PDA

View Full Version : A Quote to Lift your Spirits

paulaholic
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
The following is a quote from Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), and it absolutely made my day.

"The real [Mitt] Romney is clearly an extraordinarily ambitious man with no perceivable political principle whatsover. He is the most intellectually dishonest human being in the history of politics."

Mr. Frank is now my 2nd favorite Congressman. :)

richard1984
08-28-2007, 09:47 PM
The following is a quote from Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), and it absolutely made my day.

"The real [Mitt] Romney is clearly an extraordinarily ambitious man with no perceivable political principle whatsover. He is the most intellectually dishonest human being in the history of politics."

Wow. That's pretty damn harsh.
That would be a difficult claim to fully defend (especially the last scentence). There are just soooo many bad ones....

Chester Copperpot
08-28-2007, 09:48 PM

Barney Frank is also one of the few politicians who chair the house bank committee who shares Ron Pauls disdain for the federal reserve... He gets into it with the fed chairman too because he knows what a con they are.. The other politicians though. well.. Like paul said 'some of these guys think the dollar is still backed by gold.. and they sit on the house banking committee."

richard1984
08-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Barney Frank is also one of the few politicians who chair the house bank committee who shares Ron Pauls disdain for the federal reserve... He gets into it with the fed chairman too because he knows what a con they are.. The other politicians though. well.. Like paul said 'some of these guys think the dollar is still backed by gold.. and they sit on the house banking committee."

Awesome! That definitely improves the weight of his statement.

It's interesting that a Democrat is against the Federal Reserve....

Original_Intent
08-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Awesome! That definitely improves the weight of his statement.

It's interesting that a Democrat is against the Federal Reserve....

Don't be deceived by party labels. By and large they are both the enemy (both parties that is), and both parties have a few decent, principled, and well-intentioned people.

The vast majority of them either sold their soul a long time ago, or are useful idiots. Watching the last congressional hearing of the banking committee made it clear to me that 95% of the people on this forum have a better grasp of the role of the federal reserve and fiscal policy than almost anyone on the banking committee excepting RP and BF. Wow, I just realized his initials are BF, that's kinda funny considering....:rolleyes: for those of you who don't get it, don't ask, because you probably don't want to know..:eek:

Hook
08-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Another funny thing is Bernanke's full name is Ben Shalom Bernanke. That would make him B.S. Bernanke.
I'm not making this up! :)

mdh
08-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Another funny thing is Bernanke's full name is Ben Shalom Bernanke. That would make him B.S. Bernanke.
I'm not making this up! :)

LOL