PDA

View Full Version : CFL & Republican Party Connection

raystone
07-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Ron Paul has told us in the past we should work within the Republican party (as well as outside) to affect change.

To what extent will the CFL's tactical activities promote Republican membership, candidates, and other involvement ?

I'm trying to decide whether to stay in local GOP and try to become Chair next spring, or drop out and fight the neocons unabashedly.

All RNC delegates and alternates will receive complimentary tickets to “The Rally for the Republic.”

....Don, a CFL rally organizer.

brandon
07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Stay in the GOP and become a chair. It's our best option at this time. Play nice, and vote out the neocons first chance you get.

acptulsa
07-17-2008, 11:17 AM
To what extent will the CFL's tactical activities promote Republican membership, candidates, and other involvement ?

Probably to the extent that either the G.O.P. bends to our will, or to the extent that true conservatives get mad, get active and bend it to the will of the people.

constituent
07-17-2008, 11:33 AM
i believe they are (wisely) taking a chapter from the history of Chairman Mao who realized that the real power centers were at the local level, and that by controlling the figureheads at the near-precinct level, a permanent consensus could be built and readily enforced supporting "dear leader (so to speak)"

allegedly, these rally squad leaders are getting together the day before the grassroots convention in st. paul for their orders.

acroso
07-17-2008, 11:51 AM
We could write succession into our official state platforms (would be fund to make some heads turn.)

MRoCkEd
07-17-2008, 12:22 PM
i believe they are (wisely) taking a chapter from the history of Chairman Mao who realized that the real power centers were at the local level, and that by controlling the figureheads at the near-precinct level, a permanent consensus could be built and readily enforced supporting "dear leader (so to speak)"

allegedly, these rally squad leaders are getting together the day before the grassroots convention in st. paul for their orders.
sounds good if true

ItsTime
07-17-2008, 12:26 PM
stay in your gop. it really is the only way. the christian right took over by staying in the gop. we can do the same.

constituent
07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
sounds good if true

indeed. excellent.

i can't wait to hear about some ZOMG political uber-genius who came up w/ such a revolutionary strategy...

"something big" indeed.

Carole
07-17-2008, 02:10 PM
We could write succession into our official state platforms (would be fund to make some heads turn.)
Succeed to what? Do you mean secession?