PDA

View Full Version : GOP to penalize early primary states, including NH

cac1963
08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
The Republican National Committee plans to penalize at least four states holding early primaries, including New Hampshire and Florida, by refusing to seat at least half their delegates at the party’s national convention in 2008, a party official said Tuesday.

link (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/29/washington/29cnd-calendar.html?_r=2&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin)

Especially bad for RP, since NH is practically his already.

Chester Copperpot
08-28-2007, 09:06 PM

i read earlier that 4 states were excepted.. nh, sc, iowa, and nevada

they all have agreements with the gop

cac1963
08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
i read earlier that 4 states were excepted.. nh, sc, iowa, and nevada

they all have agreements with the gop

You have a link for that? This article says NH is willing to suffer the consequences of being the earliest primary state, even it that means losing half their delegates. Florida is likewise pretty defiant. Are they all just posturing for the public's sake?

Shink
08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
The Republican National Committee plans to penalize at least four states holding early primaries, including New Hampshire and Florida, by refusing to seat at least half their delegates at the party’s national convention in 2008, a party official said Tuesday.

link

Could it be that the RNC knows who are likely RP supporters? Is that possible? Calm my worries...

Chester Copperpot
08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
You have a link for that? This article says NH is willing to suffer the consequences of being the earliest primary state, even it that means losing half their delegates. Florida is likewise pretty defiant. Are they all just posturing for the public's sake?

I dont remember where I read it from.. It may be possible I was reading something concerning he democratic party? This early primary things seems to be affecting both parties;.. If I come across it ill post the link'

Sean
08-28-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't think it really matters. The early state wins aren't important for their delegates. They are important because they give the victor a bump in the polls and news coverage for the upcoming elections where there are a lot more delegates at risk.

american.swan
08-28-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't think it really matters. The early state wins aren't important for their delegates. They are important because they give the victor a bump in the polls and news coverage for the upcoming elections where there are a lot more delegates at risk.

I concur

richard1984
08-28-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't understand why they would deny votes to deligates as a penalty. That doesn't seem right at all.
Of course, I don't know very much about the process (yet--I'm learning!), but it really seems like something is wrong with this.

Dartan
08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm just happy they're only cutting it in half. The DNC cut ALL of Florida's delegates because of our early primary.

scrosnoe
08-29-2007, 09:01 PM
i suspect if we got enough people involved in the rules of the party we would find out that much of what both parties do has to do with what they get away with rather than what they are supposed to do - please get a copy of your state party rules

i cannot get my the oklahoma state party to post the party rules on the web site.
- so far . . .

dircha
08-29-2007, 09:13 PM

New Hampshire never was anything of the sort. The day of the Iowa Straw Poll, Ron Paul was still polling at 3% in New Hampshire. Romney was polling at over 30%.

I've been trying to tell people this, because this total false sense of security will be our downfall there.

Ron Paul will come in 5th in New Hampshire unless we as volunteers all work TWICE as hard as we did in Iowa.

We have no laurels to rest on. It is uphill - "upcliff" - all the way.