PDA

View Full Version : 3 'celebrities' I havn't heard mentioned

Mr. White
08-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Penn and Teller - For obvious reasons

Eugene Jareki - The director of Why We Fight. An excellent documentary on the military Industrial Complex. When I spoke with him he seemed like a very thoughtful down to earth guy.

Dear Leader VI
08-28-2007, 09:56 PM
^Recently watched Why We Fight, a phenomenal movie. Its views and findings are the best examples of Ron Paul's foreign policy views.

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Anybody have some thoughts on these 3?

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Don't know anything about them. Well, I've heard of Penn & Teller. Don't they have a Vegas act? I'm just not much of a People Magazine reader or television consumer. The only celebrity I worship is Ron Paul.

Hook
09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Penn and Teller are both senior fellows at the libertarian Cato Institute. Both are members of the LP. They have series on Showtime called "Bulshit!" that goes into some con or another each episode. One of them was on feng shui, another on the War on Drugs.

LibertyEagle
09-02-2007, 09:05 PM
John Mellencamp is a guest on Maher this week. He works on Farm Aid with Willie. Except for his thoughts about global warming, he sounds like a Ron Paul sure thing. Watch it, if you have HBO and see what you think. He clearly has Fred Thompson's number.

Mr. White
09-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Scribbler

http://sonyclassics.com/whywefight/main.html

Watch the trailer. I saw this at a film festival and spoke with the guy for a bit afterwards. It looks at Eisenhower's farewell address warning us of the very thing we ahve become.

It, like all documentaries has a few flaws, but I think it's phenomenal. I'm trying to find a means to contact Eugene at this point.

Hook
09-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Too bad Mr. Eisenhower didn't act on his own advice. Like say, not overthrowing Mossadegh in 1953.

Vvick727
09-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Penn and Teller are very critical of Christianity.

But it would be awesome if they put that one minor detail aside and endorsed Dr. Paul

ButchHowdy
09-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Penn and Teller are very critical of Christianity.

But it would be awesome if they put that one minor detail aside and endorsed Dr. Paul

Hey, I'm a Jesus lovin' scripture freak and VERY critical of Christianity or any earthly hierarchal master/sheeple relationship!