PDA

View Full Version : All work and no play makes DjLoTi...

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 12:11 AM
I work all the time, and since RPR is trying to cover every major political event, it's never ending work. Plus, it's really only ME doing EVERYTHING.

I know that's the way things go when you really want something done, and it's also sort of the way I've set it up to be.. I never really reached out to people. I find it hard asking people to do stuff when I don't even really know what that 'stuff' is. I need more people. I need more people involved with RPR. I need people to take some weight off my shoulders.

I do everything. Before all this, before Ron Paul, I just chillled..... hung out... enjoyed life... partied... slept... play video games, watch sports... dj...

now... I don't have time for *anything*.

I really need to take like a solid 2 week vacation.. but that won't come for another 4 months. 4 months of this shit, and it's only getting busier. It's fucking driving me crazy

Plus, it's not like it's 'the chillout lounge radio', it's a fucking political radio, so there's tons of enemies and you've got to tread your ground lightly.

I need some help. I need some people who know webdesign. I don't know jack. I need press people. It's such a headache. lol... I need advertising people. We need to bring in revenue, we're not making enough. It's driving me crazy.

But since it's all me, I do all jobs, all the time... no breaks, no free time, no fun, no vacations, just work, work, work.

I have work to do now. Hah, and that's my 'real job' work. I'm at work right now. But I have even more work when I get home. I have work when I wake up. Then, after a few hours of work, I have to go to work where I'll work on both my real job and RPR.

Come this weekend, I have more work to do, and I don't even have enough time. It's all just work, work, work. I don't know when it's going to end. I don't know if it's going to end. It just keeps going and going... in the mean time, some things get left behind.

*edited*

I'm fucking exhausted, I really think there are very few people who are as passionate and as hard working and committed towards the campaign as I am. I never stop. I never waiver.

K I'm going to stop ranting because... I have to finish my work so I can go home..

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Let me correct my statement here.. before I really got off the ground, I didn't want too much help because I knew what we had to do. Now we're off the ground... I need like.. a legit team of people. We need to be legit media if it's ever really going to be worth my effort. And I can't do that alone. /end crying.

ghemminger
08-29-2007, 12:19 AM
I have been helping the other RON PAUL radio
We have gotten him some people to help with web design, marketing and news etc. and I'm putting together a team to help fundraise.

We are haveing a CA GOP event Sept 7-9th with Mcain, the Govonator...let me know if I can help you..

Also RP is coming to LA in Sept too.

Regarding Fundraising...We need to organize a unofficial list of GRassRoots ORgs and set up a "beg" email or letter that we can get out to US?World Ron P Supporters...I am working on this project...but could use help....

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 12:23 AM
He costs $2,000 a month and has a 1 hour show 5 days a week. I am 24/7, cost no where near that amount of money, and can service 30,000 listeners.

If you think he's the next thing, I'm telling you.. he's not. He's just not as versatile or as flexible as we are. Plus, he's dropping out of GCN because he can't afford it.. already!

And did he come to me, asking me to let him do a show on my station? No... he went to an entirely different radio platform. That's something that'll frustrate me =)

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 12:26 AM
That guy screws me over and continues to screw me over, not only me but everybody.. he knows nothing about internet radio. I have 4 years experience.

Trust me when I say, if he decided not to split, and if we'd 'join forces'.. man it'd be so much nicer. But instead he bought his way into GCN and now he's depending on people to pay him 2k a month, and it already hasn't happened so now he's moving to a new network, with a show for something like 1 hour 1 day a week... in the meantime we're 24/7 strong and people STILL get confused. It's fucking lame

ghemminger
08-29-2007, 12:26 AM
He costs $2,000 a month and has a 1 hour show 5 days a week. I am 24/7, cost no where near that amount of money, and can service 30,000 listeners.

If you think he's the next thing, I'm telling you.. he's not. He's just not as versatile or as flexible as we are. Plus, he's dropping out of GCN because he can't afford it.. already!

