PDA

View Full Version : Who would you write in if the election were today?

Up Front
07-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Who would you write in if the election were today?

I called my secretary of state and asked them could they or a poll worker discard my vote if I were to take a scan tron ballot and draw a line on it in ink and write in Ron Paul and she said they could NOT discard it and It would be counted.

Thruth to power!

sidster
07-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Ron Paul!!

p.s., Best poll EVER!

Perry
07-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Ron Paul seems to be substantially more popular than Ron Paul.

AJ Antimony
07-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Another moron making our movement resemble dog shit.

"The Ron Paul Revolution... thousands of Americans dedicated to liberty and the Constitution... yet they have no fucking clue how presidents are constitutionally elected..."

You can't just write in Paul. When you vote for president, you don't vote for a person. You vote for a slate of electors. There's the Democratic slate, Republican slate, Libertarian slate, etc. and they're all expected to vote Obama, McCain, or Barr respectively, in the Elector College if their slate wins their state.

So in order to properly write in Paul, you'd need many things to happen.

1. Ron Paul must register as a write in candidate. Um, that didn't happen.
2. You'd need to compile a list of electors for Paul and then write them in. Um, I don't think you did that.
3. Something tells me all those electors need to be properly registered. Um, I don't think they are.

Fail. Fail. Fail.

We often hear people in the mainstream media say "not voting D or R? That's a wasted vote!"
People like you give those assholes credibility.

rajibo
07-19-2008, 01:02 AM

"The Ron Paul Revolution... thousands of Americans dedicated to liberty and the Constitution... yet they have no fucking clue how presidents are constitutionally elected..."

You can't just write in Paul. When you vote for president, you don't vote for a person. You vote for a slate of electors. There's the Democratic slate, Republican slate, Libertarian slate, etc. and they're all expected to vote Obama, McCain, or Barr respectively, in the Elector College if their slate wins their state.

2. You'd need to compile a list of electors for Paul and then write them in. Um, I don't think you did that.
3. Something tells me all those electors need to be properly registered. Um, I don't think they are.

Fail. Fail. Fail.

We often hear people in the mainstream media say "not voting D or R? That's a wasted vote!"

Umm...I just thought this was a silly poll.

Did you vote for Ron Paul #3 or Ron Paul #4?

I voted for #3.

:)

Sematary
07-19-2008, 01:29 AM

Fail. Fail. Fail.

You seem to not UNDERSTAND the reason for writing in Ron Paul. It's not in the expectation that he will actually WIN anything. It is a vote for the person we, as individuals, deem most qualified for the position and most capable of handling the job. If we actually wanted to vote for the pre-chosen winner then we wouldn't be going through all of this. GEEEEEZZZZZZ

Chibioz
07-19-2008, 01:55 AM
Great poll!

Kludge
07-19-2008, 02:20 AM
You're vote wouldn't be counted....

It's "Ronald Earnest Paul".

electronicmaji
07-19-2008, 02:30 AM
I'd rather vote for "Jesus on a fucking Pogo Stick"

Kim4Paul
07-19-2008, 03:02 AM
No one is voting for Ron Paul #2.

FindLiberty
07-19-2008, 04:23 AM
This poll made me smile - Ron Paul did wake up a whole lot of people. Then it made me sad to reflect on the situation* (again)...

The Poll Worker won't discard it, they'll just include it in their count of spoiled or wasted votes. As far as I know, Ron Paul must first "file" to be a write-in candidate, and he has not done so. Didn't RP explain why and also mention the sore loser laws (in some states) that prevent him from getting back into the race again, even with another party or as an independent/write-in?

It would be more helpful to know how many states will be including Bob Barr and/or Chuck Baldwin on their ballots. I'd like to see these two get consolidated into one "alternative" for the sake of a better total vote % (especially for the LP's ballot access expenses in 2010).

...Maybe we should have a less depressing poll that asks, "Where do you expect to be in 100 years?"

-------------------------------
* Hey, at least TX-14 did re-elect a great Congressman!

nobody's_hero
07-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Ehhh, I've heard bad things about Ron Paul actually.

Ron Paul, on the other hand, has always been a keen observer of the Constitution. That third Ron Paul is just a wannabe full of empty promises. And, you'd be wasting your vote if you cast it for the last one. :D

[/satire]

Roxi
07-19-2008, 04:53 AM
thats because ron paul number 2 is actually just mccain trying to disguise himself as RP so we will vote for him :)

Up Front
07-19-2008, 05:11 AM

Fail. Fail. Fail.

First, Wow, sir troll ass AJ Antimony, You fail to realize you are a moron and you are explaining the prosess of electing a nominee from the primary not from a general election.

Second, Ron Paul don't have to register for shit for me to write him in. AJ If you think you need the governments permission to write a name on a ballot then I can understand why you would not write him in.

Third you fail to realize the system is rigged I have seen it in action for many years. That being the case why not stop being a sheep and buck the system to force them to look at your ballot?

Stop being a push over fairy!

hillbilly123069
07-19-2008, 05:31 AM

Fail. Fail. Fail.

