PDA

View Full Version : Official count is in: a "shload" of patriots (and props to cops)

Oyate
07-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I am authorized by various government agencies to inform you that a "shload" of us were at the rally and on the march.

Of course for you statisticians, you know this is not interval type data, but ordinal. It may or may not satisfy your curiosity to know that the ordination below "shload" is "mother-truckin-heap-o-folks" and the level above is "national emergency".

Tired of lies and conjecture? OK, I'll hit you with some truth. The officers of Capitol Hill Police wish to extend their thanks to you, yes you, for leaving the grounds in good order and cleaning up after ourselves. We demonstrated responsible use of our common property.

For my part and on behalf of the marshal team, we extend warm thanks to National Parks Service Police, to DC Metro Police and especially Capitol Hill Police for their professionalism, for their dedication and for assisting us to uphold Constitutional values. For our almost first mass mobilization as a movement, I'd call that getting started on the right foot. You are our brothers and sisters in uniform. And it just felt right that we were on the same team that day.

It's just a small demonstration of the way things are supposed to work.

To the movement, again, DC Capitol Hill Police have said that I can tell you they appreciate the way we left the property. We cleaned up after ourselves, we showed respect to our fellow Americans.

I knew I could count on you people. Never had a doubt in my mind. Bestest people in the universe. Props to Patriots and DC cops.

Oyate
07-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Let your shield lie light on your chest for one day officer. 10,000 American Patriots thank you and uphold you. Look in the mirror one day when you put on that uniform and see 10,000 American people smiling back at you. There should be at least one of us smiling back at you for every day of the rest of your life.

We thank you officers. I thank you. I know you were monitoring our radio frequencies and am thankful for that too. As R3VOlUTION Marshals, we're just a cross between the Boyscouts and parking attendants. But for what it's worth, it was great to have the opportunity to work with you folks. It was a fine day and I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

With most sincere love,

Oyate, March Logistical Officer, R3VOlUTION March.

Susan Wolfe
07-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi Oyate! Just wanted to let you know your Marshals did a FINE job! They kept kicking me out! lol Of course, that just gave me the chance to show them my All Access badge, which Dr. Paul signed for me! haha

You guys did great, I truly appreciate you being there. And, the law enforcement officers who were there gave no indication that they were there for anything more than keeping the peace, which of course, is why we were there, so we were truly all working together that day!

Thanks to them as well.

Susan

Danke
07-17-2008, 12:08 AM
//

rampanthog
07-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I also spoke to numerous Police Officers that day and most definitely came away with the impression that many of them actually stood with us in their hearts. One told me, "we have to study the Constitution at the Academy and we are well aware what it tells us".

My guess is that they RARELY have Rallies or Demonstrations on Capitol Hill in which they stand at attention with hats/caps off and hands over their hearts. (Which they must do whenever the National Anthem is played).

I think the number of law enforcement and active military who stand with us is far greater than we are aware. The active duty military would face court marshall if they expressed such truths as Adam or one particular D.C. Capitol Police Officer I spoke with.

ronpaulhawaii
07-17-2008, 09:22 AM
The cops were pretty cool for the most part. The one that visited us at the fed protest was especially so. Drove up right in front and got out in light swat gear. Everyone was kinda, "uh-oh". He walked right past smiling, talked to the gaurds for a minute or so, then came to talk with us. People kinda crowded him as he read our lit and talked with us, he answered our questions helpfully and took our good-natured ribbing with style.

There were other comments that have me considering the positive image we created, in the eyes of the various policing agencies, and how far-reaching that can be.

RP supporters are the best :D

Conza88
07-17-2008, 07:01 PM
:D love the stories.. keep em coming!

AxXiom
07-17-2008, 08:28 PM
One of our crew who had a moment to observe said that they really seemed to be enjoying the speakers and especially paid attention to what Adam was saying.

I wonder what they thought of Officer McLamb?

AxXiom