PDA

View Full Version : Something big from the CFL

brandon
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I know you all have read the blog posts - Something big from the CFL is coming...

Well I recently found out part of what they have in store for us. It is really exciting. They have some really good ideas, and I think you all are going to be really happy with it. They are focusing on helping our message influence the republican party. The RNC rally will be more then just a regular rally. I'm sure they will be announcing the plans soon.

So don't give up! Keep your faith. This movement is just beginning.

speciallyblend
07-14-2008, 08:30 PM
I know you all have read the blog posts - Something big from the CFL is coming...

Well I recently found out part of what they have in store for us. It is really exciting. They have some really good ideas, and I think you all are going to be really happy with it. They are focusing on helping our message influence the republican party. The RNC rally will be more then just a regular rally. I'm sure they will be announcing the plans soon.

how about a new party with a new brand name that has a platform that crosses all party lines;)(unite the lp/cp and 25% of the ron paul republicans now that would be BIG;) and the ron paul democrats and independents would flood over to our new platform, it wouldn't be a 3rd party it would be a new party unifying them all under a new platform:) now that would be BIG

pacelli
07-14-2008, 08:43 PM
We've heard about 'something big' with this campaign since Iowa. And it keeps getting pushed off. In the meantime, the CFL can't give financial support to any candidates running for office.

Ian A.
07-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Personally I think it's hype. I don't think the plans they have really reflect anything they haven't already said: that they plan on reaching out and educating people.

Anti Federalist
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM

Why am I having GHemminger flashbacks???:confused:

brandon
07-14-2008, 08:53 PM

:) I just want to make sure people are planning on attending the rally. I'm not trying to pull a ghemmy

mport1
07-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Screw the Republican Party. They aren't salvageable and were never any good. I really wish they would focus on educating the people instead of wasting time in politics which hasn't been very successful.

Jeremy
07-14-2008, 08:55 PM
can you please just tell us! =)

this isn't a book or a movie, who cares if it's spoiled =)

Jeremy
07-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Screw the Republican Party. They aren't salvageable and were never any good. I really wish they would focus on educating the people instead of wasting time in politics which hasn't been very successful.

Um... then why are they (PBS for example) saying that the future of the GOP is the Ron Paul supporters and Huckabee supporters. That means we make up half of it! And that also means the entire party is anti-IRS :D

brandon
07-14-2008, 08:56 PM

Anti-war leftists have spent YEARS trying to educate people. It doesn't get you anywhere. You can educate 75 % of the country and it wont mean a damn thing if none of them have any political power. We need to focus on getting into positions where we can wield influence on the political process.

Carole
07-14-2008, 08:57 PM
how about a new party with a new brand name that has a platform that crosses all party lines;)(unite the lp/cp and 25% of the ron paul republicans now that would be BIG;) and the ron paul democrats and independents would flood over to our new platform, it wouldn't be a 3rd party it would be a new party unifying them all under a new platform:) now that would be BIG
Yes, the Freedom Party or Liberty Party.

Only problem is - it is still collectivist and can evolve into more of the same if it is infiltrated by neo-cons and liberal types.

I think I will prefer being an Independent after this election. I will remain Republican long enough to let them know that as a Republican, I did not vote for their candidate. :)

Jeremy
07-14-2008, 08:59 PM
um... they shouldn't start a new party. but they wouldn't do that, so who cares

Anyway, I will probably be a Republican for the rest of my life (unless the LP... or CP... or some other one I happen to like.... is somehow turned into a third or 2nd major party... 2nd meaning, one of the current majors dies... but the chances of this.... yah, heh). The primaries in my state are closed

Carole
07-14-2008, 09:00 PM
URL please. This I have to see to believe. :)

TheSkeptic
07-14-2008, 09:01 PM
What's so funny about the GOP is that they go to the trouble to create a website where you can "help write the platform", yet they've shown that they obviously don't give a damn about what their own base says.

The GOP is ruined. One of the greatest political disappointments of my lifetime will definitely be Ron Paul's refusal to run independently, and perhaps unite real conservatives across party lines. He may not have won, but he would've gotten a HELL of a lot more votes than the LP, the Constitution Party, and others have ever gotten put together. He was the best chance in decades for this to happen.

Jeremy
07-14-2008, 09:01 PM
URL please. This I have to see to believe. :)

who were you replying to????

Anti Federalist
07-14-2008, 09:02 PM
:) I just want to make sure people are planning on attending the rally. I'm not trying to pull a ghemmy

I know, I was just having some fun with ya'.;)

My nerves just instinctively ratchet up a notch when somebody announces "Big Doings!!!" "Hold onto your Hats!!!" but can't say any more.

I blame Ghemmy's non lucid, stream of consciousness rants and "The Billionaire" nonsense, not you.

