PDA

View Full Version : Help me get to Minneapolis

Sematary
07-19-2008, 01:15 AM
As you know, each state is sending a certain number of people as official representatives of their respective states to Ron Paul's alternate convention. I DESPERATELY want to attend this event and have spoken to the gentleman I handed the statewide meetup to earlier this year about my wish to do so. The hitch - $$$
What else?
I don't get paid time off but still have to pay bills.
I need to travel from the east coast to Minnesota
I need to pay for food and it is my understanding that we will have rv's of some sort available to us at $25 a day
I am asking my fellow revolutionaries to assist me in my endeavor to attend the convention with the following chip in. Thanks in advance for all your help. Any additional funds above and beyond my needs will be contributed to help others attend the convention.

Thanks.

Bob

The chipin:
http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/moneys-to-attend-ron-paul-convention-in-minneapolis

Just as an update. There have been three contributors for a total of $32 as of 7/21 @ 11 pm.
Thankyou to both of you. I will do the revolution proud.

speciallyblend
07-19-2008, 02:29 AM
i was thinking i needed a gas chip in ,but anything left in my paypal after the gas would be donated to the cfl, plus if the ronstock08 goes as planned i can secure you a free camp site for my donation,if you wish;)

Roxi
07-19-2008, 04:43 AM
semetary has been with us a long time, and has moved mountains for this this movement (so to speak). I met him in boston at the tea party and believe he would be an asset in MN. help out if you can!

Sematary
07-19-2008, 07:12 AM
i was thinking i needed a gas chip in ,but anything left in my paypal after the gas would be donated to the cfl, plus if the ronstock08 goes as planned i can secure you a free camp site for my donation,if you wish;)

I appreciate the offer. Thankyou.

Sematary
07-19-2008, 07:13 AM
semetary has been with us a long time, and has moved mountains for this this movement (so to speak). I met him in boston at the tea party and believe he would be an asset in MN. help out if you can!

Thanks for the support. :-)

Sematary
07-19-2008, 07:20 AM
So who wants to be first?
:-)

Buffalo Bruce
07-19-2008, 10:43 PM
East Coasters, Get to Cleveland as cheaply as you can. Board a Megabus in Cleveland. RT Cleveland-Chicago-Minneapolis is only $70. You will ride all night between Chicago-Minneapolis both ways arriving in each city at 6:30am to save two nights in a motel.

Southerners, Get to Cincinnati to do the same thing. http://www.megabus.com/us/ .

Greyhound tickets to Minneapolis ordered on-line from, for instance, Philadelphia cost $177RT. Its a 53 hour bus ride. If you can handle bus travel, the McCain folks will be a snap.

Grocery stores, McDonald's, and trail mix can keep you alive and financially solvent. Valley Forge never had it so good. My wife and I have taken trips across the country with three small kids so I am not suggesting anything I haven't done travelling with a diaper bag.

constituent
07-19-2008, 10:45 PM
East Coasters, Get to Cleveland as cheaply as you can. Board a Megabus in Cleveland. RT Cleveland-Chicago-Minneapolis is only $70. You will ride all night between Chicago-Minneapolis both ways arriving in each city at 6:30am to save two nights in a motel.

Southerners, Get to Cincinnati to do the same thing. http://www.megabus.com/us/ .

Greyhound tickets to Minneapolis ordered on-line from, for instance, Philadelphia cost $177RT. Its a 53 hour bus ride. If you can handle bus travel, the McCain folks will be a snap.

Grocery stores, McDonald's, and trail mix can keep you alive and financially solvent. Valley Forge never had it so good. My wife and I have taken trips across the country with three small kids so I am not suggesting anything I haven't done travelling with a diaper bag.

you are awesome.

Joseph Hart
07-19-2008, 11:28 PM
I have $300 to my name, so maybe help me too? shesh

Sematary
07-20-2008, 12:29 AM
I have $300 to my name, so maybe help me too? shesh

Perhaps if you had poured your life and your savings into the campaign in 2007 and almost driven yourself to bankruptcy promoting Ron Paul I'd have some sympathy. You didn't. I did.

