PDA

View Full Version : Major backlash against Obama has begun

Liberty Star
07-17-2008, 12:30 PM
His flip flopping seems to have started to catch up with fake messiah's campaign of deception that fooled many early on:

These sentiments, for example, are from actual blogs: If Obama believes the BS he said about the FISA Capitulation bill, then he is not fit to be President.

He is turning on every major issue and I am not going to vote for him. From here on out, the netroots should refuse to donate to any Democratic nominee, including Barack Obama.

Obama, it turns out, is a politician. In this respect, he resembles the forty-three Presidents he hopes to succeed, from the Father of His Country to the wayward son, Alpha George to Omega George. Winning a Presidential election doesn’t require being all things to all of the people all of the time, but it does require being some things to most of the people some of the time. It doesn’t require saying one thing and also saying its opposite, but it does require saying more or less the same thing in ways that are understood in different ways. They’re all politicians, yes—very much including Obama, as Ryan Lizza shows elsewhere in this issue. But that doesn’t mean they’re all the same.

It was inevitable that the boggier reaches of the blogosphere would eventually smell betrayal. In contrast, what bloggers call the MSM—the mainstream media—seldom trades in the currency of moral indignation. Although the better newspapers have regular features devoted to evaluating the candidates’ proposals for workability, the MSM generally eschews value judgments about the merits. The MSM—especially the cable-news intravenous drip—prefers flip-flops.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25673270/

I wasn't a big fan of McCain but Obama looks much worse now.

pacelli
07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah, and when another terror attack happens, conveniently timed before the election, I'll bet they vote for Juan McShame.

Kade
07-17-2008, 12:34 PM
His flip flopping seems to have started to catch up with fake messiah's campaign of deception that fooled many early on:

He didn't "fool" anyone. If Obama had remained the same, I would still be supporting him. Instead, he has sacrificed power for principle, ran to the neo-con center, and in return is receiving backlash from the liberals. The article is good, there was no need for your commentary in the beginning.

ItsTime
07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah, and when another terror attack happens, conveniently timed before the election, I'll bet they vote for Juan McShame.

they wont attack till after the elections, that is the history of al qaeda

Kludge
07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
He didn't "fool" anyone. If Obama had remained the same, I would still be supporting him. Instead, he has sacrificed power for principle, ran to the neo-con center, and in return is receiving backlash from the liberals. The article is good, there was no need for your commentary in the beginning.

There was no need for your commentary...

ItsTime
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM

finally commentary that was needed! :D

Kade
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM

I think any commentary that is in direct contrast with the herd mentality here, that does not divide and expel the growing number of disenfranchised liberals, is in fact, needed.

Kade
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
finally commentary that was needed! :D

http://ocw.usu.edu/University_Extension/sheep-and-lambing-management/sheep.jpg

Kludge
07-17-2008, 12:39 PM
*snip*

http://www.pimpyourshirts.com/catalog/oscartransfer.jpg

Kade
07-17-2008, 12:40 PM
http://www.pimpyourshirts.com/catalog/oscartransfer.jpg

Nah, you sometimes veer off the worthless path. Chuckles on the other hand over here... seriously.

Liberty Star
07-17-2008, 12:41 PM

After RP was not a contender, I was hoping Obama could be a better alternative than McCain and was symphthetic towards his candidacy. But given his brief record, the guy either lies on every thing according to popular opinions or lacks any convictions and grasp of issues. In either case, that makes him a typical politician with almost a disgusting level of sham politicing or flip flopping. His defeat would be good for America I believe now.

Kade
07-17-2008, 12:45 PM
After RP was not a contender, I was hoping Obama could be a better alternative than McCain and was symphthetic towards his candidacy. But given his brief record, the guy either lies on every thing according to popular opinions or lacks any convictions and grasp of issues. In either case, that makes him a typical politician with almost a disgusting level of sham politicing or flip flopping. His defeat would be good for America I believe now.

His defeat would be a win for McCain... my word... I can't put words to how undesirable that outcome is to me...