Ron Paul didn't drop out did he? I thought he only suspended his campaign.
His rep at Campaign for Liberty said a write in would count in Dr Paul's favor.
What's your sources?

Kim4Paul
07-19-2008, 08:49 AM
thats because ron paul number 2 is actually just mccain trying to disguise himself as RP so we will vote for him :)

Hahaha :D

Up Front
07-20-2008, 11:15 PM
edit

Danke
07-20-2008, 11:18 PM
None of the above. I'd do what I'd always have done, write in Patrick Layton Paulsen.

AJ Antimony
07-20-2008, 11:34 PM
First, Wow, sir troll ass AJ Antimony, You fail to realize you are a moron and you are explaining the prosess of electing a nominee from the primary not from a general election.

Second, Ron Paul don't have to register for shit for me to write him in. AJ If you think you need the governments permission to write a name on a ballot then I can understand why you would not write him in.

Third you fail to realize the system is rigged I have seen it in action for many years. That being the case why not stop being a sheep and buck the system to force them to look at your ballot?

Stop being a push over fairy!

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about when you say I'm explaining "the prosess of electing a nominee from the primary not from a general election." Read my post again. I thought I was pretty clear. We're talking about writing in Paul in the general election.

Second, yes, Ron Paul DOES have to be an actual write in candidate for his votes to count. But you're also right--you can write whatever the fuck you want on your ballot. And whether you like it or not, writing in Ron Paul in 2008 is the exact same thing as writing in Mickey Mouse.

Third, you fail to place the blame where it lies. I used to think it was the system. I used to buy into the "bullshit polls," the "Diebold picks the winner," and all that crap. I've changed my mind to a great extent. I still think those things are crooked, but I've come to realize that the American people are truly as stupid as those polls indicate. So I urge you, stop blaming scapegoats and don't be afraid to blame those truly responsible for the policies of our representative democracy--the American people.

AJ Antimony
07-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Ron Paul didn't drop out did he? I thought he only suspended his campaign.
His rep at Campaign for Liberty said a write in would count in Dr Paul's favor.
What's your sources?

My post didn't mention anything about Paul's status in the Republican race. But to answer your question, he suspended his campaign. What rep from CFL said a write in would count? Here are my sources for my post...
1. US Constitution (http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.overview.html)
2. Ron Paul telling us to NOT write him in (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=34)

Up Front
07-20-2008, 11:45 PM
AJ Antimony Just watch this video and then shut your pie hole troll

http://s3.ytimg.com/vi/bI838n3kCPo/default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI838n3kCPo

AJ Antimony
07-20-2008, 11:50 PM
AJ Antimony Just watch this video and then shut your pie hole troll

http://s3.ytimg.com/vi/bI838n3kCPo/default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI838n3kCPo

You're calling ME the troll when YOU are the one who just joined the boards and only has a handful of posts? Just like your support of writing in Paul, logic is not on your side here.

Up Front
07-21-2008, 12:07 AM
AJ Antimony logic is on my side here and jeoulosy will get you no where.

We started this revolution and you sir are nothing more than a troll typing and keyboard bitching all day!

The minute I see that tangible documented proof you actually did something for Ron Paul is the minute I will respect you but as of now you can go pound sand.

Kludge
07-21-2008, 03:46 AM
RAWR!!! I'm on the INTERNET!

amy31416
07-21-2008, 09:20 AM

Fail. Fail. Fail.

All of the above is true in Pennsylvania, and is likely true in many other states.

To officially declare AJ a troll, he'd have to at least be spreading misinformation, and that just ain't the case here. I wanted to write-in, did a little research and found the same things he mentioned. Now I'm voting Baldwin or Barr and it's looking like it will likely be Barr.

brandon
07-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Ronaldo Earnesto

acptulsa
07-21-2008, 09:32 AM
I'd rather vote for "Jesus on a fucking Pogo Stick"

Oh, you'd vote for anyone to get a pogo stick that would do that for you...

yongrel
07-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Fail. Fail. Fail.

Are your panties still in a twist? Let people do what they want, and they'll let you do what you want.

I, for one, am writing in Ron Paul come hell or high water.

Danke
07-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Are your panties still in a twist? Let people do what they want, and they'll let you do what you want.

I, for one, am writing in Ron Paul come hell or high water.

Voting is one of the most sacred privileges. Ballots shouldn't be wasted making a political statement.

yongrel
07-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Voting is one of the most sacred privileges. Ballots shouldn't be wasted making a political statement.

I will abuse my privilege however I damn well please.

mconder
07-21-2008, 10:22 AM

You obviously havn't watched the G. Edward Griffen video on http://www.dvds4delegates.com/

mconder
07-21-2008, 10:26 AM
I will write in Ron Paul. Barr is a freedom movement spoiler.

torchbearer
07-21-2008, 10:27 AM
I will write in Ron Paul. Barr is a freedom movement spoiler.

:rolleyes:

Andrew-Austin
07-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Dumb thread is dumb.

acptulsa
07-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I picked number two.

I've never backed a winner for POTUS in my whole life. :(

Aratus
08-23-2008, 09:34 AM
!!!