So, you can be an incredulous ass or you can see that what I'm asking for in the grand scheme of things is not that much. I want to see this through to the very end (wherever that may be) and I'm asking for a little help from alot of people to get me there. I don't think it's a big deal.

Sematary
07-20-2008, 12:32 AM

I fail to see how this helps those who want to be a part of this important event. Perhaps your "assistance" will help them grow wings to get to Cincinnati? I can drive both ways with two other people in my car and have the cost only be about $125 each.

Joseph Hart
07-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Perhaps if you had poured your life and your savings into the campaign in 2007 and almost driven yourself to bankruptcy promoting Ron Paul I'd have some sympathy. You didn't. I did.

So, you can be an incredulous ass or you can see that what I'm asking for in the grand scheme of things is not that much. I want to see this through to the very end (wherever that may be) and I'm asking for a little help from alot of people to get me there. I don't think it's a big deal.

Thanks for the disrespect. I didn't disrespect you. I hope you find your way there on a magic carpet.

Sematary
07-20-2008, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the disrespect. I didn't disrespect you. I hope you find your way there on a magic carpet.

Really? I felt incredibly disrespected.

Joseph Hart
07-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Really? I felt incredibly disrespected.

Relax bud, a lot of us sacrificed a lot recently. You are not alone. I'm not saying you don't deserve sympathy, but we all have our times. I really really want to go to the Con too. I'll probably hitchhike.

Sematary
07-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Relax bud, a lot of us sacrificed a lot recently. You are not alone. I'm not saying you don't deserve sympathy, but we all have our times. I really really want to go to the Con too. I'll probably hitchhike.

Not really an option. Unlike many here, I am not young, single and able to simply "just go". I have a family that needs to be accounted for, etc... etc... etc... you know the drill. If I could just go, I would. Not possible. Just looking for a little assist is all.

speciallyblend
07-20-2008, 08:23 AM
group hug:) we are all gonna help each other, semetary when i have some free cash i will make a donation!!! group hug

ARealConservative
07-20-2008, 08:34 AM
sorry but any money I have goes to individuals taking the huge step of running for office.

I'm sure we would all love to have trips around the country subsidized, but it just isn't a good use of resources.

speciallyblend
07-20-2008, 08:51 AM
sorry but any money I have goes to individuals taking the huge step of running for office.

I'm sure we would all love to have trips around the country subsidized, but it just isn't a good use of resources.

whatever,since what you do is so much better then what we do,but then again i haven't made a list of what i did to help the movement. I'm sorry your post sounds a lil high and mighty. we are not planning vacations here,so you know. We are planning to go to minnesota for the movement.... We have all helped out candidates,but once i have 10 bucks to spare . I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP SEMETARY OUT, the movement has many angles not just candidates. I will be running as a Ron Paul Candidate in a few years when i can,but not as a republican,maybe an independent or democrat unless you want me to lose, the brand name republican isn't worth a dam thing in my county in colorado.
YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY THE MOVEMENT DIDN'T EXPLODE ?????? THE NEW SCARLET LETTER R (republican) and the gop who did everything to hold the message down. Republican the word alone is why Ron Paul's Message didn't unite folks, everyone i know loves Ron Paul's message,they just didn't want anything to do with the septic tank of the republican party. Ron Paul's worst decision was staying a republican in this election. It held back his movement. I will stay a republican for 2 yrs,but highly doubt i can endorse any republican(thru action or inaction) who helped in the unethical/illegal and immoral tactics used against republicans who supported Ron Paul!!!!in the GOP!!!!

In My eyes George Lilly is the only republican worth voting for in Colorado!!!!

RonPaulFanInGA
07-20-2008, 09:09 AM
It's at two (2) dollars now.

