PDA

View Full Version : What some Americans think of RP

rp4prez
08-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Some of the Americans we need to educate from another forum I visit. (I'll post what my response was to all of this)

I would love to see Ron Paul as the Republican nominee as well...but it doesn't look like he will be. With that in mind, based on what you wrote above, would you vote for a Democrat in the general election, someone else (if so...who?), or not vote at all? If you don't feel comfortable, don't answer, but I'm just curious.

I will be voting for Ron Paul.

Artist, how could you possibly consider even faux-voting for Ron Paul, if you support a Woman's Right to Choose?

I am also the prime sponsor of HR 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn.

He has an equally charming position on illegal immigrants.

Have you actually read anything about him? I am perplexed.

You mean if my life depended on it, since that's the only way I'd vote for any of those ass clowns? Giuliani.

Giuliani's pro-choice stance is pretty much the entire reason I support him over the other Republicans (he appears friendly towards gays as well, which is nice). I'm seeing him as the least of the evils.

Yup. Me too. Ron Paul isn't even a inkling of an option. No way.

FWIW there are maybe one or two reasons I'd pick Ron Paul over some of the others (if I had a gun to my head and HAD to pick a Republican), but I'd rather not say specifically WHY I came to that conclusion since it would just start a big old debate or flame war. One reason is his stance on the war. The other reason would start a debate if I mention it.

:D

Well, basically that he doesn't believe the "official story".

It also appears he's sort of in favor of impeachment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_to_impeach_George_W._Bush

That would outweigh his stance on abortion? And his stance on immigration? Really? I'm not going to get into the whole "official story" thing because that will get us nowhere. I just don't see how that could be more important to you than the real dangers of what he'd do to the rights of citizens in this country if he were elected.

Also, he'd do away with Medicare and Medicaid (after a "transitional period").

But worst of all (IMHO), he is in favor of doing away with birthright citizenship, largely because he believes illegal immigrants take advantage of this as a way of making sure their children can stay in the country.

I'd forgotten about the Medicare and Medicaid bit. Yeah. I'm just so not into Ron Paul. Thank goodness not too many others are, either, so we likely won't see him in the general election.

So would his plan have birth citizenship going only to this born to U.S. citizens? Or legal residents?

That's a good point. Hmm. It's a tough call. I am NOT a fan of Guiliani. I can't stand McCain. Pretty much all of them sound awful to me. I'm not saying I LIKE Ron Paul, and all of you bring up REALLY good points. I just find him sort of fascinating I guess because he's so out there. He has some points that make him almost seem really liberal and yet he's also obviously very conservative. Like others have said, he's basically a Libertarian. I am totally NOT a Liberatarian OR a Republican, but when those two parties are compared to one another, Libertarian is much more appealing to me than Republican. Kind of like how ysolde has in the past described herself as a "paleo-con", or as I call them, "old school Republican".

Ron Paul wants to amend the 14th amendment to stipulate that children born in the USA to non-citizens would not automatically be granted US citizenship. I understand the reasons for this argument, but disagree with them personally.

To my understanding, this would have no effect on children/adults already born in the USA and given citizenship. You can't go back and strip someone's citizenship after the fact. Not to mention the fact that it would be a bureaucratic nightmare that would cost us all a lot in tax dollars.

FYI, Romney has also supported this idea in the past. Not sure what his current stance is, but he's certainly mentioned being in favor of the idea before.

ThePieSwindler
08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
wait what? these people want to have taxes raised so that illegal immigrants can leech off the system? Plus i dont see why "a womans right to choose" is the biggest issue for some people. What the fucK? Besides, he wouldnt even strip women of their "right to choose", he would simply leave it up to the states, as in, follow the 10th amendment!

UCFGavin
08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
they bring up good points? :ugh:

do you post on a forum of retards?

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-28-2007, 07:34 PM

V-rod
08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
nice to see how the 9/11 "truth" movement has helped, lol

rp4prez
08-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Here's my long reply! :)

Wow I’ve got a lot to reply to. 

I would love to see Ron Paul as the Republican nominee as well...but it doesn't look like he will be. With that in mind, based on what you wrote above, would you (sxsw_dad) vote for a Democrat in the general election, someone else (if so...who?), or not vote at all? If you don't feel comfortable, don't answer, but I'm just curious.

