PDA

View Full Version : Good Way To Get More Signed Up To CFL

mport1
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
I was watching this YouTube video of Thomas Woods from the rally and it has www.CampaignforLiberty.com at the bottom of the video for the whole time, a great idea. If everybody who makes YouTube videos did this it would really help in getting the word out and getting more signups since collectively these videos get thousands and thousands of views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2waSE8SRGLw&eurl=http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/

ItsTime
07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
make a website worth going to? dont get me wrong I love the idea... but 4 million... lets do something better

they still dont even have their seo for the blog posts right yet...

mport1
07-17-2008, 06:13 AM
make a website worth going to? dont get me wrong I love the idea... but 4 million... lets do something better

they still dont even have their seo for the blog posts right yet...

Yeah, that would definitely help but apparently they are waiting until September for this.

ScottA
07-17-2008, 09:09 AM
How about a Sign up BOMB? All current members agree to get 3 new people in one day.

He could be over 250k in one BOMB day.

SnappleLlama
07-17-2008, 09:15 AM
How about buying a TV ticker ad on CNN and have it played during the GOP convention in September?

mport1
07-17-2008, 09:16 AM
How about a Sign up BOMB? All current members agree to get 3 new people in one day.

He could be over 250k in one BOMB day.

Thats a really great idea too.

fr33domfightr
07-17-2008, 09:20 AM
How about buying a TV ticker ad on CNN and have it played during the GOP convention in September?

Hey, I like that idea!!

What about something simple as well. How about everyone include the url in their email sig?? It could look like, "Got Freedom? Join the Campaign For Liberty to improve yours, www.campaignforliberty.com".

FF

ItsTime
07-17-2008, 09:21 AM

is that possible? but in theory they should be running a free one on updates from the CFL rally... but we all know how that goes.

Jason726
07-17-2008, 09:24 AM
I was just thinking about this and was about to make a post. I was going to say in the post that every member needs to try and get one person signed up. Lets say that about half of them will only get it done, and, with that, we should easily make the goal. Regardless of what we come up with, we need to get some promotion behind whatever figure out in this thread.

ItsTime
07-17-2008, 09:26 AM
I am still waiting to see how closely BTM will be working with CFL and if BTM will have access to the 70,000 email list. I already worked for free for BTM once, I will not do that again.

SnappleLlama
07-17-2008, 09:27 AM
If anyone wants to contact CNN, here's a link to their advertising page:

http://www.cnnmediainfo.com/

I'm shuddering to think how much this would cost, though :(

ItsTime
07-17-2008, 09:31 AM
maybe local ad buys during the convention? target a few major cities just a thought.

SnappleLlama
07-17-2008, 09:34 AM
maybe local ad buys during the convention? target a few major cities just a thought.

That's a good idea...the usual large cities, like NYC, LA, SF, Philly, Chicago, etc...

If this idea does gain momentum, I'm anticipating a chip-in, though I wouldn't want it to cause any problems with the Operation St. Paul project, which is raising $$$ for billboard advertising.

RCA
07-17-2008, 09:44 AM
I am still waiting to see how closely BTM will be working with CFL and if BTM will have access to the 70,000 email list. I already worked for free for BTM once, I will not do that again.

Please explain.

constituent
07-17-2008, 09:50 AM
by offering something? (crazy idea, i know)

by building real cred. with the GR? (gasp... even worse)

by announcing a "something" secret, and actually delivering on the hype? (we'll see)

they seem to be struggling under the fallacy that they're not seeing the growth they want at the rates they want
b/c .... well... they're not sure, but it's certainly all "our" fault, our failure to deliver for them and what not.

qh4dotcom
07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't think that 70,000+ number is accurate...there are people and spammers signing up multiple times, people signing up for the hell of it with no intention of reading e-mails or visiting the website again, etc.

mport1
07-17-2008, 11:35 AM
I don't think that 70,000+ number is accurate...there are people and spammers signing up multiple times, people signing up for the hell of it with no intention of reading e-mails or visiting the website again, etc.

You are probably right about that. I'd say the large majority of those signed up won't be very active and that some people are signing up multiple times.

To reiterate the first point though. Ron Paul YouTube videos collectively get many thousands of views. An extremely simple thing like putting the website address at the bottom of every video and in the description would likely get a ton more people to sign up.

mport1
07-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Also, everybody with a blog, website, myspace or whatever should remember the flash buttons and signup forms that the CFL has put out - http://www.campaignforliberty.com/community/

fr33domfightr
07-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Button code entered. Did not work.

fr33domfightr
07-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I tried to posting the flash code in this window, but it wouldn't work. I guess html has to be turned on. You might consider putting those in your emails as well.

FF

MRoCkEd
07-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Why not add liberty minded people you know on there yourself?
family, friends, etc

nelsonwinters
07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
I.O.U.S.A. (with Ron Paul) is having a limited release on Aug 22. Seems like a good opportunity to pass our CFL flyers.

kigol
07-17-2008, 05:07 PM
yup :D