PDA

View Full Version : New York Having Problems with Optical Scanners

Knightskye
07-14-2008, 09:07 PM
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/07/ny-50-percent-o.html

They also have trouble handling write-in candidates. If a voter's writing exceeds a certain width, Kellner said the printer shuts down without indicating why it's shutting down.

So much for writing in Dr. Paul.

AJ Antimony
07-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Writing him in is stupid either way.

Our movement here really has some schmucks... they say they know and defend the Constitution, yet at the same time have no god damn clue how presidents are elected.

When you vote for president, you don't vote for a single person. You vote for a slate of electors to the Electoral College. The Republicans have their slate to vote McCain, Democrats have their slate for Obama, Libertarians for Barr, etc.

So to more accurately write in Paul, you'd have to write in the proper number of legit electors. But this process is still nothing but foolish because 1. Ron Paul isn't registered as a write in candidate and 2. There are no registered Ron Paul electors.

People need to return to reality and understand Ron Paul is not an option in November. The way the economy is heading, that's a good thing--I'd rather have the public blame big government Obama for the shit economy rather than free market Paul.

Knightskye
07-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Writing him in is stupid either way.

Our movement here really has some schmucks... they say they know and defend the Constitution, yet at the same time have no god damn clue how presidents are elected.

I wouldn't say "schmucks", but I agree with that.