PDA

View Full Version : We Need Canvassers!!! Name Recognition < 10%!

Electrostatic
08-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Okay all, I was canvassing for Ron Paul this weekend and the name recognition was around 10% having heard the name and only about 5% knowing anything about the man behind the name... We must do better.

We already "own" the internet.. That is not a question...

Unfortunatley, however, the 90% of the country that still gets it's news from the MSM does not know we exist... And it is up to us to change that...

Please do what you can to change this... There Is No Excuse For Anyone Within Your Neighborhood Not Knowing About Ron Paul!! Period!

I'm doing all that I can, And I know a few other people who are too, but the internet is not where this will be won or lost.

Please help.

Find your local GOP contact info...
Find local events to table...
Canvass your area and areas adjacent...
Encourage others to do the same...

No, not in a while.. This Week.. Please.. Pretty Please.. We are running out of time.

On Jan 1st it will already be decided.

Just a reminder, Chris

p.s. Please visit http://ronpaul.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page if you know your local or state GOP contact info, or the contact info of any pro liberty organizations we can get to...

pennycat
08-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Okay, since you said pretty please! I'll do it!

Thanks for sharing your experience of seeing 10 percent name recognition. Time to get to work.

Let's come back here and share our own experiences.

Sematary
08-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Again, if you are going to do this - sign the pledge. Make it contract with America, if you will
I'll be doing this quite a bit, as I have right along.

bc2208
08-29-2007, 07:15 AM
We already "own" the internet.. That is not a question...

Actually, we don't own the whole internet. We own the political arena on the internet. If all you do is shop online, watch celebrity gossip, check your fantasy scores, and play Warcraft, you may not know who we are.

How can we punch through that zombie barrier?

LibertyEagle
08-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Actually, we don't own the whole internet. We own the political arena on the internet. If all you do is shop online, watch celebrity gossip, check your fantasy scores, and play Warcraft, you may not know who we are.

Grab some campaign literature and walk out your front door.

Sematary
08-29-2007, 07:25 AM

Which is why I'm suggesting that we form an advertising committee to assess the best opportunities for advertising on the internet.

Sematary
08-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Grab some campaign literature and walk out your front door.

We STILL need to work on the internet, as well, however.
Where are our internet only people, when you need them?

LibertyEagle
08-29-2007, 07:31 AM
We STILL need to work on the internet, as well, however.
Where are our internet only people, when you need them?

That appears to be about all we have. "Internet only" people.

ronpaulyourmom
08-29-2007, 07:31 AM
www.gamersforacause.com is a project that I'm starting up. It might be a good starting point for somebody with a small ron paul advertising budget.

Unfortunately I cannot offer this ad space for free even though I support the man, because it's a serious endeavor on my part. If there's a PAC or an individual out there interested in discussing a discounted plan to reach some zombie gamers though, go ahead and use the contact form on the site.

P.S. I'm one of those internet only people, but I'll do my part by adding the Ron Paul Campaign to the benefactor list. :)

Sematary
08-29-2007, 08:00 AM
That appears to be about all we have. "Internet only" people.

I don't agree with that assessment but I do agree that not enough people are getting out and talking to people. It's not hard to do and the benefits are unimaginable. Alot of times, in my travels of various shopping plazas, I run across people who've seen his name somewhere and I'm simply reinforcing his message by giving them a face to go with the name.
When we did Ozzfest last week, many people had seen him on The Daily Show or Colbert. We need to reach out and grab these voters. The name is in their heads - we simply need to help them put it all together.

Sematary
08-29-2007, 08:03 AM
www.gamersforacause.com is a project that I'm starting up. It might be a good starting point for somebody with a small ron paul advertising budget.

Unfortunately I cannot offer this ad space for free even though I support the man, because it's a serious endeavor on my part. If there's a PAC or an individual out there interested in discussing a discounted plan to reach some zombie gamers though, go ahead and use the contact form on the site.

P.S. I'm one of those internet only people, but I'll do my part by adding the Ron Paul Campaign to the benefactor list. :)

Without any traffic, what would be the point of advertising there?

gagnonstudio
08-29-2007, 08:09 AM
My area is very sparsely populated (Northern Maine), but I am in the process of printing out as many slim jims I can. And will be going door to door delivering them. I am also going to leave my phone number and email address for anyone to email me if they want further information, or if they want a dvd of speeches. A bunch of people around here don't really rely on the internet, so probably won't look him up that way.

Everyone just needs to tackle town by town. This is crucial. Door to door. The signs are awesome for name recognition, but information itself is priceless.

Sematary
08-29-2007, 08:24 AM
My area is very sparsely populated (Northern Maine), but I am in the process of printing out as many slim jims I can. And will be going door to door delivering them. I am also going to leave my phone number and email address for anyone to email me if they want further information, or if they want a dvd of speeches. A bunch of people around here don't really rely on the internet, so probably won't look him up that way.

