PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Most Powerful Congressman?

Throwback280s
07-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Regardless of what the official numbers were, whether it's 5k or 10k, that attended the Revolution March, step back and survey the political landscape. Can you name a single other member of the House who could bring such a grand rally to Washington DC and not have officially sponsored or put together the event? As congressmen, go this kind of pull and power is virtually unprecedented in recent memory.

I can only imagine the total envy the other congressmen have for this kind of power. I think its a sign that if Ron Paul can keep this momentum going, he is quickly becoming the most powerful congressman in the House.

Agree?

weslinder
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
I think this person might have a claim to most powerful Congresscritter:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/f/c/1/pelosi_queen_nancy.jpg

You're correct that no one else could have a rally like this, but that doesn't make Dr. Paul most powerful.

noxagol
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
I could see it happening. A lot of factors are at play though.

Throwback280s
07-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Do you think Pelosi has greater public name recognition than Ron Paul? After all those city sign bombs?

weslinder
07-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Do you think Pelosi has greater public name recognition than Ron Paul? After all those city sign bombs?

Name recognition does not equal power.

Conza88
07-15-2008, 10:37 AM
I think this person might have a claim to most powerful Congresscritter:

:confused: power over what? She doesn't give orders, she doesn't hold anyone accountable.. she's a stooge. She's an employee... a god damn puppet.

UtahApocalypse
07-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Power = NO
Strength = YES

Only congressman with the strength and guts to vote according to his oath of office, the only one to follow the governing documents of our nation, the only one that will not be bought and sold to the highest bidding lobbyist, the only on not to drop the ball just to stick with the crowd, The only who we can truly believe in.

mediahasyou
07-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Paul is a people's man.

Truth Warrior
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Morally, yes! Politically, no!

mediahasyou
07-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Paul is a people's man.

Freedom is Popular.

ronpaulhawaii
07-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Morally, yes! Politically, no!

Morton Blackwell's Laws of the Public Policy Process (http://www.leadershipinstitute.org/resources/?pageid=speeches&s=11) clearly states:

Moral outrage is the most powerful motivating force in politics

:D

yongrel
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Power? Not so much. Dedicated supporters? Hell yeah!

Truth Warrior
07-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Morton Blackwell's Laws of the Public Policy Process (http://www.leadershipinstitute.org/resources/?pageid=speeches&s=11) clearly states:

And ~534 of them are "morally" outraged by Ron. :D

ronpaulhawaii
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
And ~534 of them are "morally" outraged by Ron. :D

lol - touche

Kade
07-15-2008, 11:34 AM

Not only that... if she wanted to, she could organize a much, much bigger march.

I thought we were getting better in the "smart" department around here...

AJ Antimony
07-15-2008, 11:37 AM
From what I discern from his statements every now and then of how other people act on the Hill, it's my guess that Ron is VERY well respected. But I wouldn't say he has "power" because he never seems to influence anybody to join his side of the Constitution.

ronpaulhawaii
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Not only that... if she wanted to, she could organize a much, much bigger march.

I thought we were getting better in the "smart" department around here...

Kade, you belittle yourself with your inability to grasp reality. Perhaps Pelosi, and her special interests, could organize a march of droids and drones that is bigger, but they could never organize one that was more powerful. Quite simply, they lack the moral authority which is our strength. The bottom line is this was organized by individual citizens with no help from any of the powerful orgs that usually stage such spectacles

UtahApocalypse
07-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Kade, you belittle yourself with your inability to grasp reality. Perhaps Pelosi, and her special interests, could organize a march of droids and drones that is bigger, but they could never organize one that was more powerful. Quite simply, they lack the moral authority which is our stregnth. The bottom line is this was organized by individual citizens with no help from any of the powerful orgs that usually stage such spectacles

Hey look I found them:

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/star_wars_clone_army.jpg

ronpaulhawaii
07-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Hey look I found them:

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/star_wars_clone_army.jpg

Kade
07-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Kade, you belittle yourself with your inability to grasp reality. Perhaps Pelosi, and her special interests, could organize a march of droids and drones that is bigger, but they could never organize one that was more powerful. Quite simply, they lack the moral authority which is our strength. The bottom line is this was organized by individual citizens with no help from any of the powerful orgs that usually stage such spectacles

I only stated fact. I didn't comment about the quality of the drones that would come to that march... you're assuming too much again RPH.

