PDA

View Full Version : FoxNews and the NH debate on Sept.5

joeu
08-28-2007, 07:16 PM
The debate format for September 5 in Durham NH is being organized by Fox News.
Moderated by Brit Hume ( special@foxnews.com ) it appears to be more of the same stage-managed event as earlier debates with 'top tier' candidates given prime spots on the stage and more speaking time.

Please encourage Fox News, politely, to make the debate open and above board for all the candidates. I wrote Brit Hume the following:

"Dear Mr. Hume,

I understand that you will be the moderator for the Republican presidential candidate debate on September 5 in Durham, New Hampshire. Your participation in the event is appreciated.

I am disappointed to learn that no questions from the audience will be sought and that instead there will be questions by pre-selected individuals at an off-site location. I also understand that the placement of candidates on the stage will be similar to previous debates with the "top tier" at center stage enjoying inordinate speaking time while other candidates are placed to the sidelines with more limited exposure.

Those earlier debates were less than impressive and viewers were not well served by the obvious stage-management.

Providing an open and equal opportunity for all candidates to present their views to the American public in Durham would be a wonder drug for the 2008 presidential campaign. This can best be achieved by random placement of candidates on the stage and, to the greatest extent possible, providing equal speaking time to each candidate. Let the viewers decide who the 'front-runners' should be for the Republican Party.

Please help make this presidential campaign worthy of voter participation. Allow all the Repubican candidates to have equal voice in the September 5 debate. I will be pleased to receive your response to these suggestions. Thank you.

Regards,"

tmg19103
08-28-2007, 07:38 PM
To whom it may concern:

After watching a previous presidential debate on a rival network I came away extremely disappointed. I had wanted to get a feel for each and every candidate to better educate myself to my choices, but it turned out to be the Mitt and Rudy show – with both of those supposed front running candidates front and center.

I have already learned more than enough on these two from newspapers and from news shows on the major networks and on cable news channels. What I am most interested in is hearing what the other candidates have to say, and I hope and trust that you will give all of the candidates equal time so that the public can make an informed decision.

I felt that ABC did the American people a disservice with the way they ran the previous GOP debate, and, quite frankly, I have lost all respect for the network because of this.

I trust that Fox News will practice what it preaches by providing the American public with a “fair and balanced” debate.

Sincerely,

Alabama Supporter
08-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi Foxnews;

Please make this a fair debate on Sep. 5th by giving candidates like Ron Paul a chance to speak as often and long as the so called "top tier" candidates. How is one to propel himself to the top tier in the media when all you do is marginalize him in the public debates? These debates are a public service, and even if a candidate does not align with your ideology, please give him an equal amount of time to speak. The American public deserves much more than the crappy liberal coverage the MSM like ABC and MSNBC have provided.

Thank you, and I look forward to watching the debate.