PDA

View Full Version : Well, we here in Texas need your money! (Adopt-a-Texan)

mavtek
08-29-2007, 12:51 AM
I know, sounds bad, but I don't care.

It's honesty!

http://www.adopt-a-texan.net/

We need money to get these delegates up to Ft. Worth!

mavtek
08-29-2007, 12:53 AM
BTW! I gave $75!

Please HELP!

trispear
08-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Damn, why didn't this come up earlier? Tickets would have been $50 instead of $75:(

Please sticky this! I'll scrounge around but I'm paying tuition/books right now so I'm sorry if I'm of no help this month.

mavtek
08-29-2007, 01:03 AM
I just got the email, sorry forwarded here as soon as I heard.

I don't know why the largest meetup doesn't seem to have representation in this forum.

CountryB4Party
08-29-2007, 01:50 AM
"I don't know why the largest meetup doesn't seem to have representation in this forum."

-----------

Knowing a bit about that group, if I had to guess the reason, it would be because they are get-busy strategists. You don't discuss strategy on a public forum, and they probably don't have much time to socialize.

I would hope they would send someone over with such announcements and requests, though.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Do y'all have a method of getting the tickets to people who actually need them and are verified for Ron Paul? This is trickier than it sounds, as we learned in Iowa.

bc2208
08-29-2007, 07:50 AM
Yea, what exactly does the money go to?

Slugg
08-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Please give anything you can. A straw poll of all ex-delegates is big (regardless of what the nay-sayers believe). Isn't the Iowa caucus all delegates? I think this could start a trend (I hope anyway). Donate a little, it helps.

Dustancostine
08-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Well, I know that they can't just buy tickets and pass them out like they did in Iowa. The delegates actually have to go and sign up and pay at the time of registration. So they would either have to give the delegate $75 in cash and tell them to register and go over and register with them.

--DUstan

Sematary
08-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Please give anything you can. A straw poll of all ex-delegates is big (regardless of what the nay-sayers believe). Isn't the Iowa caucus all delegates? I think this could start a trend (I hope anyway). Donate a little, it helps.

Can you address Duncan's post? HOW is the money going to be used to get voters for Ron Paul?

Slugg
08-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Can you address Duncan's post? HOW is the money going to be used to get voters for Ron Paul?

Below is the email sent out by the San Antonio Meetup group. My understanding is it is going to be used to pay the entrance fee of people who can't afford it. Pay special attention to the part that says, "If you're uncomfortable donating directly, contact Pam and we'll put you in touch with a delegate who needs the money directly (so you can transfer funds directly to a person who's buying a ticket).

From Chuck with the Austin Meetup:

As many of you know, we're trying to get people up to the TX GOP Straw Poll to vote this Saturday for Dr. Paul.

Unfortunately, a lot of our supporters would like to go but can't afford the $75 entrance fee. For instance:

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 12:59, Sandra Crosnoe/online wrote:
> Jean,
>
> I just got off the phone with Clint. He lost his wife Cathy last week.
> Even so, he and his son David will be there to vote for Ron Paul on Saturday
> if at all possible. They are dealing with funeral expenses and everything
> right now and I assured them we could get them comped for the tickets if
> they came, but not sure how to make it happen. Please advise them or me or
> both. Thanks a bunch.
>

We have a couple dozen stories like this. We have 80 and 90 year olds who live alone on fixed incomes, we have people fighting cancer, we have single parents who normally work weekends. All these people love liberty and want very badly to go vote for Congressman Paul this weekend in the Straw Poll. You can help them do this by going to:

http://www.adopt-a-texan.net/

and donating via Pay Pal. If you're not comfortable with this, please contact our organizer Pam at this address:

pam@web-function.com

and she and I will work together to hook you up directly with a delegate who needs some monetary assistance in getting to the Straw Poll.

Thanks so much for whatever support you can lend!