Kade
07-15-2008, 12:09 PM
You folks want to be antagonistic because you hate being wrong. The herd is warm, I know, I once felt it's warm embrace.

IRO-bot
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Kade is right Pelosi could easily organize a larger march.
Could her supporters independently of any organization creat such a march? No.

No one can. We may lack number, but we outnumber their dedication to our philosopies.

Why the heck is she wearing royalty clothes? Is that a face crop?

ronpaulhawaii
07-15-2008, 12:19 PM
I only stated fact. I didn't comment about the quality of the drones that would come to that march... you're assuming too much again RPH.

Kade, comparing apples and oranges may be factual, yet not accurate. In fact, it is usually just disingenuousness

Kade
07-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Kade, comparing apples and oranges may be factual, yet not accurate. In fact, it is usually just disingenuousness

That is an awesome word! You crafty lexicraftologist you.

BarryDonegan
07-15-2008, 03:43 PM
i think ron paul has more power to actually affect things in a way which is suitable to him. pelosi is just a member of the establishment, and shares the authority which they share, over which she is entitled no influence.

jlaker
07-15-2008, 03:56 PM
:confused: power over what? She doesn't give orders, she doesn't hold anyone accountable.. she's a stooge. She's an employee... a god damn puppet.

I couldn't agree more. She makes me so mad.:mad:

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-15-2008, 03:57 PM
I would change the title of this thread to:

Ron Paul: Most Powerful Message

Then it'd be about right.

idiom
07-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Ron Paul: Only Message

wgadget
07-16-2008, 07:30 AM
"Don't you know who I AM?" ---Ron Paul

Throwback280s
07-16-2008, 08:50 AM
I fail to see how Pelosi could get 5000 individuals chanting her name in Washington DC. I think that's not squaring with reality.

Conza88
07-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I fail to see how Pelosi could get 5000 individuals chanting her name in Washington DC. I think that's not squaring with reality.

Nah, I think it could happen...

It'd be 5000 Ron Paul supporters chanting... Pelosi Sucks!... Pelosi Sucks!... Pelosi Sucks!... :D

Kade
07-16-2008, 12:04 PM

Noob. Go walk around her district. They love her.

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-16-2008, 12:42 PM
"Don't you know who I AM?" ---Ron Paul

That almost sounds like a biblical claim. :D

ronpaulhawaii
07-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Noob. Go walk around her district. They love her.

Rube. Go find some recent approval rating to back up your spurious claim. I doubt it.

Kade
07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Rube. Go find some recent approval rating to back up your spurious claim. I doubt it.

Alright chief,

http://sos.ca.gov/elections/sov/2006_general/congress.pdf

HOLLYWOOD
07-16-2008, 01:23 PM

Sure Pelosi can... She'll get funding from AIPAC, and all the other lobbying and Special Interest Organizations that pull her strings, all to protect "Their Puppet". She is getting bad press of lately, but the machine has the WEALTH backing to do ANYTHING to keep her in power as long as she keeps obliging, ah, I mean, allocating the money.

Back in her district, they love her... Lesbians, Gays, Immigrants, Fem-Nazis, Special Interest (NOW), and ELITIST/wealth.

Everyone I know with an IQ above 50 wants Cindy Sheehan to smoke her in the up and coming election. But Pelosi will prevail with the Special Interest and backed by BIG BUCKS, besides the fanatical groups that back her for "THEIR OWN FOGGED REASONS".

Pelosi could get 50,000 at the Mall, if her minions organized it and Nancy Pelosi had her Oligarchy fund it.

Kade
07-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Sure Pelosi can... She'll get funding from AIPAC, and all the other lobbying and Special Interest Organizations that pull her strings, all to protect "Their Puppet". She is getting bad press of lately, but the machine has the WEALTH backing to do ANYTHING to keep her in power as long as she keeps obliging, ah, I mean, allocating the money.

Back in her district, they love her... Lesbians, Gays, Immigrants, Fem-Nazis, Special Interest (NOW), and ELITIST/wealth.

Everyone I know with an IQ above 50 wants Cindy Sheehan to smoke her in the up and coming election. But Pelosi will prevail with the Special Interest and backed by BIG BUCKS, besides the fanatical groups that back her for "THEIR OWN FOGGED REASONS".

Pelosi could get 50,000 at the Mall, if her minions organized it and Nancy Pelosi had her Oligarchy fund it.

