PDA

View Full Version : The latest polling data?

cska80
07-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Does anyone believe the latest polling data? Let me premise this by stating that I have no faith in any polling data whatsoever that comes from the MSM. I think most of you are in agreement of that. For example, when I see that RP never received more than 4% nationally in the primaries in the polling data (most of the time sitting consistently at 1-2%), then receives voting percentages in the teens in most states, and some over 20%...I will never trust another poll.

I believe that McCain stands no chance. Congress has a 9% approval rating. Bush has around 20%. Over 80% of the country think that we are headed in the wrong direction. I do believe that the overwhelming majority of the country wants change. It matters not if they understand the kind of change a candidate represents. As long as they DO represent change, they'll win. Obama represents Marxism in my opinion and electing him will represent our final push into fascism and Marxism.

As for McCain, he represents the same old government we've always had in the minds of the masses. He's old. He's been in government for over 20 years. He's white. He's male. He's rich. Most of all, he's Republican. He will be painted as a 'rich republican' who is running for Bush's second term. The ONLY way a Republican could win this year is if the candidate were able to articulate conservative or libertarian values and policies as good as a founding father. The fact is, he's terrible at speaking. He's terribly inarticulate. He's too far center or left on a lot of issues.

In conclusion, I believe the polls will show a horse race, within the margin of error most of the time, from now until the election. The reason? To convince republican voters, conservative voters, and the republican party as a whole that McCain does have a chance and was actually a great choice as a nominee for the party. This is so there is no outcry within the party or from everyday Americans for a new candidate. I don't have this theory because I'm under some delusion in which Ron Paul is nominated. I do, however, see it as a real possibility that if the truth be told and voters do decide to show their strength, the republicans could get a new nominee at the convention.

What do you think?

AJ Antimony
07-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Early in the primaries I used to believe polls were crooked and manipulated.

I now do not believe it.

Polls have been used for a long time; long enough for anybody to find cheating if it existed.

You're just going to have to accept that Americans are the dumbest people on the planet. If polls say Ron Paul is polling 4% nationally, then that's a show of how stupid people are, not how crooked the polls are.

cska80
07-14-2008, 07:14 PM
You ignored one of my first statements in your comment.