If McCain does win though, it would be the ruin of the Republican Party...

I agree with you though, Obama lacks convictions, and as a result, he will have lost his base.

You should hear the people on my side of things who are wishing we had gotten Hillary now...

Bruno
07-17-2008, 12:47 PM

You're kidding, right? He has fooled a lot of people - people that never looked past than the words Hope and Change to find out what he really represents.

Many people are going to feel misled when Obama, who they thought was going to get the U.S. out of Iraq, merely takes out a couple of brigades (upon the advice of the generals on the ground) and moves them to another war front, Afghanistan. And he is happy to play up the fear card and get us moving into war with Iran and Pakistan, as well.

Yes, many people have been fooled. They are going to feel just as some of felt after voting for Bush (the 2nd time, at the very least) - SEVERELY misled and disappointed.

acptulsa
07-17-2008, 12:52 PM
I think they have finally and greedily gotten to the point where the lesser of evils is just too damn evil for any thinking person to accept. Many are still on board with Obama as his candidacy is monumentally historic. Many of McCain's supporters are, sad to say, on board for the exact same reason. Everyone else--disenfranchised and beginning to realize it.

Liberty Star
07-17-2008, 12:52 PM
His defeat would be a win for McCain... my word... I can't put words to how undesirable that outcome is to me...

If McCain does win though, it would be the ruin of the Republican Party...

I agree with you though, Obama lacks convictions, and as a result, he will have lost his base.

You should hear the people on my side of things who are wishing we had gotten Hillary now...

My primary concern is America, not Republican party - as should be of all of us. McCain is more principled than Obama and does not have a spine made of jello as weak as he is. These are tough times and America can't afford a weak leader like Obama.

Hillary was wronged by Obama's slick and clever campaign manipulations it appears now looking back, not that I care for her leadership much either.

Kade
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
You're kidding, right? He has fooled a lot of people - people that never looked past than the words Hope and Change to find out what he really represents.

Yes, many people have been fooled. They are going to feel just as some of felt after voting for Bush (the 2nd time, at the very least) - SEVERELY misled and disappointed.

Those people still support him.

The OP suggested that the people who don't anymore were somehow fooled... if they were, they were fooled by his supposed principles that he has now betrayed.

I will not feel misled or disappointed, because he lost my vote.

Kade
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
My primary concern is America, not Republican party - as should be of all of us.
Hillary was wronged by Obama's slick and clever campaign manipulations it appears now looking back, not that I care for her leadership much either.

I believe Hillary would have remained true to her principles... and I believe she would have voted against FISA... but maybe it is a pipedream.

LittleLightShining
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I believe Hillary would have remained true to her principles... and I believe she would have voted against FISA... but maybe it is a pipedream.I thought she did vote against it.

Kade
07-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I thought she did vote against it.

Would she have if the roles were reversed? That is what I wonder...

Bruno
07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Those people still support him.

The OP suggested that the people who don't anymore were somehow fooled... if they were, they were fooled by his supposed principles that he has now betrayed.

I will not feel misled or disappointed, because he lost my vote.

He fooled many and is still fooling most. Better? :rolleyes: ;)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-17-2008, 01:04 PM
they wont attack till after the elections, that is the history of al qaeda

So? Will they attack us by submarine? I mean, none of the geniuses can attack us by a plane or a ship now as a result of their naughtiness. I assume that the throbbing master mind of Osama bin Laden will think of something.

Danke
07-17-2008, 01:17 PM

http://www.gadgetell.com/images/2007/06/obama.jpg

Andrew-Austin
07-17-2008, 02:11 PM
*checks bottom of linked page

Story rating: 2 out of 5 stars - after 126 votes

Now what does this tell us?

Kludge
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Now what does this tell us?

MSFT will be up 2.55% tomorrow.

AmericaFyeah92
07-17-2008, 02:36 PM
I actually just read a Time Editorial that criticized people for feeling disgruntled about Obama's flip-flopping. It said something like "moving to the center at the beginning of a general election is the natural political process, and complaining about it is childish." What a load of bullshit. The fucking nerve of these op-ed writers. They're just like the ones who said conservatives were obligated to vote McCain.