I actually don’t like any of the candidates that are running in either party. I would write in Ron Paul. My main reason is the HUGE debt that the government is in and none of the candidates talk about it except for Ron Paul. The democrats want to socialize health care. We can’t even afford Medicare right now.

If you’re curious check out this 60 minutes piece on YouTube (yes it’s pro RP but ignore that and just watch the 60 minutes part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGpY2hw7ao8

I honestly don’t see another candidate that is going to shrink the size of government and take on this problem that our country is in fiscally. The last thing I want is our government to go bankrupt and if we don’t do something about it soon we will probably see it in our life time.

I will be voting for Ron Paul.

Yay!

Artist, how could you possibly consider even faux-voting for Ron Paul, if you support a Woman's Right to Choose?

Curious: have you listened to his point of view? It’s fairly interesting.

I’m pro-choice too but I think there are way more important things this country needs to deal with to stay afloat than whether or not a candidate is pro-life or pro-choice. If something isn’t done it won’t matter who is pro-chioce or pro-life. There won’t be a government.

On a side note Ron Paul is for letting states decide from themselves if they want to ban abortion or not. Personally I think that is a better idea than having the fed decide for us.

You mean if my life depended on it, since that's the only way I'd vote for any of those ass clowns? Giuliani.

IMO Giuliani is a puppet. Question: would you rather give up your freedoms to feel safe? That’s what the American people have been doing since 9/11. (i.e. Patriot Act etc.) Even in one of CNN debates all the GOP candidate, with the exception of Ron Paul, would support going to war with Iran and doing a pre-emptive NUCLEAR strike!!! I bout feel out when I heard that. Can you imagine going to war with Iran who has no navy, no air force, hardly an army. Really what are the reasons? Terrorism? Come on get serious.

Iran isn’t a security threat to the United States. The only reason why the US would go to war with Iran is if some how Iran was able to sell their oil in Euros, which would undermine the US dollar (fyi – the US dollar is the only thing that you can buy oil in. Check out these two very good articles http://www.mathaba.net/news/?x=551732 and http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=47790%00) and lord knows what that would do to America. Lucky for us Iran can’t refine their own oil so they have to buy their gas from other countries. Not surprisingly they want an alternative energy source, nuclear energy. Don’t get me wrong I’m not supporting Iran. Anyone who wants to blow another country off the face of the earth doesn’t need a nuke. I’m just saying that there is a reason why Iran wants nuclear energy. Too bad the US government replaced the Iranian elected official back in the 50’s because I think it would be an entirely different situation. (If interested read Blowback (http://www.amazon.com/Blowback-Second-Consequences-American-Empire/dp/0805075593/ref=cm_lmf_tit_3/105-8232080-6797229))

Giuliani's pro-choice stance is pretty much the entire reason I support him over the other Republicans (he appears friendly towards gays as well, which is nice). I'm seeing him as the least of the evils.

If you want to remain pro Giuliani I would suggest you stay away from Blogs, YouTube, and a plethora of other alternative media. Stick to the main stream media and you’ll be fine. :) In case you didn’t know you might want to look up Ron Paul’s position about gay marriage and gays in the military. There’s a great video on YouTube from one of the debates where he explains his position very well.

Oh and on abortion there are a few things right now. The Supreme Court has enough votes right now to over turn Roe vs. Wade and the only hope for pro-choice advocates is to have Ron Paul restore the 10th amendment and have it left up to the states to decide.

Go to 11:51 for immigration
Go to 10:40 for Church vs. State
Go to 7:31 for Gays in the Military and Gay marriage
Go to 4:12 for the Nuclear pre-emptive strike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwJKGfAWQUo

Yup. Me too. Ron Paul isn't even a inkling of an option. No way.

I really would love to hear what your reasons are for thinking this way.

FWIW there are maybe one or two reasons I'd pick Ron Paul over some of the others (if I had a gun to my head and HAD to pick a Republican), but I'd rather not say specifically WHY I came to that conclusion since it would just start a big old debate or flame war. One reason is his stance on the war. The other reason would start a debate if I mention it.

Well, basically that he doesn't believe the "official story".