Danke
07-20-2008, 09:10 AM

Ah, what's a couple of bones to throw at a patriot in need?

Sematary
07-20-2008, 09:11 AM

Every journey begins with the first step. Thankyou.

Danke
07-20-2008, 09:11 AM

:D

Sematary
07-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Only $1498 to go
Although, I'm pretty sure if I really skimp, I can pull the whole thing off for $1000
That's pretty much bare min. tho

Jamsie 567
07-20-2008, 09:24 AM

Asking for money is a big deal and your not the only who put everything on the line. If you are going to ask for money expect people to critisize you for doing it plain and simple. Have you really tried every known resource possible to get there before posting here?

Sematary
07-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Asking for money is a big deal and your not the only who put everything on the line. If you are going to ask for money expect people to critisize you for doing it plain and simple. Have you really tried every known resource possible to get there before posting here?

I don't ask lightly.

Danke
07-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Asking for money is a big deal

Yes it is, so cut the guy some slack.

BTW, I'm planning on setting up a booth at the convention to counsel wayward women. Anyone willing to chip-in to fund my endeavor? :)

ronpaulhawaii
07-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Bob is a warrior of this movement and - IMO- deserving of any support he raises.

Buffalo Bruce
07-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I fail to see how this helps those who want to be a part of this important event. Perhaps your "assistance" will help them grow wings to get to Cincinnati? I can drive both ways with two other people in my car and have the cost only be about $125 each.

Not just Cincinnati. Megabus also very inexpensively connects Cleveland, Detroit, Memphis, and Missouri among other places with Minneapolis. Map- http://www.megabus.com/us/stops/index_midwest.php

Some people might need an inexpensive public transportation option. As already mentioned, Greyhound is about $177 RT from the east coast. Megabus is even cheaper and has a great schedule for anyone within range. I didn't work up a Greyhound schedule. The car option sounds like more fun. If your car gets 30mpg and three people split the fuel costs, $125 should cover the gas at $4/gal.

I have the good fortune being closer to St. Paul and having already secured an apartment floor to sleep on. I recognize your virtual need to share a room at an overpriced state delegation hotel for three nights as a delegate but wanted to share an idea about cheap transit and saving two overnight expenses as applicable.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Yes it is, so cut the guy some slack.

BTY, I'm planning on setting up a booth at the convention to counsel wayward women. Anyone willing to chip-in to fund my endeavor? :)

I don't have any cash handy, but I will stop by your booth pretending to be wayward. Everyone will be amazed when I turn into a fine, upstanding citizen (that's where my acting skills come in handy) after a simple cup of Koolaid. Then they will throw money at your feet, of which I will ask only a modest, yet standard, 15%.

Sematary
07-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Not just Cincinnati. Megabus also very inexpensively connects Cleveland, Detroit, Memphis, and Missouri among other places with Minneapolis. Map- http://www.megabus.com/us/stops/index_midwest.php

Some people might need an inexpensive public transportation option. As already mentioned, Greyhound is about $177 RT from the east coast. Megabus is even cheaper and has a great schedule for anyone within range. I didn't work up a Greyhound schedule. The car option sounds like more fun. If your car gets 30mpg and three people split the fuel costs, $125 should cover the gas at $4/gal.

I have the good fortune being closer to St. Paul and having already secured an apartment floor to sleep on. I recognize your virtual need to share a room at an overpriced state delegation hotel for three nights as a delegate but wanted to share an idea about cheap transit and saving two overnight expenses as applicable.

To my understanding, the Ct. delegation has secured rv's or something at $25 per night. Not a bad rate.

Sematary
07-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Bob is a warrior of this movement and - IMO- deserving of any support he raises.

Thanks dude.
Oh - btw - sorry I couldn't hook up with you in D.C.
Perhaps, if I can make it - we'll definitely get together in Minneapolis.

homah
07-20-2008, 12:25 PM

In summary, a poster tries to provide you with some useful information and you act like a jerk. Good luck raising the money -- you'll need it.