That's pretty much what I was saying... funny how quick people are to jump on me, regardless of the truth of the statement.

ronpaulhawaii
07-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Alright chief,

http://sos.ca.gov/elections/sov/2006_general/congress.pdf

Listen, I know I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I, specifically, asked for recent approval ratings, and that, suspiciously, looks like election results from 2006. I'll assume I was unclear, what I am looking for is for you to back up your claim that they love her. For that we need recent approval ratings to compare to this landslide victory for the democrats. Methinks they loved her electioneering more than her actual performance. In fact, I believe we will see record lows. Try again.

Kade
07-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Listen, I know I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I, specifically, asked for recent approval ratings, and that, suspiciously, looks like election results from 2006. I'll assume I was unclear, what I am looking for is for you to back up your claim that they love her. For that we need recent approval ratings to compare to this landslide victory for the democrats. Methinks they loved her electioneering more than her actual performance. In fact, I believe we will see record lows. Try again.

I suppose election results, (80%) are not as good of an indicator as polls. I do not know where to find approval ratings for her district alone, but I imagine she is relatively high still, and I still stand by my claim that she could organize a march much larger than 10,000 people.

ronpaulhawaii
07-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I suppose election results, (80%) are not as good of an indicator as polls. I do not know where to find approval ratings for her district alone, but I imagine she is relatively high still, and I still stand by my claim that she could organize a march much larger than 10,000 people.

Yes, but the apples vs oranges delusion of your claim was addressed pages ago, meanwhile you continue to post your unsubstantiated soundbites which disregard the idiocy of your claim. The bottom line is that 50,000 - paid for - droids and drones would not even approach the power we all shared on that march. Righteousness has its' advantages :D

Conza88
07-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Kade, why is you here? :)

Simple question; ... will there be a simpleton answer? :D

HOLLYWOOD
07-16-2008, 03:57 PM
That's pretty much what I was saying... funny how quick people are to jump on me, regardless of the truth of the statement.

HeHe...

Sometimes you have to "SPLAIN IT" in "I LOVE LUCY - Ricky ReCardo Lehman's terms... or by "ASSOCIATION" in your analogy/post. I enjoin using ASSOCIATIONS so people can grasp the intent and truth of the message.

Hey I guess the old saying is true... "It's not so much what you say, but HOW you say it."

;)

PS: RON PAUL's Intellect, Visibility, and Message, are skyrocketing him to the top of the House and Countrywide popularity!

Then again, when your working with "Bottom Feeder SCUM" like PELOSI, RANGEL, PENCE, etc... it's easy being on top.

Throwback280s
07-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, maybe I'm not a big follower of Sodom Francisco local politics, but I'd wager to say that none of those followers would fly over to DC just to chant her name and support her platform. There's soft support, but not actual commitment to make a movement around her. Kinda like Huckabee is kinda loved by some evangelical circles but they wouldn't spontaneously rally in that kind of number for his movement.

Now, if her gay constituents felt they were being persecuted by some new law, they might stop by DC to bitch about that. Or if La Raza didn't succeed in getting a total free ride for anyone who enters the US illegally under McCain, they might show up in similar numbers. And if the femi-nazis felt their right to screw/kill others was under threat by the Supreme Court, they might get similar numbers. But a rally with Pelosi's name on posters everywhere and just a celebration of her platform as a movement? Don't see it.
I think that's what makes Ron Paul unique...he's a congressman that's got a bonafide movement that transcends the typical constituent support of other politicians.

Acala
07-16-2008, 05:54 PM
How about this:

What other congressman could, with a simple endorsement, give total credibility to an unknown local candidate such that perfect strangers from around the country would dump cash into his campaing and local activists would work for him on a grassroots level?

Nobody.

That is MORAL authority. That is gravitas. That IS power. That is what the CFL is about. The Good Doctor is well aware of the nature of his power and has carefully crafted the best vehicle for using it. If we continue to support it and work with it, we WILL change things.

Interesting thread.

surf
07-16-2008, 06:44 PM
He is becoming more influential each day; partly because of us, partly because he's forcing some of his peers to stop and think a bit more, and recently the economic clusterf#ck has added credibility to his cause (and our cause).

he is much more influential than he was two years ago, and that's very good for us. assuming the Rs get their congressional asses kicked again this year, we can only hope that they take note of the message that won easily in Texas' 14th. And, as Rs drop like flies, Ron will be high on the Seniority list and will probably be selected to serve or preside over other important committees.

not the most powerful, but as we all know, he's the only one that has brains and balls.