PDA

View Full Version : Respond to USA Today Poll and Vote for Legalized Internet Gambling

JeffreyS
07-18-2008, 11:35 AM
The largest circulated newspaper in American, USA Today, has posed a survey question about whether it is time to legalize online gambling. Click here read the article and cast your vote.

So far, the overwhelming majority of the votes are in favor of legalization. However, more votes are needed to send readers a message that there is strong support in favor of legalization.

Importantly, the article also highlights legislation introduced this week by Rep. Jim McDermott, which seeks to direct new revenue generated by legalized and regulated Internet gambling activities to be spent on job training for those in the declining sectors of the economy and educational assistance for foster care youth.

Thanks.

Jeffrey Sandman
Safe and Secure Internet Gambling Initiative
www.safeandsecureig.org

brandon
07-18-2008, 11:37 AM
I lost $50 playing poker online last night. :( I wish the fed would bail me out.

hillertexas
07-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Your link is not there.

No1ButPaul08
07-18-2008, 11:48 AM
The largest circulated newspaper in American, USA Today, has posed a survey question about whether it is time to legalize online gambling. Click here read the article and cast your vote.

So far, the overwhelming majority of the votes are in favor of legalization. However, more votes are needed to send readers a message that there is strong support in favor of legalization.

Importantly, the article also highlights legislation introduced this week by Rep. Jim McDermott, which seeks to direct new revenue generated by legalized and regulated Internet gambling activities to be spent on job training for those in the declining sectors of the economy and educational assistance for foster care youth.

Thanks.

Jeffrey Sandman
Safe and Secure Internet Gambling Initiative
www.safeandsecureig.org

As a full time internet poker player, I'm not sure I want this. I'm not sure what's better, illegal unregulated gambling, or legal regulated gambling. Regulated = taxed, which will drive up the price to play. It will however, open the market back up. It all comes down to how much regulation they are really proposing. I would much prefer the Frank-Paul bill, which would in effect repeal UIGEA, which would basically open the market back up and be unregualed.

Why would this new revenue be for job training or educational assistance for foster care youth? Why should gamblers have to pay for that? If anything, the money should be spent on problem gambling.

I am very curious as to what Ron Paul's thoughts are on this McDermott Bill

sratiug
07-18-2008, 11:57 AM
As a full time internet poker player, I'm not sure I want this. I'm not sure what's better, illegal unregulated gambling, or legal regulated gambling. Regulated = taxed, which will drive up the price to play. It will however, open the market back up. It all comes down to how much regulation they are really proposing. I would much prefer the Frank-Paul bill, which would in effect repeal UIGEA, which would basically open the market back up and be unregualed.

Why would this new revenue be for job training educational assistance for foster care youth? Why should gamblers have to pay for that? If anything, the money should be spent on problem gambling.

My guess is Dr. Paul would oppose this bill. Me too.

brandon
07-18-2008, 11:57 AM

Why would this new revenue be for job training or educational assistance for foster care youth? Why should gamblers have to pay for that? If anything, the money should be spent on problem gambling.

How much money do you make? Have any tips for me? :D

Knightskye
07-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Dude, where's the poll?

Roxi
07-18-2008, 12:11 PM
link please...

also don't post it as a click here... post it as a broken link... if they get an influx of votes directed from this site, they won't count those votes and they will call us spammers

No1ButPaul08
07-18-2008, 12:22 PM
How much money do you make? Have any tips for me? :D

Not near as much as I should have the last 5 years :(. The games were so easy to crush until UIGEA (they were getting harder though).

I'm really kicking myself for not putting the proper time and effort in. I've also had some bankroll management issues, which i have overcome.

Tips? If you really want to get good, I would say read the books and visit the forums at www.twoplustwo.com. Once you learn the game, I believe that playing with confidence is the most important part of poker. www.deucescracked.com is a pay service which provides video tutorials.

JeffreyS
07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Vote Here:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2008/07/is-it-time-to-l.html

hillertexas
07-18-2008, 12:49 PM
voted:

Is it time to legalize online gambling?
Yes 98%
No 2%

Total votes: 663