Sematary
07-20-2008, 01:41 PM
In summary, a poster tries to provide you with some useful information and you act like a jerk. Good luck raising the money -- you'll need it.

In summary, a latecomer to the Ron Paul revolution just attempted to chastise me for responding to a post in a manner they don't like. I didn't exactly find the information extremely helpful. It didn't have anything to do with the main issue - which is covering a weeks pay I can't come up with on my own. I can save some but not all (and I will). What I'm asking (and I thought I did so in a nice way) is to get some assistance so that I can join this vital part of the work we began last year. I have spent far more on this campaign in the last year than I am asking for to help me get to this final juncture. I wish I didn't have the financial obligations that are the roadblock to me spending the week out there I need to. If you don't feel it is a worthy cause, I can respect that. If you just want to be a jerk, I can't respect that. The same for the other poster. I realize they were trying to help but it wasn't much help at all. What WOULD help would be a small donation so that I can spend the week out of work that is necessary for this.

Danke
07-20-2008, 01:55 PM
I don't have any cash handy, but I will stop by your booth pretending to be wayward. Everyone will be amazed when I turn into a fine, upstanding citizen (that's where my acting skills come in handy) after a simple cup of Koolaid. Then they will throw money at your feet, of which I will ask only a modest, yet standard, 15%.

No credit, cash on hand only!

Besides, I don't think you would be able to pull that off and convince anyone (too well known already in the our RP community). :p

Sematary
07-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks to whomever donated the $20. I truly appreciate it. I will represent the revolution well in Minneapolis!

RickyJ
07-20-2008, 06:37 PM

You need help in the art of persuasion because you suck. With your attitude I wouldn't help you get to Minnesota even if I was Bill Gates. I am going in debt to go myself and am asking nothing from anybody.

Sematary
07-20-2008, 07:11 PM
You need help in the art of persuasion because you suck. With your attitude I wouldn't help you get to Minnesota even if I was Bill Gates. I am going in debt to go myself and am asking nothing from anybody.

You could be right but then again, maybe not. I'm happy for you. Really. But, i can afford to go no further into debt than I already am. If I could, I'd just do it. Hopefully, there are enough people who are willing to help that I can make it to Minneapolis.

RickyJ
07-20-2008, 08:22 PM
I know how you can go dude. Work another job. :)

thehittgirl
07-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Vouching for Bob too...he is a TRUE patriot..amazing guy. He'd be a valuable asset to the convention.

speciallyblend
07-20-2008, 08:50 PM
well i can guess ricky will be around when i start a chip in as well to help me if i need to . well i work 3 jobs already and im in debt as well but i will be asking for some help if i need to, which i haven't yet,but when i do,ill expect a sarcastic post from you for sure!!

speciallyblend
07-20-2008, 08:51 PM

ricky can you come to colorado and work my job?? teasin . I will probably lose a weeks worth of pay to get there sigh....

constituent
07-20-2008, 08:59 PM
bob is a warrior of this movement and - imo- deserving of any support he raises.

+1000

there would not have been a philly rally, so take that into consideration.

anyone headed up from texas?

Sematary
07-20-2008, 09:19 PM

Been there. Done that.

Sematary
07-20-2008, 09:20 PM
well i can guess ricky will be around when i start a chip in as well to help me if i need to . well i work 3 jobs already and im in debt as well but i will be asking for some help if i need to, which i haven't yet,but when i do,ill expect a sarcastic post from you for sure!!

Are you always this pleasant?

Sematary
07-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Vouching for Bob too...he is a TRUE patriot..amazing guy. He'd be a valuable asset to the convention.

Thanks hitgirl. Mucho appreciado. :-)
I hope I'll be able to see you in Minneapolis

speciallyblend
07-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Are you always this pleasant?

i was referring to ricky not you, I understand where your coming from, i was being sarcastic,so when i do my chip in ,i can get attacked, next time semetary , you need to write a book on all your problems and what you do everyday, before you ask for donations;) (note sarcasm:) even then you will have someone say something against you for even asking!!!