Jeremy
07-14-2008, 09:03 PM
What's so funny about the GOP is that they go to the trouble to create a website where you can "help write the platform", yet they've shown that they obviously don't give a damn about what their own base says.

The GOP is ruined. One of the greatest political disappointments of my lifetime will definitely be Ron Paul's refusal to run independently, and perhaps unite real conservatives across party lines. He may not have won, but he would've gotten a HELL of a lot more votes than the LP, the Constitution Party, and others have ever gotten put together. He was the best chance in decades for this to happen.

pessimism will get you nothing! all you're doing is complaining

and remember that you're dissing the very movement that we're supposedly in

after all, one of the main things is bringing the GOP back... that's RP's goal

westmich4paul
07-14-2008, 09:08 PM

I hate to say this because I for one believed after the Primary season we could change the Party, but seeing us splinter off into umteen different directions I have to believe that if Ron had run third party, we would have untied many more people than even Ross Perot did, and certainly much more than Barr, Baldwin will ever do this year.

We had a shot not much and a very narrow window indeed but we had a shot IMHO. now just look at the forums page, which used to run anywhere from 300-400 strong at any given time now down to 50-70 and slowly declining from there.

It is sad, truly is especially with all the time, effort, and money spent to try to get Ron as much name recognition as possible.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2008, 09:12 PM

Unfortunately, we still have a 2 party system and it is only those 2 parties that make it to the debates. Any new party that is established is a 3rd party, whether we like it or not.

brandon
07-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I know, I was just having some fun with ya'.;)

My nerves just instinctively ratchet up a notch when somebody announces "Big Doings!!!" "Hold onto your Hats!!!" but can't say any more.

I blame Ghemmy's non lucid, stream of consciousness rants and "The Billionaire" nonsense, not you.

lol, I hear ya. I assure you that what I heard is nowhere near as cool as something like a secret billionaire or a plan for Ron Paul to win the presidency. It is however a decent plan. I think alot of people were disappointed that RP didn't reveal any new plans at the DC rally; he just gave his regular stump speech.

I just want people to know that if what I heard is true, there are some good ideas being worked on.

JK/SEA
07-14-2008, 09:20 PM
We need to take what we learned this past year and use it to our advantage. Don't forget, we looked the beast right in the eyes. It now knows who we are, and as you can see, this movement is still going forward, with or without Ron Paul.

runningdiz
07-14-2008, 09:27 PM
interesting...

TheSkeptic
07-14-2008, 09:32 PM

after all, one of the main things is bringing the GOP back... that's RP's goal

It's not all I'm doing, though I certainly do my fair share of it. :)

I love Ron Paul. I drove 400 miles each way to see him in DC last weekend. I mean, I really wanted to see the guy. :) It's just, at the same time, I feel deeply - very deeply - disappointed that he did not run independently.

The GOP shit on him. It shit on the people who supported him. And he let them win.

TheSkeptic
07-14-2008, 09:34 PM
I hate to say this because I for one believed after the Primary season we could change the Party, but seeing us splinter off into umteen different directions I have to believe that if Ron had run third party, we would have untied many more people than even Ross Perot did, and certainly much more than Barr, Baldwin will ever do this year.

This is exactly what I'm saying.

There has NEVER been a more critical time for the libertarian message than now, and there has never been a better vehicle than Ron Paul in my lifetime.

He could've been the guy that united libertarians across the spectrum and, for once, made them a serious voice in an election.

Jeremy
07-14-2008, 09:38 PM
There are reasons why Ron Paul shouldn't have run as an independent. Also, there could be personal reasons you don't know about. I could imagine that Ron Paul was very tired. He's 72 and remember that he never planned on ACTUALLY running that long.

Paul Revered
07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
We need to take what we learned this past year and use it to our advantage. Don't forget, we looked the beast right in the eyes. It now knows who we are, and as you can see, this movement is still going forward, with or without Ron Paul.
That's the spirit. We're just getting started. With all of the young people that are involved, we can expect to see our impact continue to ramp up, as they begin to attain success in their lives.

TheSkeptic
07-14-2008, 11:35 PM
There are reasons why Ron Paul shouldn't have run as an independent. Also, there could be personal reasons you don't know about. I could imagine that Ron Paul was very tired. He's 72 and remember that he never planned on ACTUALLY running that long.

I did think about that, and it's certainly a good point.

And if we were not at the point we are as a nation, I don't think it would be a really big deal.... my thing is that we are on the brink of something disastrous, and once the meltdown comes, we can kiss every last ounce of freedom and prosperity goodbye. As dramatic as it sounds, I think this year was probably the last serious chance this platform had. The nation is going to get further and further from the ideals it was founded on as things get worse and people become more afraid.