And did he come to me, asking me to let him do a show on my station? No... he went to an entirely different radio platform. That's something that'll piss me off... consistently. I don't even want to talk about that.

Try not to be pissed...he has alot of Contacts HQ and a good following...

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 12:28 AM
*edited*

I'm done talking about this.

ghemminger
08-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Sorry man..we'll pull this thing together...i smell an avalanche of support comming on

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 12:35 AM
It's hard not to be pissed when I can see so clearly what it's doing in the long run. And what do I have to do to counter SV's money? I work. and do everything myself. Since.. I'm not paying anyone to have a radio show/station, it's all me. Grassroots effort.

I have hope that a grassroots movement outshines a corporate push. I guess we'll see

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah, thanks, sorry for venting. It's tough for me, I've put everything I've got into this. He just paid 2k.

You can be sure ... come primaries... our coverage is going to be OFF-the-HOOK ;)

Yeah, we're going to be growing quickly.. and soon... but I'm only saying that out of predictions, not out of certainty. It's tough working so hard... and just being stifled, not only that but.. man... no free time..

I used to have a life. But now, I just don't :'( . I've never been so committed to anything before in my entire life, and after 4 months of it, I'm missing a bit of who I am and who I was...

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 12:49 AM
hahaha, I was doing this post for motivation but WOW, you just made me more pissed talking about SV. Maybe that's why we're just not that successful, because everyone's got it confused, and he's already annoyed people with RonPaulradio so much they don't even want to hear about it anymore

I don't know.. I want to go back to Europe for like a month and forget about this shit. 5 months ago, I was in Europe having the time of my life. I knew nothing about politics. Now it rules my life. I want to escape.. but I can't... my life, wellbeing, and country depend on me... I wish I could work harder...

BuddyRey
08-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey LoTi, I see you need a lot of technical people, but do you need any right-brain types? Bloggers/hosts/people to design fliers?

I need press people.

This sounds interesting! What would it entail?

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 01:08 AM
:) Technical side, I need some webpage work. I could also use like a 'show host contact', someone to talk to the show hosts to make sure they're taken care of, including new potential hosts. If you'd like a show, you're more then welcome to.

A press person is basically someone who contacts all the hosts for major events, like the NH debate on the 5th hosted by FOX. You'll need to find out when and where to send in for press credentials, and then you'll need to find people to actually do the event. The meetup groups rock for this. Seriously.. it's perfect

Even if you decide not to do it, thanks for asking .. :) Let me know, you can just post here .. that'd be easier. If you'd like something specific, even if it's just one thing.. let me know, and I'll go into more detail. I'll hook you up with an email and everything ;)

lol It makes me feel so much better that you asked, even if you're not down, I just don't feel so alone.. hah , thanks. :)

Shatterhand
08-29-2007, 01:21 AM
DjLoTi,

Thank you for all your great work!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Ok, I realize now that i need to make a list of everything I need. I'll get that up by Thursday. In the meantime, anyone let me know if they're interested in becoming the following:

Events coordinator
Shows coordinator
Press coordinator
Marketing/advertising coordinator
Website/webdesign support

(as of right now I am all of these things except the last one) lol

That's all for now. Thanks Buddy Rey for the inspiration to make a list :)

Thanks Shatterhand :)

I'm home now so I'm going to enjoy my time... and my sleep. Night everyone

JoshLowry
08-29-2007, 02:50 AM
and after 4 months of it, I'm missing a bit of who I am and who I was...

I second that! I don't remember who I am!

Keep up the good work, RP needs every single one of us to push this monster.

mdh
08-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey djl, I emailed you.

ghemminger
08-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey DJ I've included you in all my "BEG for DONATION" emails, write below marchacrossamerica.blogspot.com

I'm working on Foriegn and domestic donations....let me know if there is anyone you want to add to the fundraising team!

DjLoTi
08-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks Matt! I wrote you back!

Ghem, I'll write you tonight! I just woke up.... but I've got to go to work now :-/