Sematary
07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
i was referring to ricky not you, I understand where your coming from, i was being sarcastic,so when i do my chip in ,i can get attacked, next time semetary , you need to write a book on all your problems and what you do everyday, before you ask for donations;) (note sarcasm:) even then you will have someone say something against you for even asking!!!

Ok - thanks for clearing this up for me. I really appreciate it.
I could write a book detailing WHY I need these donations so that I can be in Minneapolis but apparently some people find that need is something to attack rather than to help. I have been involved with or attended every major event on the east coast since early last year (as you know) and even orchestrated a few myself. ;-)

Anyway, this is THE event - the one that is the culmination of all the hard work all of us have put forth since Dr. Paul announced last year, and if there was a lamp I could rub that would get me there, I would. But there isn't. I have to depend on what meager savings I can manage to put together within the confines of my budget, raising a family, etc... and the generosity of my fellow revolutionaries who want to see this event become a huge success. I hope I can be there to see it.

speciallyblend
07-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Ok - thanks for clearing this up for me. I really appreciate it.
I could write a book detailing WHY I need these donations so that I can be in Minneapolis but apparently some people find that need is something to attack rather than to help. I have been involved with or attended every major event on the east coast since early last year (as you know) and even orchestrated a few myself. ;-)

Anyway, this is THE event - the one that is the culmination of all the hard work all of us have put forth since Dr. Paul announced last year, and if there was a lamp I could rub that would get me there, I would. But there isn't. I have to depend on what meager savings I can manage to put together within the confines of my budget, raising a family, etc... and the generosity of my fellow revolutionaries who want to see this event become a huge success. I hope I can be there to see it.

i hope to donate 10-20 bucks to you soon,once i have some extra cash. I want to see you there and im doing everything in my power to try to be there myself:)

Theocrat
07-21-2008, 04:25 PM
As you know, each state is sending a certain number of people as official representatives of their respective states to Ron Paul's alternate convention. I DESPERATELY want to attend this event and have spoken to the gentleman I handed the statewide meetup to earlier this year about my wish to do so. The hitch - $$$
What else?
I don't get paid time off but still have to pay bills.
I need to travel from the east coast to Minnesota
I need to pay for food and it is my understanding that we will have rv's of some sort available to us at $25 a day
I am asking my fellow revolutionaries to assist me in my endeavor to attend the convention with the following chip in. Thanks in advance for all your help. Any additional funds above and beyond my needs will be contributed to help others attend the convention.

Thanks.

Bob

The chipin:
http://ronpaulcarepackages.chipin.com/moneys-to-attend-ron-paul-convention-in-minneapolis

Just as an update. There have been two contributors for a total of $22
Thankyou to both of you. I will do the revolution proud.

I await your plea.

Sematary
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
i hope to donate 10-20 bucks to you soon,once i have some extra cash. I want to see you there and im doing everything in my power to try to be there myself:)

Cool. Thanks.
I'm also looking at doing some ebay auctions of some stuff I'd rather not get rid of so that I can do more to speed up the process. I only have a month or so to do this so I'll start with some RP memorabilia that I hope people will be interested in.

Sematary
07-21-2008, 06:41 PM
I await your plea.

What would you ask me to say, Theocrat? I felt compelled to ask publicly for assistance in financing my trip to Minnesota. That in itself was hard enough to do.

Theocrat
07-21-2008, 07:19 PM
What would you ask me to say, Theocrat? I felt compelled to ask publicly for assistance in financing my trip to Minnesota. That in itself was hard enough to do.

You're cool. I was just speaking in jest. I'll contribute to your Chip-In as soon as I can. Keep hope alive!

Sematary
07-21-2008, 08:25 PM
You're cool. I was just speaking in jest. I'll contribute to your Chip-In as soon as I can. Keep hope alive!

Hope is all I have.