Everyone just needs to tackle town by town. This is crucial. Door to door. The signs are awesome for name recognition, but information itself is priceless.

Don't leave them IN mailboxes. It is a federal offense.

gagnonstudio
08-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Don't leave them IN mailboxes. It is a federal offense.

No Worries, I'm going to knock on doors. Its a cop out just to leave it, anyway. We need to interact with people to really get the word out.

Sematary
08-29-2007, 08:31 AM
No Worries, I'm going to knock on doors. Its a cop out just to leave it, anyway. We need to interact with people to really get the word out.

They aren't always going to be there - especially during the daytime hours. The same holds true if you leave slimjims in parking lots at shopping centers. Most of the time, you won't ever meet the owner of the vehicle (sometimes you will)

gagnonstudio
08-29-2007, 08:37 AM
They aren't always going to be there - especially during the daytime hours. The same holds true if you leave slimjims in parking lots at shopping centers. Most of the time, you won't ever meet the owner of the vehicle (sometimes you will)

I'll keep that in mind when I start hitting surrounding towns. I'm going to tackle my hometown first, and everyone is always home after 5. Its a very small conservative family oriented town, people are always home in the evening. Plus everyone probably knows who I am, so they will welcome the information with an open mind.

ronpaulyourmom
08-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Well Sematary, the reason there is no traffic is because that post I just made is the first time I've mentioned the site outside of a private conversation. We're not launching for about 5-10 days still.

Regardless, the advertising is in-game, not on the site, and if the purchased impressions are not delivered then it's relatively easy to process a refund. So if there isn't any traffic and the project falls flat, there's really no risk.

One reason I can think of for using this platform is that it would allow for a campaign centered on Dr. Paul's ideas rather than just pure name recognition. Another is that you'll have their attention because typically a gamer does not leave their computer screen during a map loading when playing these games because they only tend to last about 8-15 seconds. A third would be that that you're targeting those gamers who specifically downloaded the software in order to help out good causes, meaning that they care about the world they live in and if sold on Ron Paul would care about his campaign. And finally our system hands 80% of the advertising revenue to the gamers watching the ads and lets them donate it, so any gamers turned supporters would have money in their GFC account that could be given to the campaign. It would almost be like POS advertising when looking at it from this perspective.

Maybe I'm a bit biased toward my own project and I give these arguments more credit than they deserve, but in my experience the vast majority of the internet is still unreached. I spend most of my time online and many people I talk with outside of the RP circles still don't know who he is, and, not surprisingly, even those who do have very little concept of what he stands for. We need more boots on the ground in cyberspace too.

paulitics
08-29-2007, 09:16 AM

An important and overlooked point. I was an internet user and somewhat politically aware and I still did not know about Howard Dean until around labor day in 2003. Dean was plastered on the internet then. 90% of those who use the internet are not political junkies.

Ive mentioned it before, we punch through that barrier by visiting aol and msn messageboards. This is mainstream internet. We have conquered networking poltical sites and youtube, but that is all.

Sematary
08-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Well Sematary, the reason there is no traffic is because that post I just made is the first time I've mentioned the site outside of a private conversation. We're not launching for about 5-10 days still.

Regardless, the advertising is in-game, not on the site, and if the purchased impressions are not delivered then it's relatively easy to process a refund. So if there isn't any traffic and the project falls flat, there's really no risk.

One reason I can think of for using this platform is that it would allow for a campaign centered on Dr. Paul's ideas rather than just pure name recognition. Another is that you'll have their attention because typically a gamer does not leave their computer screen during a map loading when playing these games because they only tend to last about 8-15 seconds. A third would be that that you're targeting those gamers who specifically downloaded the software in order to help out good causes, meaning that they care about the world they live in and if sold on Ron Paul would care about his campaign. And finally our system hands 80% of the advertising revenue to the gamers watching the ads and lets them donate it, so any gamers turned supporters would have money in their GFC account that could be given to the campaign. It would almost be like POS advertising when looking at it from this perspective.

Maybe I'm a bit biased toward my own project and I give these arguments more credit than they deserve, but in my experience the vast majority of the internet is still unreached. I spend most of my time online and many people I talk with outside of the RP circles still don't know who he is, and, not surprisingly, even those who do have very little concept of what he stands for. We need more boots on the ground in cyberspace too.

Here is the point, however. I ran a semi successful website on the internet for years (almost a decade). In fact the site is still running, I just don't own it any longer. It took years to build it to a point where I could even consider the option of advertising on it. Even now, with over 30,000 visitors a month, the site is "2nd tier" - although I hate that term now. ;)
The advertising needs to be where people will see it.
If you start to see an appreciable number of visitors, let me know.

mconder
08-29-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure how effective most Meetup groups are, but my group does a lot to get the word out to people on the ground. We show up at many public events, and are usually the only people representing any political candidate. So, at least in Southern Utah, Ron's name is getting out in a big way. We are doing what we can.