PDA

View Full Version : Obama - United States has 57 (+2?) States? WTF?!??!?

DamianTV
07-16-2008, 12:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

:lol:

KCandler
07-16-2008, 11:23 PM
The sad thing is, I showed this to my mother today and she didn't understand why I showed it to her. I then had to repeat that "he said there were 57 states... and then another 2. Plus, I don't think he's even counting Alaska and Hawaii". She still didn't get it... thats when I realized the problem and I asked her:
Me: "How many states are there?"
Her: "I have no idea!"
Me: "Are you serious...?"
Her: "You know I'm not good with history stuff"
Me: "It's not history, it's present!"

So yeah... point is, for some reason he screwed up. It may be that he is an idiot, crack head, or he was just tired and got confused (see: idiot). The problem is that it will be swept under the rug and no one besides us will think anything of it... more than likely because no one else knows how many states are in the union and will hear Obama and go on thinking there are 59... as a geography major, history minor... it upsets me slightly.

ChickenHawk
07-16-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant to say 47. As much as I can't stand Obama I'm sure he knows how many states there are.

supaco0p05
07-17-2008, 01:47 AM
asked the same question to a female friend of mine, who is brainwashed by the whole "change we can believe in" thing... her response "the extra 8 states must be territories". God help us!

Roxi
07-17-2008, 01:57 AM
maybe in a sense he wasn't wrong, we have caucuses and primaries affecting our election from all sorts of places, i don't remember the list but it was quite a few... might add up to 57?

DamianTV
07-17-2008, 02:04 AM
My post was really intended as a joke. Im sure he is not that dumb and although I dont like the guy, I gotta give him credit for probably running on two hours of sleep for months on end. Now when RP questioned McCain on "would you get rid of the traitorous bastards you call advisors" and he replied by naming the traitorous bastards, thats a whole different story.

Time for Change
07-17-2008, 03:47 AM
There are 57 muslim countries...