For that reason, I feel he was obligated to finish what he started.

RoamZero
07-15-2008, 12:45 AM

You gotta think long term, especially in light of the fact that an independent run by Paul would have been a huge longshot anyway. The big problem right now is changing congress and rebuilding the GOP. Another big problem is who can we support for 2012 if Paul doesn't run again?

Paul Revered
07-15-2008, 01:02 AM
You gotta think long term, especially in light of the fact that an independent run by Paul would have been a huge longshot anyway. The big problem right now is changing congress and rebuilding the GOP. Another big problem is who can we support for 2012 if Paul doesn't run again?We need to put Conservatives in every office at every level. This is far from over. We have a tremendous amount of work ahead of us.

TheSkeptic
07-15-2008, 01:23 AM
You gotta think long term, especially in light of the fact that an independent run by Paul would have been a huge longshot anyway. The big problem right now is changing congress and rebuilding the GOP. Another big problem is who can we support for 2012 if Paul doesn't run again?

It's just my opinion that libertarianism will not have the same type of chance at the Presidential level as it did this year. I agree, there must be conservatives at every level...however, the President still wields a LOT of power. Look at what George Bush has done in 8 years, despite having an opposition (albeit weak) Congress for some of that time.

A problem with the conservative movement is that it's fractured - you've got the Constitution Party, which seems to be like the LP for Christians. You've got the LP, you've got old school Republicans who are still identified with the GOP...a lot of people who have the same core values but have never really galvanized because no one like Ron Paul has come along who did/does have the potential to actually get serious numbers in a general as a libertarian candidate.

As for RP being a long shot.... he was a long shot to even last in the primary. I'm not saying he would have won the general, but I think there was a window there. Obama is already selling out on things like FISA and the war, some of his people are taking notice. The GOP is still trying to stomach McCain. And there is just a general feeling of disgust with the government among everybody. So I think he was someone who could have come in as an "alternative" candidate, like Ross Perot, and gain real traction. I can't imagine the passion, energy, and resources that people would pour into his campaign. Things like that make a difference.

BuddyRey
07-15-2008, 02:46 AM

Gary Johnson! He's principled, courageous, SO much like Ron Paul, and a very adept debater. I saw him on Donahue a few years ago debating former Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey over marijuana decriminalization. Gary ripped him to shreds.

constituent
07-15-2008, 06:32 AM
We've heard about 'something big' with this campaign since Iowa.

i knew i should have copyrighted that when i wrote the "something big is happening" commercial for the contest.

plagiarists.

constituent
07-15-2008, 06:35 AM

1) pessimism might encourage TPTB in the ron paul "revolution" to cut the crap already

i'll take success sharpened by the barbs of pessimism over the failure ensured by falling in line.

2) don't kid yourself, it's only supposedly.

MRoCkEd
07-15-2008, 06:36 AM

where, how, and when did you find this out?

constituent
07-15-2008, 06:37 AM
where, how, and when did you find this out?

hemmi told him.

SnappleLlama
07-15-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm sure the plan is that Ron Paul will lead us in a freedom charge on the capitol. Get your revolution rifles ready! General Paul's not waiting for you slackers out there ;)

speciallyblend
07-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Yes, the Freedom Party or Liberty Party.

Only problem is - it is still collectivist and can evolve into more of the same if it is infiltrated by neo-cons and liberal types.

I think I will prefer being an Independent after this election. I will remain Republican long enough to let them know that as a Republican, I did not vote for their candidate. :)

but we wouldn't allow them to take over they can build their nazi party within the gop like they are;)

brandon
07-16-2008, 01:31 PM
OK, since someone else posted it, I'll share part of what I heard.

There is going to be a liberty convention the day before the big sep 2 rally. It will be attended by a representative from each congressional district and two state wide representative from each state. This will equal the total number of people in the house & senate. These people will serve as the local points of contact for each CD to the CFL. They will be responsible for organizing the coup of their local republican party.

Pretty cool, huh?

MRoCkEd
07-16-2008, 01:49 PM
OK, since someone else posted it, I'll share part of what I heard.

There is going to be a liberty convention the day before the big sep 2 rally. It will be attended by a representative from each congressional district and two state wide representative from each state. This will equal the total number of people in the house & senate. These people will serve as the local points of contact for each CD to the CFL. They will be responsible for organizing the coup of their local republican party.

Pretty cool, huh?
yes

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-16-2008, 02:14 PM

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

THE BIIIIIIIIIG SEEEECREEEEET IS COOOOMINGGGGG!!

Right after the Iowa caucus guys! I promise! It's gonna blow you awayyyyyyyyyyyyy and the msm is going to be salivating and we're gonna wiiiiiiiiiiiin!!