer
07-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Ok while this may be good/ Where is a link? where is some back-up? has the news giving any notice? is this just another silent, unknown, and lost event to be scuttled and swept under the rug.

There is some information not allowed into the matrix. It is called real information. And it can only exist here, outside the matrix.

familydog
07-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Heck yeah! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

speciallyblend
07-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Remember, Goldwater's movement setup a Reagan Victory later on.
Sorta like John the Baptist heralded Jesus.
Ron Paul will setup the next reagan.
it could be Paul 2012.. who knows..?

the republican brand name isn't even worth selling, you have to spend hours trying to explain away the term republican before you can even get an ear for them to listen to you, sad but true.
we need a new brand name or take over the republican party,then purge the R word from the platform..

torchbearer
07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
the republican brand name isn't even worth selling, you have to spend hours trying to explain away the term republican before you can even get an ear for them to listen to you, sad but true.
we need a new brand name or take over the republican party,then purge the R word from the platform..

names can be rebranded easily. i witnessed it here in the south.
after the civil war, the south voted solidly democrat because republicans were the party of northern aggression.
And the south did vote solid democrat for many decades.
But somehow over the last decade... the republican brand took over the southern traditional conservative brand from the democrats...and it happened quickly.
Almost as if the press controlled public perception. hmmmm

brooklyn
07-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Here is some info I received on Mark Goodman, our lawyer in Nevada.
It includes the chip-in site.
Nevada fights on!!!:)

ALSO-- If you are interested in helping with the legal fund, please visit

http://nevada4ronpaul.com

I put up a ChipIn there that links directly to Mark Goodman's PayPal account. Any donations would be greatly appreciated, as Mark is currently doing this for free, and there are still court costs, paralegal costs, etc., to be paid.

If any of you are wondering about Mark, he is our attorney on this case, and he has been a long-time Ron Paul supporter and Reno Meetup member.

Jamsie 567
07-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Sew those mother effers!!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-19-2008, 01:45 PM
nt

angelatc
07-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Here is some info I received on Mark Goodman, our lawyer in Nevada.
It includes the chip-in site.
Nevada fights on!!!:)

ALSO-- If you are interested in helping with the legal fund, please visit

http://nevada4ronpaul.com

I put up a ChipIn there that links directly to Mark Goodman's PayPal account. Any donations would be greatly appreciated, as Mark is currently doing this for free, and there are still court costs, paralegal costs, etc., to be paid.

If any of you are wondering about Mark, he is our attorney on this case, and he has been a long-time Ron Paul supporter and Reno Meetup member.

Thanks for posting. I emailed CFL and told them they should help with finances. This is what the money is for, dammit. The party has really deep pockets. If they see that the CFL is prepared to spend $5 million to buy justice, perhaps they'll back down.

PS: I just donated.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Nevada's so full of win.

rprprs
07-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Sew those mother effers!!

OK... but let's take legal action first.:D

bluto20
07-19-2008, 09:19 PM
link or it didn't happen.

pepperpete1
07-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Nevada's so full of win.

Those people in Nevada are really committed to liberty and I am so proud that they have the fortitude to follow through.

Do not count out Louisiana yet, and maybe a couple of other states where the "old" GOP pulled their dirty tricks. Everyone of those states where the rules and laws were broken should fight them.