I don’t like to use the word wrong to anyone but Ron Paul does believe the “official story.” So I’m sorry to say that you are wrong on this issue. He’s actually read the 9/11 Commission Report and uses it extensively to base his arguments. He also read Imperial Hubris by Michael Scheuer the for most expert on Bin Laden since he was the CIA Chief of the Bin Laden Issue Station and has been with the CIA for 22 years. So to say that Ron Paul doesn’t believe the “official story” is just incorrect information. Check out the following around 7:50 left from the FOX News debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8

It also appears he's sort of in favor of impeachment.

In July 2006, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) stated on Alex Jones' radio show "I would have trouble arguing that he's been a Constitutional President, and once you violate the Constitution and be proven to do that I think these people should be removed from office."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_to_impeach_George_W._Bush

Wouldn’t you be in favor of impeachment if it was proven? Politicians take an oath of office to up hold the United States Constitution and only Ron Paul has consistently done this. Just take a look at his voting record.

http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=BC031929

That would outweigh his stance on abortion? And his stance on immigration? Really? I'm not going to get into the whole "official story" thing because that will get us nowhere. I just don't see how that could be more important to you than the real dangers of what he'd do to the rights of citizens in this country if he were elected.

Real dangers of what he’d do to the rights of the citizens? Okay you are definitely going to have explain to me what you mean by this. Ron Paul wants to restore our rights! Repeal the Patriot Act, restore Habeas Corpus, and many many more rights that have been taken away from us by our own government!

Also, he'd do away with Medicare and Medicaid (after a "transitional period").

But worst of all (IMHO), he is in favor of doing away with birthright citizenship, largely because he believes illegal immigrants take advantage of this as a way of making sure their children can stay in the country.

You too need to watch the 60 Minute piece on Medicare and Medicaid. Here’s the link for your convince http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGpY2hw7ao8. Quick little tid-bit, the prescription drug addition to Medicare added 8 trillion dollars to the entitlement debt of our government. How in the world are our kids and grand kids going to pay for all the spending our government is doing right now?

I really want to know more about your reasons why getting rid of birth right is a bad thing? You know how many children are born in the US by illegals? (I don’t have a clue so it would be interesting to know) I’m willing to guess 10s of thousands probably more. Those instantly have rights to Social Security and other things that the government provides! It basically incentives illegal immigrants to come to the US and take advantage of our hard earned money! How would you feel if your X dollars every month instead of going to the government for those illegal’s babies now go straight to the illegal family that had the child? Basically that’s what you are doing with the government being the middle man. This doesn’t make me feel very good to tell you the truth. ;)

I'd forgotten about the Medicare and Medicaid bit. Yeah. I'm just so not into Ron Paul. Thank goodness not too many others are, either, so we likely won't see him in the general election.

So you like Medicare and Medicaid? My parents are in one and a friend of mine is in the other. Let me tell you they both suck! My parents are going to lose $200k due to Medicare and that’s money they count on in retirement! My good friend is 31 and has to live at home due to Medicaid. Not much of a life is it?

If you think that the government knows the best way to take care of you from when you are born to when you die then I can’t argue with you. However, for me I can take care of myself MUCH better than the government could ever and I bet a lot of you can do much better for yourself than the government can do for you.

That's a good point. Hmm. It's a tough call. I am NOT a fan of Guiliani. I can't stand McCain. Pretty much all of them sound awful to me. I'm not saying I LIKE Ron Paul, and all of you bring up REALLY good points. I just find him sort of fascinating I guess because he's so out there. He has some points that make him almost seem really liberal and yet he's also obviously very conservative. Like others have said, he's basically a Libertarian. I am totally NOT a Liberatarian OR a Republican, but when those two parties are compared to one another, Libertarian is much more appealing to me than Republican. Kind of like how ysolde has in the past described herself as a "paleo-con", or as I call them, "old school Republican".

I don’t think Ron Paul is “so out there.” In fact he’s what the Republican party used to be like before the “neo-conservatives” got control of the party. I mean can you imagine the Republican party even 20 years ago possibly nominating someone who is pro-choice, anti gun, and pro war like Giuliani? Ron Paul is more historically Republican than any other candidate running!

V-rod
08-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Glad you have the patience to respond to all ofl them. I tried the same with a couple of neocons over at livelink. But their messaging system is so pitiful.

trispear
08-28-2007, 10:19 PM
There is one issue though, Ron Paul supports legislation that limits the courts or abortions issues by limiting what they can review - is this constitutional though or is there precedent?

I would assume courts decide what they want to hear though they can't make the laws as they see fit.