PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Barr to speak at St. Paul rally...?

svf
07-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Spotted this today over at the Barr Blog...

http://blog.bobbarr2008.com/2008/07/15/why-is-the-media-ignoring-barr/#comment-2799

Mickey Bennett Says:

July 16th, 2008 at 11:00 am
Hector,

Bob Barr had a prior commitment in LV on the same day as the DC rally. Rumor has it that he will speak at the rally in St. Paul.

so... any truth to this...?

If Barr is there that would be awesome -- attract more media etc.

dcbpe
07-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Spotted this today over at the Barr Blog...

http://blog.bobbarr2008.com/2008/07/15/why-is-the-media-ignoring-barr/#comment-2799

so... any truth to this...?

If Barr is there that would be awesome -- attract more media etc.

Why would Barr attend? Ron is obviously partial to...although not explicitly endorsing...Baldwin. But even then, the "Rally for the Republic" is a GOP event, evidenced by the GOP elephant on the graphic opposite the C4L graphic.

I do wish they would take the elephant off!

What I'm wondering is when will Pat Buchanan step up to the friggin' plate. We've got Tucker Carlson MCing this thing...Pat needs to lend his overt support to. He obviously supports Ron and has for a long time now. It's time for him to stop hiding that on his website and talk about Ron while he's pundit-ificating on MSNBC.

muzzled dogg
07-17-2008, 08:38 PM
We've got Tucker Carlson MCing this thing

we do???

tonesforjonesbones
07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Ron Paul is not "obviously" partial to Chuck Baldwin. Where did you get that? He just said on tv the other day he had not ruled out voting for Bob Barr and he would make an announcement along those lines in September...tones

muzzled dogg
07-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Ron Paul is not "obviously" partial to Chuck Baldwin. Where did you get that?

in dc on 12 july 2008

Danke
07-17-2008, 10:48 PM
in dc on 12 july 2008

Wasn't the quote from Tones after the 12th? Just because Chuck Baldwin was a speaker, doesn't mean RP endorsed him.

muzzled dogg
07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Wasn't the quote from Tones after the 12th? Just because Chuck Baldwin was a speaker, doesn't mean RP endorsed him.

i thought we were talking about being partial

and plus he was all up in what rp said in his speech

ARealConservative
07-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Why would Barr attend? Ron is obviously partial to...although not explicitly endorsing...Baldwin.

Pure nonsense.

Ron Paul singled Barr out in the Manifesto as being one of the few good guys in politics.

tonesforjonesbones
07-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Ron Paul did not coordinate that DC March. He didn't decide who spoke and who didn't. Barr was invited to speak but had a prior commitment on that day. Ron Paul has never said he favors one over the other. People hear what they want to hear. I guess he will make that clear in September...so far he's made no committments ..officially or implied. He has said nice things about Barr and Baldwin. I suspect, and this may be my wishful thinking, that he will endorse Barr..because the CP can't seem to get on the ballots..although, Ron Paul may not care about that at all. We wait and hear what he says in SEptember I guess. TONES

MRoCkEd
07-18-2008, 10:44 AM
I thought he can't endorse anyone outside of the republicans due to party rules

tonesforjonesbones
07-18-2008, 10:52 AM
I thought so too because someone posted an article about it..who knows? It's hard to sort out what is fact and fiction these days lol...tones

dcbpe
07-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Well, I seem to be a few days behind....

Like shemdogg, I inferred from Baldwin's presence in DC (and the fact that he campaigned for RP) that there was at least some simpatico between the two men. I did clearly state my knowledge that RP hasn't officially endorsed Baldwin.

That RP mentions Barr in the Manifesto is even shakier ground for an endorsement than what I originally typed.

Seeing the reception Baldwin got (which RP was "in the house" for) in DC, and noting a definite lack of presence from Barr supporters, I would be left wondering why RP would endorse anyone but Baldwin.

Of course, Barr will be on more ballots as tones said, so perhaps that ends up being the determining factor, if there is even an endorsement for anyone forthcoming. Frankly, I’m not sold on either of them, and here in Jersey they don’t throw out write in votes, so I may still be writing in RP in November. When you consider that Jersey will go for Obama, my vote is meaningless beyond being a form of protest.

As for Tucker Carlson MCing the event…I did receive an email to that effect, and I think it was from C4L. Unfortunately, I receive so many emails from so many RP sites I get a little lost sometimes…but I’m 99% sure Tucker Carlson will be Mcing the Rally. Can someone please correct me if I’m wrong? I’d be glad to be wrong, I was never a fan of that bowtied Alex P. Keaton wannabe.

As for the endorsement rule posited by MRoCkEd, I thought the same thing. I also think…and I’ll admit it’s wishful thinking…that RP wouldn’t be putting together such a big show for September if he was planning to give a damn (anymore) about GOP rules.

I don’t know what he’s planning, but I know that I will be there to hear it for myself.

yoshimaroka
07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
MCing will be by either Tucker or Curry

dcbpe
07-21-2008, 09:42 PM
MCing will be by either Tucker or Curry

Curry?

yoshimaroka
07-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Curry?

read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_curry

and then checkout his latest podcast, he mentions the Rally for the Republic.

here's his video endorsement from last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9WMdFhRAQM&eurl