Obama is looking more and more status quo.

kombayn
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
^+1 on that buddy. Obama moving to the center, and it's not even the true conservative part to get to the center, he's moving to the neo-con center. That's what disgusts me, so his bi-partisanship he was talking about was the Neo-Liberal movement and the Neo-Conservative movement combining into a Neo-Statist movement? Can't we just kill the Neo's like in the Matrix? ;)

Fox McCloud
07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm wondering if this is all by design--Obama flip-flops, but it's still a close race with McCain ultimately winning by a very slim margin. McCain takes office and wears and pumps up the conservative title as much as he can while carrying on Bush's failed policies...at the end of 4 years, dunno if he'll get elected again or not, but ultimately, by the time it's ALL said and done, the Republican party will be wiped out in the US, and all the Ron Paul Republicans will have a smaller chance of getting elected because of the sigma of the Republican party.

We may need some Ron Paul Democrats as well....Larry McDonald comes to mind.

Andrew-Austin
07-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm wondering if this is all by design--Obama flip-flops, but it's still a close race with McCain ultimately winning by a very slim margin. McCain takes office and wears and pumps up the conservative title as much as he can while carrying on Bush's failed policies...at the end of 4 years, dunno if he'll get elected again or not, but ultimately, by the time it's ALL said and done, the Republican party will be wiped out in the US, and all the Ron Paul Republicans will have a smaller chance of getting elected because of the sigma of the Republican party.

No its not done by design aiming towards that outcome. Have you forgotten how utterly bat fuck insane McCain is? Obama still has a TON of flip flopping to do to fall below McCain's level. The elite who run things behind the scenes, have no need to "completely wipe out" the Republican party, its pretty weak as it is. The scenario you paint seems far less likely then the democrats being awarded the election, when considering just about everything.

constituent
07-17-2008, 05:56 PM

lol, what did the color fool you too?

electronicmaji
07-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Anyways, most people don't give a fuck about FISA; and those who do are for it; so it will probably just help him....

He's courting the moderate vote. Simple as that.

The_Orlonater
07-17-2008, 06:29 PM
If this is true, great! :D

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
07-17-2008, 06:41 PM

American movements in the past have always been bipartisan. Don't think for one moment that any agenda from these small parties will last in their intimacy when we get a new party established to oppose that which will be left over from the wrecked two party system we have now. It will all get chopped up to little pieces into a big lukewarm compromise that no one likes. But that is the way life is. Extremism takes a back seat in American politics much to the chagrin of the grumpy Europeans.

AmericaFyeah92
07-17-2008, 08:55 PM
lol, what did the color fool you too?

i never liked Obama or considered supporting him, but i did use to think he was somewhat different than the rest

ladyjade3
07-17-2008, 09:00 PM
And this Afghanistan stuff really takes the cake. Obama is supposed to be the peace candidate.

It's like they build up this cult of personality and then they feel its solidified, they think they can take that cult in any which direction they choose, even turning peace-niks into warmongering because Obama says so?

Well, it worked for Bush so I can see why they think its possible. But these people watch too much Jay-walking. Some of us are pretty stupid and gullible, I'll grant you that. But the ring is not that far jammed up our nose.

Good luck with that.

pacelli
07-17-2008, 09:11 PM
If this is true, great! :D

Why is it great exactly? Unless people are aware of a third party candidate like Barr or Baldwin, it only makes McStain's chances better for beating obomb-us.

AmericaFyeah92
07-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Why is it great exactly? Unless people are aware of a third party candidate like Barr or Baldwin, it only makes McStain's chances better for beating obomb-us.

because disillusionment with both candidates is a very good thing for the Liberty movement. Yes, one of them will win, but the masses will no longer look to big-government leaders as Messiahs

tonesforjonesbones
07-17-2008, 09:55 PM
There are people who refuse to speak against the guy. Ridiculous. Go look at Larry Sinclair's blog. He is going to court against the Obama Campaign for harassment on August 11..under death threats. Somethin fishy is goin on with that guy...and there is a huge cover up. Even Fox won't bite. tones

electronicmaji
07-17-2008, 09:59 PM
If you think any Republican is gonna win the 2008 election after the Bush debacle you are sorely, sorely mistaken.

