PDA

View Full Version : Both Campaigns Linked To Fannie, Freddie

WarDog
07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
When Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's stock prices plunged and rumors of their insolvency swirled, the presidential campaigns of Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama released terse statements about the mortgage giants, then went nearly silent.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/17/politics/washingtonpost/main4266981.shtml

Zippyjuan
07-17-2008, 04:09 PM
The Macs (Fannie and Freddie) contribute very large sums to election campaings - on both sides. As a quasi government institution, they should be barred from that. I think they either need to be made completely private or completely under government control. I think they could function just fine as private institutions. Then the share holders and CEOs would be responsible for both the benefits and the losses instead of only the benefits.

Kludge
07-17-2008, 04:10 PM
lmao... For a while I wondered why you mentioned John McCain since Ron Paul won the primary...

Bedtime, I think....

Night.

Mahkato
07-17-2008, 04:11 PM
I think they could function just fine as private institutions. Then the share holders and CEOs would be responsible for both the benefits and the losses instead of only the benefits.

Now that's just crazy talk! How could that possibly work?! :rolleyes: