PDA

View Full Version : Press needed for Heller registering handgun tomorrow

Bradley in DC
07-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Dick Heller will be at 300 Indiana Ave NW in DC at 7 am, Thursday, July 17th, to register his handgun.

He is the one who spoke after Ron Paul at the Rally on Saturday and the one who got the US Supreme Court to overturn the DC handgun ban.

While I apologize for the late notice, we tried to arrange some other things that didn't work. I'm asking everyone to call their favorite press outlets and ask them if they'll be covering this historic event.

Thanks!!!!

Bradley in DC
07-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Heller Bio

Dick Anthony Heller was born in San Diego, California 66 years ago. He graduated from Manteca High School in California and immediately joined the Army at age 17 as a Paratrooper in the 101st Airborne division, and later was a SkyDiver at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. He came to Washington DC at 20 years old with his parents had military jobs here.
Before becoming and armed “special police officer” here in Washington, DC, Heller had worked his way through college and earned an engineering degree.

A Capitol Hill resident for over 30 years, he lived across the street from the then crime-ridden Kentucky Courts housing complex. Heller witnessed firsthand the effects of the failures of the lack of job training and academics in the DC public school system.

Since Heller believes that individuals are accountable for their own behavior and that the DC public school system was failing its kids, he decided he needed to put his philosophy into practice.

Heller founded the "Children's Birthright Trust Fund" charity in 1984. Through that charity, Heller himself also taught entrepreneur classes in DC public schools and housing projects after school to impressively ambitious youths to give them the skills to start their own businesses and succeed in life. They also gave away computers to youth charities under the name "Computer Cadets."

He married in his wife Jane in 2006.

Was the final plaintiff with "proper standing" in the HELLER vs. D.C. gun case.

Heller has been the treasurer of the Libertarian Party of D.C. since July 2004 and has been a Ron Paul supporter for a long time--including both of his presidential bids first as a Libertarian and then as a Republican.

RideTheDirt
07-16-2008, 05:05 PM
He's from SD! I did not know that. That is great, now I can tell the locals we have something to be proud of :D