PDA

View Full Version : Possible protest

mtmedlin
08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070828/ap_on_el_pr/911_anniversary_giuliani;_ylt=Aj29p.PxEIRPKhLmNQ4Y Gg6s0NUE

basically Guiliani is ogoing to ground zero to speak and use it as a platform for his campaign. I think it sucks. Any possibility that we can coordinate some RP volunteers along with the firefighters and others to do a silent protest. They might go to the event and when Guiliani takes the stage have everybody turn around and show their back to him. Iam pretty certain that if there was enough people it would be on tv. You wouldnt even need to have RP shirts or anything. It would be worth it just to get out the message that NY doesnt support RG and that he isnt Americas Mayor.

kylejack
08-28-2007, 06:52 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070828/ap_on_el_pr/911_anniversary_giuliani;_ylt=Aj29p.PxEIRPKhLmNQ4Y Gg6s0NUE

basically Guiliani is ogoing to ground zero to speak and use it as a platform for his campaign. I think it sucks. Any possibility that we can coordinate some RP volunteers along with the firefighters and others to do a silent protest. They might go to the event and when Guiliani takes the stage have everybody turn around and show their back to him. Iam pretty certain that if there was enough people it would be on tv. You wouldnt even need to have RP shirts or anything. It would be worth it just to get out the message that NY doesnt support RG and that he isnt Americas Mayor.

Giant sign held upright by a couple supporters:

Reading List
----------------
(the list)

billm317
08-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Giant sign held upright by a couple supporters:

Reading List
----------------
(the list)

good idea

EDIT:
another sign might mention the 29 total hours he spent at ground zero and the 58 hours he spent watching the yankees (during that time span)
----
"On Friday, a New York Times story examined Rudy Giuliani's schedule in the months after 9/11 to verify his controversial claim that, like rescue workers, he'd spent long hours at ground zero, and so was "in that sense ... one of them." In fact, the Times found, he only spent 29 hours at the terror site between Sept. 17 and Dec. 16.

What was he doing instead? Giuliani's beloved New York Yankees made it to the World Series in 2001. We decided to compare the time he spent on baseball to the time he spent at the ruins of the World Trade Center.

The results were, considering the mayor's long-standing devotion to the Bronx Bombers, unsurprising.

By our count, Giuliani spent about 58 hours at Yankees games or flying to them in the 40 days between Sept. 25 and Nov. 4, roughly twice as long as he spent at ground zero in the 90 days between Sept. 17 and Dec. 16. By his own standard, Giuliani was one of the Yankees more than he was one of the rescue workers."

LibertyEagle
08-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Why can people get behind a protest, but balk so much about handing out campaign literature? I just don't get it.

kylejack
08-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Why can people get behind a protest, but balk so much about handing out campaign literature? I just don't get it.

Who thinks its bad to hand out literature?

quickmike
08-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh dont worry. I think the Firefighters Union is already gonna be there in DROVES. No need to worry about them. Theyre pissed off at him far more than we are. LOL

singapore_sling
08-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Sorry guys I think it would be viewed as way to distasteful to make a political scene out of it , despite what we think about him speaking. Don't make it worse by creating a scene like that, it could generate a lot of negative publicity for us.

DjLoTi
08-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Sorry guys I think it would be viewed as way to distasteful to make a political scene out of it , despite what we think about him speaking. Don't make it worse by creating a scene like that, it could generate a lot of negative publicity for us.

The fact that Giuliani is politicizing the 9/11 attacks is sickening in itself to me.

kylejack
08-28-2007, 07:16 PM
A scene needs to be made. He's waging a campaign on 3000 dead Americans and I resent it. I'm not the only one in this country that sees through that. Many feel it silently.

quickmike
08-28-2007, 07:19 PM
A scene needs to be made. He's waging a campaign on 3000 dead Americans and I resent it. I'm not the only one in this country that sees through that. Many feel it silently.

I agree 100%

Anyone who takes offsense to people bringing up Rudy capitalizing on the deaths of dead americans would never be the kind of upstanding person that would vote for Ron Paul anyway. It wont hurt us at all. It might piss off the douche bag supporters of his, but hey, theyre a lost cause anyway right?

Vvick727
08-28-2007, 07:31 PM
yeah, i can smell something big. i just really hope no 9/11 truthers have both Ron Paul signs and "9/11 was an inside job" signs.. that will only hurt the movement, and make Dr. Paul look bad

ladyliberty
08-28-2007, 07:38 PM
I think it would be okay to protest Guiliani if it was done tastefully with respect and reverence given to the vicitims of that horrible day. Perhaps some awesime and amazing sidewalk chalk drawings near the site?

http://www.impactlab.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7567

How would Ron Paul honor them? We do not want to get the consiracy theorists mixed in with it and act like RP is one of them - remember how much heat they tried to give him over his 9/11 debate statements with Rudy? Perhaps give Rudy a library card so he can read up on the 9/11 commission report, eh?

Or perhaps we could wrap a skyscraper with a tasteful RP statement. I wonder how much it costs to do that - probably a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYxfzOzPmZ0

singapore_sling
08-28-2007, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't mind people protesting...but I think its a bad idea if they do it in the name of Ron Paul by wearing Ron Paul shirts.

V-rod
08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Poor Giuliani breathed the same rubble dust and fumes that all those tireless 9/11 workers had done. Let us bow our heads and pray for Rudy's recovery.

jjschless
08-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh dont worry. I think the Firefighters Union is already gonna be there in DROVES. No need to worry about them. Theyre pissed off at him far more than we are. LOL

Yeah they are. Notice how quick the Rudy campaign was to call that www.rudy-urbanlegend.com/ (http://www.rudy-urbanlegend.com/) video a "swift boat" attack.

quickmike
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah they are. Notice how quick the Rudy campaign was to call that www.rudy-urbanlegend.com/ (http://www.rudy-urbanlegend.com/) video a "swift boat" attack.

Yeah, that pretty much sealed Rudy's fate when his campaign accused the firefighters of playing politics, when actually they had real anger and concern for their fallen brothers. Theyre pretty dumb over there in the Rudy campaign.

I mean hell yeah it was an attack on him, and rightfully so. I would be pissed too if Rudy told me he was looking for dead firefighters and the minute he finds the banks gold he calls off the search and tells me to go home. What a wicked f--k that guy is.

quickmike
08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Poor Giuliani breathed the same rubble dust and fumes that all those tireless 9/11 workers had done. Let us bow our heads and pray for Rudy's recovery.

Yeah, I hope he develops a tumor the size of a grapefruit in his neck because of it. Seriously.