Mongoose470
07-17-2008, 10:44 PM
And this Afghanistan stuff really takes the cake. Obama is supposed to be the peace candidate.

It's like they build up this cult of personality and then they feel its solidified, they think they can take that cult in any which direction they choose, even turning peace-niks into warmongering because Obama says so?

Well, it worked for Bush so I can see why they think its possible. But these people watch too much Jay-walking. Some of us are pretty stupid and gullible, I'll grant you that. But the ring is not that far jammed up our nose.

Good luck with that.

Why do you hate blacks? :)

I forced myself to listen to BS-NBC, the Foxnews of The Left. Of course they gave a blanket condemnation of the FISA bill, Bush, Republicans, the Democrat cave-in and rightly so. No problem.

They acknowledged Obama's flip flop, and continued to shamelessly propagandize him for President and defending him at every turn. Hell Keith Olbermann basically said that no matter how Obama voted on FISA, Obama would be right in doing so.

I guess we now know who signs the check of that hack.

Monolithic
07-17-2008, 10:50 PM
There are people who refuse to speak against the guy. Ridiculous. Go look at Larry Sinclair's blog. He is going to court against the Obama Campaign for harassment on August 11..under death threats. Somethin fishy is goin on with that guy...and there is a huge cover up. Even Fox won't bite. tones

larry sinclair is that crazy person right?

he was having a "meeting" talking about he had gay sex with obama and did coke with him, and then it turned out he had an arrest warrant for something in colorado

and his lawyer came and he wasn't wearing pants and his lawyer said it was because he was too big

angelatc
07-17-2008, 11:19 PM

He actually didn't sacrifice anything. People just saw what they wanted to see.

Now people are starting to realize that he's a mere politician, nothing more. Actually, being a Chicago politician probably makes him something less

Danke
07-17-2008, 11:41 PM
He actually didn't sacrifice anything. People just saw what they wanted to see.

Now people are starting to realize that he's a mere politician, nothing more. Actually, being a Chicago politician probably makes him something less

Wasn't he obvious to anyone all along?

Kludge
07-18-2008, 02:02 AM
If you think any Republican is gonna win the 2008 election after the Bush debacle you are sorely, sorely mistaken.

Going to keep intellectually raping us?

I don't think I can handle it anymore. Ahhhhh!

electronicmaji
07-18-2008, 02:11 AM
Going to keep intellectually raping us?

I don't think I can handle it anymore. Ahhhhh!

this isn't a intellectual battle; its a fact battle.

Kludge
07-18-2008, 02:15 AM

So you're factually raping us? :(

Liberty Star
07-26-2008, 12:59 PM
I actually just read a Time Editorial that criticized people for feeling disgruntled about Obama's flip-flopping. It said something like "moving to the center at the beginning of a general election is the natural political process, and complaining about it is childish." What a load of bullshit. The fucking nerve of these op-ed writers. They're just like the ones who said conservatives were obligated to vote McCain.

Yep and a damaged brand. That Time editorial is BS.

Yea and everyone is entitled to their own 'facts' err opinions.

If 'facts' were as clear as your view seems to suggest, there won't be need for many of the debates we engage in. One man's 'facts' are other man's flawed perceptions or vice versa and so on.

libertarian4321
07-29-2008, 12:06 AM

McCain's list of "flip flops" is actually longer than Obama's- they are both BAD candidates (and as a special bonus, McCain is a first class jerk as well).

Mongoose470
07-30-2008, 04:55 PM
McCain's list of "flip flops" is actually longer than Obama's- they are both BAD candidates (and as a special bonus, McCain is a first class jerk as well).

McCain is a hotheaded reactionary. He's the last person you want to hand the "football" to.