PDA

View Full Version : Hitler Children's card game released

Conza88
07-19-2008, 01:36 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/2007/world/1907_hitlercards_lg_g.jpg

German families will soon be playing 'happy families' with Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin following the release of a card game about history's greatest tyrants.

A publishing house in Berlin has released the game, featuring 32 dictators, to "make an ironic statement", according to the UK's Telegraph newspaper.

The game, dubbed "The Fuehrer Quartet", is based on a popular German children's card game called Quartet, similar to the card game some Australians know as Happy Families.

In the original card game, the cards are covered in pictures of simple objects like cars or flowers, which players must try to collect from their opponents.

But in the Fuehrer version, the visages of tyrants like Nazi Germany's Hitler, Spain's dictator Franco and Soviet Russia's Stalin are plastered over the cards.

Alongside each picture is information about the country these tyrants ruled, the education they had and how long they were in power.

Stalin's card, for example, says that while he was in school he was constantly caught reading material that had been blacklisted.

The card for Romania's Nicolae Ceausescu says the Communist leader had a soft spot for Vlad the Impaler, the so-called inspiration for Bram Stroker's Dracula.

"We didn't really have a clear political idea in mind with the game but we did want to take away some of the power that these figures still have," said Volker Oppman, of the publishing house behind the game.

"When you can laugh at them, you don't fear them as much," he added.

But the new game hasn't been without criticism, with sone German politician describing it as "tasteless".

"The further back the Third Reich recedes in history, the more bizarre the way it is dealt with becomes," said Berlin senator Ehrhart Koerting.

Article here. (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=600350)

:eek: Seriously... what the ---k.

:eek: Soo... in effect, you're breading a younger generation - who doesn't fear tyrants?

You've got to be fken kidding me. I think the NWO realises.. it's going to be a little hard to re-take Germany... when the older generations still have it damn well etched in their memory's what tyranny is like.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-19-2008, 04:37 AM
["When you can laugh at them, you don't fear them as much," he added.

Awesome! If I'm ever the intended victim of armed intruders, carjacking, etc, I'm going to just let out a big belly laugh - because not taking serious things seriously must be the best course of action.

I could actually see some value in those if they list the amount dead. They'd be even more helpful if they talked more about how.

nobody's_hero
07-19-2008, 04:44 AM
I don't know; I think this is kind of funny, actually.

People are going to perceive this differently, no matter what. You can make a mockery of tyrants, and not fear them. In fact, fearing them is what gives them their power.

If we can laugh about our history - that's one thing. If we start repeating it - well, that's when it stops being funny.

Kludge
07-19-2008, 04:56 AM

:eek: Soo... in effect, you're breading a younger generation - who doesn't fear tyrants?

Lawl "We and fish can coexist peacefully."

You affirm their authority when yeh fear 'em. Take the NYSE bears for example... :p

I will be ordering a deck of these :)

Kludge
07-19-2008, 05:01 AM
http://www.amazon.de/Das-F%C3%BChrer-Quartett-Schwarzen-Weltgeschichte-Kartenspiel/dp/3940029211

FindLiberty
07-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Doesn't the third card (B13) show that unbalanced BO neo-con talking head guy that's on Fox Newz?

Teach the kids to laugh - it can drain energy back from the evil Matrix:

Gun control laws take away the power to defend one's self - "Dial 911 and Die". Muggers and tyrants are laughing too.

FBI "duplication prohibition" warnings on DVDs piss off kids (and adults) because the gubermint locks out their player's skip and menu functions. It does not prevent duplication, it just wastes our time before every movie we watch. - DVD bootleggers just laugh and leave that annoyance feature off of their knock-off copies because customer satisfaction matters in a free (black) market.

Global warming alarmists/tyrants are now planning to (carbon) tax the very air we breath or burn.

Just don't let freedom laugh its self to death.

Conza88
07-19-2008, 06:05 AM
Ultimately, as long as they are being taught - why these men where bad; are how they came to power. Fine.

Otherwise, I'm not too sure laughing at the guys who killed tens of millions of people combined - is a good thing... ? :rolleyes:

hypnagogue
07-19-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm definitely more amused than offended. Isn't that Che Guevara on the cover? :confused:

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Is Bush the Queen of Hearts, Cheney the jack of spades, and Osama the ace of spades?

Kludge
07-19-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm definitely more amused than offended. Isn't that Che Guevara on the cover? :confused:

Yessir.

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 07:04 AM
During two terms of elected government...

Which U.S. President has been the biggest wanker?

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 07:06 AM
From George Washington onwards...

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Who would be the biggest scrotum of a vice president that you could imagine?

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 07:11 AM
From John Tyler onwards...

hypnagogue
07-19-2008, 07:22 AM
You have just made FOUR posts to express TWO sentences. gtfo...

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 07:25 AM
You have just made FOUR posts to express TWO sentences. gtfo...

Then, in two posts...

Explain.

hypnagogue
07-19-2008, 07:27 AM
No. Figure it our for yourself.

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Hitler and Goebels are amongst you.

That is my long - winded- point.

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 07:41 AM
No. Figure it our for yourself.

The abuse of anything, is no argument against the use of it.

Or are you a bottom dweller?

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Ironically, I recall another deck of cards being issued in Iraq.

The Joker... Osama is still alive.

Why is that?

Ozwest
07-19-2008, 07:55 AM
How can Osama Bin Laden still be alive?

Unless...

We are all fools. Or...

Tools.

Kludge
07-19-2008, 07:55 AM
ts:dr