PDA

View Full Version : What'r you going to do?

cska80
07-16-2008, 04:20 PM
If the election was today with the polls as they are and the candidates as they are, who would you vote for?

Kludge
07-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Puhleeease....

MRoCkEd
07-16-2008, 04:21 PM
include all candidates

Kludge
07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
You hear that???

It's the sound of my awesome pol (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=145732)l pwning your not-awesome poll.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
I'd vote for Bob Barr :D

mport1
07-16-2008, 04:27 PM
include all candidates

Ditto, plus write in Ron Paul and other.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Why are these always kept secret? I really WANT to know who the guy voting for Mccain is. jesus ha

cska80
07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Well if you read it clearly it said...AS THE POLLS/CANDIDATES are today. Clearly, unless you're under some sort of mental disorder, none of the candidates in your poll stand a chance...IF THE ELECTIONS WERE TODAY. If you like wasting your vote, then ok...but the point of my poll wasn't to see who was going to waste their vote. I'm voting for McCain for fear of Obama IF THE POLL WERE HELD TODAY. I'm not delusional and thinking a Ron Paul write in or a Bob Barr vote, TODAY, would be too smart. Maybe if Barr puts on a great campaign, or something changes and RP were to get back in I'd vote differently. But, TODAY, as things stand, I'd vote McCain.

Kludge
07-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Well if you read it clearly it said...AS THE POLLS/CANDIDATES are today. Clearly, unless you're under some sort of mental disorder, none of the candidates in your poll stand a chance... *snip* Maybe if Barr puts on a great campaign, or something changes and RP were to get back in I'd vote differently. But, TODAY, as things stand, I'd vote McCain.

:rolleyes: It's a false dichotomy. Some people actually vote on principle, as proven in.... my awesome poll (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=145732), not to be pimping it or anything ;)

Not including all options that will be available will yield inaccurate results, and not including the CP is just asking to be bashed here.

cska80
07-16-2008, 04:35 PM
It was a simple poll to see if anyone would vote today for McCain for the same reasons I would...TODAY, not 3 months from now. I don't know what's going to happen in 3 months and none of you do. Damn, you guys are way too touchy and serious.

JosephTheLibertarian
Well if you read it clearly it said...AS THE POLLS/CANDIDATES are today. Clearly, unless you're under some sort of mental disorder, none of the candidates in your poll stand a chance...IF THE ELECTIONS WERE TODAY. If you like wasting your vote, then ok...but the point of my poll wasn't to see who was going to waste their vote. I'm voting for McCain for fear of Obama IF THE POLL WERE HELD TODAY. I'm not delusional and thinking a Ron Paul write in or a Bob Barr vote, TODAY, would be too smart. Maybe if Barr puts on a great campaign, or something changes and RP were to get back in I'd vote differently. But, TODAY, as things stand, I'd vote McCain.

Why vote for a candidate you don't believe in? That's ignorant.

Kludge
Damn, you guys are way too touchy and serious.

:rolleyes:

cska80
07-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Why vote for a candidate you don't believe in? That's ignorant.

I believe in voting on principle. Then again, when someone says they'd like to start some sort of citizens national security unit with the same funding as the military, the same guy who is anti-gun, I'd rather vote for the lesser of two evils than a new Hitler.

But, then AGAIN! There are a lot of Obama trolls on these forums nowadays so I don't expect anyone to see him as the threat that he really is to this country.

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
I believe in voting on principle. Then again, when someone says they'd like to start some sort of citizens national security unit with the same funding as the military, the same guy who is anti-gun, I'd rather vote for the lesser of two evils than a new Hitler.

But, then AGAIN! There are a lot of Obama trolls on these forums nowadays so I don't expect anyone to see him as the threat that he really is to this country.

It's hard to see Obama as a greater threat when McCain is openly preaching a ten thousand year war. I don't think either candidate is really a potential Hitler or anything though. More likely, they're just heirs in the long line of sideshow leaders slowly strangling our country through bad economics and an aggressive foreign policy.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
07-16-2008, 08:40 PM
So, if Barr "puts on a great campaign", then you'd vote for him? Well, McCain is putting on a very uninspiring campaign, does that mean you'll not vote for him?

Vote for who you want to win, not who is likely. Hell, McCain is down in all polls, RCP avg 7%, so he can't win, better jump to Barr, maybe he can, if all the McCain people switch to him...

HenryKnoxFineBooks
07-16-2008, 08:42 PM

McCain would cross the aisle to work with a new Hitler. He could add him to his list:

McCain-Kennedy
McCain-Feingold
McCain-Leiberman
McCain-Hitler

pacelli
07-16-2008, 08:52 PM
i'm voting for mccain

i'm not delusional

i'd vote mccain.

You're not delusional, but McStain is. Enjoy the country that you will have helped to destroy. Whatever happened to voting your principles?

libertarian4321
07-18-2008, 10:19 PM
But, TODAY, as things stand, I'd vote McCain.

Damn it, who keeps letting these neocon trolls on the forum?

This clown just made me vomit and ruined my keyboard.

Excuse me, I have to go brush my teeth and gargle...

libertarian4321
07-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Vote for who you want to win, not who is likely. Hell, McCain is down in all polls, RCP avg 7%, so he can't win, better jump to Barr, maybe he can, if all the McCain people switch to him...

McCain is going to get pounded in November- so there is absolutely no reason for anyone to vote for him unless they like the idea of having a senile old neocon fool for President. If thats what you want, vote for McCain.

I'm not thrilled with any of the candidates, but I'd rather shoot myself in the nuts than vote for McWar...