PDA

View Full Version : M1 Garand Rifle for $495.00

B964
07-18-2008, 05:41 AM
Yes you to can purchase the "greatest battle implement ever devised" per general George S Patton, for $495.00 plus shipping. FedExed right to your house.

How?

1. Join the Revolutionary War Veterans Association RWVA.ORG

2. Attend an Appleseed marksmanship training course.

3. Print out order forms and rifle item number from ODCMP.COM

4. Fill out forms per instructions, send payment with copy of RWVA membership card, training couse certification obtained after Appleseed event.

5. Wait for FedEx with anticipation. (requires adult signature in person)

A piece of history and a formidable rifle to this day. Think of holding a rifle that may have stormed the beaches of Normandy in the hands of a 17 year old American hero. It brings goose pimples to my skin and a tear to my eye.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/B964/100_1473.jpg

ronpaulblogsdotcom
07-18-2008, 06:38 AM
I was reading about this from another thread. An amazing opportunity. Nice wood on that one BTW.

B964
07-18-2008, 06:43 AM
I was reading about this from another thread. An amazing opportunity. Nice wood on that one BTW.

The stock on this one is new, not original GI. I requested a shooter over a collectable for this rifle.
For my collectable one, me and a couple other Appleseeders are driving out to the Ohio CMP to hand select them. If you go to the Ohio or Alabama armmory they will let you hand pick a rifle.

rmodel65
07-18-2008, 09:30 AM
ok from looking at the website it looks like i eligible to purchase a rifle now if i join rwva since i hold a ccw license is this correct?

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity

You must provide proof of participation in a marksmanship related activity or otherwise show familiarity with the safe handling of firearms and range procedures. Your marksmanship related activity does not have to be with highpower rifles; it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns. Proof of marksmanship participation can be provided by documenting any of the following:

* Current or past military service.
* Current or past law enforcement service
* Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).
* Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).
* Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.
* Concealed Carry License.
* Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training.
* FFL or C&R license.
* Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.
* Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/forms/marksmanship.pdf
* No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages.

NOTE: Proof of marksmanship activity is not required for purchase of ammunition, parts, publications or memorabilia.

B964
07-18-2008, 01:00 PM
ok from looking at the website it looks like i eligible to purchase a rifle now if i join rwva since i hold a ccw license is this correct?

Marksmanship or other Firearms Related Activity

You must provide proof of participation in a marksmanship related activity or otherwise show familiarity with the safe handling of firearms and range procedures. Your marksmanship related activity does not have to be with highpower rifles; it can be with smallbore rifles, pistols, air guns or shotguns. Proof of marksmanship participation can be provided by documenting any of the following:

* Current or past military service.
* Current or past law enforcement service
* Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).
* Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).
* Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.
* Concealed Carry License.
* Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training.
* FFL or C&R license.
* Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.
* Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/forms/marksmanship.pdf
* No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages.

NOTE: Proof of marksmanship activity is not required for purchase of ammunition, parts, publications or memorabilia.

Looks like it. So for $20.00 for a year membership your all set. When you get that M1 take it to an Appleseed and master it.

newyearsrevolution08
07-18-2008, 01:09 PM
We will be going to one in October it looks like. I have been fascinated with this event since I learned of it and am trying to get a decent group to go with me as well.

I just took apart my bullpup 10/22 and will be getting iron sights and a regular stock on it to go out there. I added up the cost to buy an m1 + the ammo needed to shoot it + everything else AND realized that I will just take the 10/22 to learn with and wait on the m1 later on.

It also makes sense to wait until I get my cert from the appleseed so I can snag up one of these m1's anyways.

Keep up the great work, whoever is putting on these events!

rmodel65
07-18-2008, 02:43 PM
hmmm that seems like a good deal pay 20 bucks join rwva buy the rifle :)

B964
07-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Newyearsrevolution08,

"Keep up the great work, whoever is putting on these events!"

YOU can be whoever is putting on these events. Go the the Appleseed website forum. Register for the forum and find your state board. Contact your states coordinator and ask what help is needed. We are looking for people that can help set up and promote shoots all over the country. Many of the things needing to be done can be done from home. If you are into a real good time get involved in range scouting and shoot setup.
If you or anyone is interested, PM me your email and I can speed up the approval process. They are just screening for spammers. The forum there is a working site, the motto being 100% percent Appleseed 100% of the time. There is some room for minor chatter but please limit it.

Ed

newyearsrevolution08
07-18-2008, 04:25 PM
I will look into it, I want to go to one FIRST but odds are after that I would be more than happy to help out. I am going to be doing a few things in my area to bring awareness to the locals about our 2nd amendment rights as well as how fun it is to shoot.

I have one range here in town that would odds are be more than happy to do it. Here is their site http://www.shootfrpc.com

Odds are I will end up setting up and organizing things right here in the Fresno area for one of these. We have too many local shooters for one NOT to be here and it is great for the local business and ranges.

Newyearsrevolution08,

"Keep up the great work, whoever is putting on these events!"

YOU can be whoever is putting on these events. Go the the Appleseed website forum. Register for the forum and find your state board. Contact your states coordinator and ask what help is needed. We are looking for people that can help set up and promote shoots all over the country. Many of the things needing to be done can be done from home. If you are into a real good time get involved in range scouting and shoot setup.
If you or anyone is interested, PM me your email and I can speed up the approval process. They are just screening for spammers. The forum there is a working site, the motto being 100% percent Appleseed 100% of the time. There is some room for minor chatter but please limited.

Ed

Doktor_Jeep
07-19-2008, 02:31 AM
Guys.

Yes it's a nice rifle but how much .30-06 will be laying around?

An M1 Garand is good for putting in a large plastic pipe with sealed ends, and bury it, along with some desicant and at least 300 rounds in clips.

I am sorry to be the Negative Nelly on this one but I think they do a disservice ditributing these collectibles. For $495 you can shop around and get a use AR-15 or perhaps a FAL, both in calibers stockpiled by police and military (hint: resupply) with plenty of spare parts and accessories to go around. Every patriot should have THOUSANDS of rounds stored (not all in one place please). Try stocking up on .30-06 like that and you will go broke. You need to practice, and since there is, as a last resort, .22LR conversion kits for the AR-15, you need something you can practice with.

B964
07-19-2008, 05:14 AM
Guys.

Yes it's a nice rifle but how much .30-06 will be laying around?

An M1 Garand is good for putting in a large plastic pipe with sealed ends, and bury it, along with some desicant and at least 300 rounds in clips.

I am sorry to be the Negative Nelly on this one but I think they do a disservice ditributing these collectibles. For $495 you can shop around and get a use AR-15 or perhaps a FAL, both in calibers stockpiled by police and military (hint: resupply) with plenty of spare parts and accessories to go around. Every patriot should have THOUSANDS of rounds stored (not all in one place please). Try stocking up on .30-06 like that and you will go broke. You need to practice, and since there is, as a last resort, .22LR conversion kits for the AR-15, you need something you can practice with.

You are correct. It may have sounded like I meant this rifle to be your go to rifle and that was not my intension. Just as I do not mean that a 10/22 is a main battle rifle, but I do recommend you have and train with one. As formidable as the M1 is, a modern AR or FAL is more practical.

jkm1864
07-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Looks alot like my M1A scout I just bought. I have never fired it yet but I would love to real soon. I love how its made its all metal and walnut so its pretty durable. The only thing I don't like is the weight because 10 pounds is alot for a gun.