PDA

View Full Version : Became a Precinct Committeeman!

Thomas_Paine
07-19-2008, 12:50 AM
I just got the news today that I am a Precinct Committeeman for my precinct here in Arizona, I am very excited for the possibilities! Please read the following information about Precinct Committeeman, can you imagine how we can shape party in the future!!

Duties of the Precinct Committeeman

The Precinct Committeeman is the person who is legally charged with getting out the vote on election day. If he does his job well, he will ring the doorbell of every household in the precinct and ask polite questions to find out the Party and other political views of every voter. (That's called canvassing.) Then, before each election, the Precinct Committeeman will personally deliver campaign literature (such as a marked sample ballot) to every voter who is expected to vote for your Party or candidate. Then the Precinct Committeeman makes sure that all his voters get to the polls on election day. This is the way elections are won.

Powers of the Precinct Committeeman

Friendly access to neighbors. Most people are eager to know more about their government and the people who run it. When you introduce yourself as their "Republican Precinct Committeeman," they assume you have something to say. You can provide them with information on candidates and issues. Of course, you don't waste your time on those who would rather get their information from the Precinct Committeeman of the other Party.

Respect from elected officials. Since a Precinct Committeeman represents, on average, 500 voters, and has the power to vote for other Party officials and to make endorsements of candidates, any call or letter from a Precinct Committeeman gets the attention of elected officials.

Launching pad for other offices. You would be amazed at how many of our Presidents, Senators, Congressmen, and state and local officials started as Precinct Committeemen, and still serve as Precinct Committeemen even though they hold a higher elected office. That's because they know the power of a Precinct Committeeman.

Direct influence over Party Platform, policies, and selection of candidates. At state, district, county, and township caucuses and conventions, the Precinct Committeeman is an active player. He can have a tremendous influence on the adoption of the Party Platform and policies, support of or opposition to issues, and selection of candidates.

SolusSLX
07-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Great job! This is what we need! :D

robert4rp08
07-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Yes, and from what I understand one can be APPOINTED to a vacant position at ANYTIME. One just needs to contact the county chairman.