PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Senate candidate has good chance of winning

brandon
07-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I have not seen much talk about Bob Conley around here. He is a Ron Paul democrat who already won his primary for the SC senate race. It looks like we may still get a senator after all. If he wins it would have the added bonus of stripping even more power from the GOP, making a takeover even easier.

Here is a good article about his chances...

http://www.takimag.com/blogs/article/a_ron_paul_democrat/%27

sratiug
07-16-2008, 10:32 AM
nice

MRoCkEd
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
sabrin...lost
ventura...decided not to run

now we've got conley... (and dean barkley)?

MikeSmith
07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Conley does have a shot now that McBride has dropped out. http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/story/521550.html

Here's how Conley's polling:
Bob Conley (D): 32
Linsey Graham (R): 54
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_SC_715.pdf

I doubt many other RP Republican/Democrat Senate or House Candidate have as much support versus their respective incumbents.

Even so, it doesn't look extremely great at this point, but Obama could drive up Democratic voter registration considerably, and maybe more conservatives will come around to Conley once they learn of his positions. Also, the combination of Barr (5%) and Obama's (39%) poll numbers are 1 percentage point away from McCain's (45%), so there is hope.

Kotin
07-16-2008, 11:25 AM
He is our Senate Candidate now and I wish we would treat him as much..

think about what we would have done for Murray Sabrin if he had won his primary....?

we need to show this guy some love and start a money bomb and other efforts to help him.

No1ButPaul08
07-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Even so, it doesn't look extremely great at this point, but Obama could drive up Democratic voter registration considerably, and maybe more conservatives will come around to Conley once they learn of his positions. Also, the combination of Barr (5%) and Obama's (39%) poll numbers are 1 percentage point away from McCain's (45%), so there is hope.

Grahams 800-1 money advantage is also a huge factor. As of May 21, Conley had raised $11,000. He's won the nomination since then so I would bet he's raised a little more, but this is still a huge uphill battle

Indy4Chng
07-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Republican saying "his is too ultraconservative" vote for me. Can you say Alex in Wonderland. WOW!!

I think this is the first democrat I have ever wanted to win (in many cases I could have cared less if they won but never rooted for them).

Go Bob Go!!!

Kludge
07-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Explain to me how Conley stands out from a typical neo con/liberal?

Anti-war, anti-immigration (legal and illegal), anti-free trade, pro-subsidies.

Kotin
07-16-2008, 11:55 AM

why do I have to explain everything to you???

Kludge
07-16-2008, 11:59 AM
why do I have to explain everything to you???

Gentiles don't have the super-natural intelligence of our Goyim counterparts, I'm afraid :( ;)

Kotin
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Gentiles don't have the super-natural intelligence of our Goyim counterparts, I'm afraid :( ;)

I'm pretty sure Goyim refers to gentiles..

I say though, me and you would make a hell of a sitcom.

;)

Kludge
07-16-2008, 12:04 PM
im pretty sure Goyim refers to gentiles..

I say though, me and you would make a hell of a sitcom.

;)

Meh, you're correct. Last time I ask the jooz at johnmccainforum.com for advice...

Kotin
07-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Meh, you're correct. Last time I ask the jooz at johnmccainforum.com for advice...

yeah those jews are the same jews that steal your socks out of the dryer.

amy31416
07-16-2008, 12:09 PM

Well that explains a few things. . .

(The goyim, acch. Meshugge.)

Virginia Libertarian
07-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Where is the motivation? Is it because he is a Democrat?

We need to start pushing Conley harder than we pushed Sabrin.

We need national support/money bombs.

With a coalition of Ron Paul voters, people who were planning on voting Democratic regardless of candidate, Barr supporters, and those who actually examine the issues, we might have a possibility to win this.

Get the word out, people in SC should hit the streets, sign up for volunteering.

Kludge
07-21-2008, 11:49 AM

No one actually answered this BTW.... Give me some inspiration, eh? :p

Leadman584
07-23-2008, 02:43 AM
His opponent in the Democratic race accused him of being more Conservative than Lyndsay Graham. He bolted from the Republican party because he didn't want to be a Neo-Con shill. He is playing the 2 party system like a fiddler. SC is hardcore conservative, and he could ride Obama's coattail into office.

Which is more important a failed Barr attempt, or another lunch mate for the good Dr? I personally would enjoy a daily feast of Paul supporters on Capital Hill.

LibertyIn08
07-23-2008, 06:15 AM
His opponent in the Democratic race accused him of being more Conservative than Lyndsay Graham. He bolted from the Republican party because he didn't want to be a Neo-Con shill. He is playing the 2 party system like a fiddler. SC is hardcore conservative, and he could ride Obama's coattail into office.

Which is more important a failed Barr attempt, or another lunch mate for the good Dr? I personally would enjoy a daily feast of Paul supporters on Capital Hill.

You speak as though the two are mutually exclusive; as though us Paul supporters are only capable of supporting one candidate at the time.

I feel we must be a bit more overreaching than that.