PDA

View Full Version : Keep your friends close, keep your enemy closer!

Joseph Hart
07-17-2008, 12:48 AM
http://www.masonicplanet.com/forum/

Mini-Me
07-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Honestly, nobody outside of high-level masonry rightly knows - all anybody can do is speculate. There's a good chance they're just an overly ritualistic fraternity, there's a chance their leadership has a hidden agenda that's detrimental to freedom, and there's a chance that their leadership nowadays is just a bunch of schmucks operating some kind of pyramid-esque scheme (except one related to influence and favors rather than money). ;)

I feel like unless a verifiable high-level mason comes out and spills all (and seems to be telling the truth), we'll never really know...and studying them in-depth may be a waste of time. Still, I agree with John F. Kennedy, at least for the purposes of who should be allowed to hold public office, that secret societies are an affront to an open and free society. Secret oaths and everything carry the danger of divided loyalties, so I definitely have a problem with their members holding public office. Sure, some great men like Benjamin Franklin were masons back during the revolutionary era, but at the time, you practically had to be if you wanted to be a successful businessperson (from what I remember - correct me if my facts are wrong).