PDA

View Full Version : To the organizers: I am very sorry!

berrybunches
07-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I was asked to pick someone up at the airport and could not due to the fact that It ended up being I could not get in DC until Thursday night/Friday morning at 5 am and they would have needed the ride at 9:30am, my hotel for that night was prepaid on priceline and was more than an hour away from the airport.

If my plan would have paned out I would have gotten in at about 10pm but the marshals I was bringing kept pushing up the time they could leave.

I want to apologize and I hope the person, Micheal, I think it was, got a ride. I text messaged him but he never got back to me. I am offering to pay any extra expenses it took him to get a ride from the airport, gas money, cab fair or whatever.

I also want to say that I was asked only 20 hours before these people were getting off their flight and I still had a 10 hour drive ahead of me. I volunteered to help 2 weeks before the event and I was not called until less than 48 hours prior - by then I had already made other plans and figured I was not needed. With all the things to do I don't blame anyone, of course, it just made it rough on my end.

I did have a great time though! I can't thank you guys enough for putting this together. :D

Again, I am sorry if I caused any grief.

Deborah K
07-15-2008, 04:49 PM
No worries at all! This event went off without any major problems. I hope you had a great time. We were just scrambling trying to gather up help in all areas as the help became needed. It's all good.

muzzled dogg
07-15-2008, 07:16 PM
lol yeah rp supports are crafty yo

this dude on my ronvoy was sayin he got split up after the rally and had to hitch a ride from the train station to the campground. i guess people drove by, saw his rp shirt, got off at the next exit went back to get him, and then drove him all the way to camp!

Oyate
07-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I want to apologize

Nope. No sorry. No guilt. No shame, no blame, no sorry, All we did was try and it worked out well and you were a part of that.

I'm sayin we tried each in our way. Some ways worked out better, others less so but it still counts.

Don't worry, we felt your energy. And there's always next time.

-Oyate

Uncle_Rahn
07-16-2008, 04:27 AM
Good chance for me to say, you Guys Rocked!
Very well organized, this was a BIG rally, and there were NO major incidents.
It was a day that will live in my memory forever and all you volunteers deserve the highest praise for your efforts.
I for one would always be willing to work with the people on that crew!
We are all picking up speed now and this March is a great launch point for the Campaign for Liberty we face. We must throw away the negatives, move on to the next goal, work together, reach out to the other side!
Trolls! Help us fight for Freedom! Stop wasting time!
Love you all

Unc

AxXiom
07-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Someone was asking me about Uncle Rahn. In fact they kept on saying it..Uncle Rahn Uncle Rahn. Was that you?

AxXiom

ladyjade3
07-17-2008, 08:55 PM
No worries at all! This event went off without any major problems. I hope you had a great time. We were just scrambling trying to gather up help in all areas as the help became needed. It's all good.

Deb - I had a great time as a chauffeur for my shift. :)

I'm just wondering why there was no media. Or at least hardly any.

Oyate
07-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Deb - I had a great time as a chauffeur for my shift. :)

I'm just wondering why there was no media. Or at least hardly any.

Hey Jade, you remember me, I'm Oyate.

Ironically, the best (and almost only) press coverage we got was from Press TV in Iran!

We didn't think we would get press, this was a training excersize for the movement. See, not all of us are going to brush our teeth and comb our hair and be republicans. I myself just ain't wired that way. I don't guess half of us are.

There are some of us prefer to talk with our two fists there lady. Forgive us where we're weak and rely upon us where we're strong.

berrybunches
07-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks everyone for understanding. I still feel stupid and guilty about it though, I just can't help it. I wanted to help so bad and I hate to be considered untrustworthy!
But I had a great time. I stood near teh stage with my "Freedom is popular and "Ron Paul is my president" sign the whole time and my skin is still burnt purple from it. I rallied as hard as I could.
Thank you all so much that organized it. Really, it was even better than I expected.

I am going to be working hard to make sure as many people as possible can get to Minneapolis! I can and will be volunteering a lot of my time for it.

GunnyFreedom
07-20-2008, 01:18 AM

this dude on my ronvoy was sayin he got split up after the rally and had to hitch a ride from the train station to the campground. i guess people drove by, saw his rp shirt, got off at the next exit went back to get him, and then drove him all the way to camp!

While we are on the subject of apologies, I want to apologize to you. Turns out you are a nice guy and in fact you are the real deal. When I first met you I was a little suspicious that you might be a Wonkette bent on disrupting the march. I think you were joking in some thread somewhere pointing to yourslef saying you were a Wonkette, but I didn't think it was a joke until after I saw you at the march and realized that you were there like the rest of us to celebrate freedom.

I'm sorry Shem! At least we Ron Paul folk believe so strongly in free speech that even if you WERE a Wonkette we'd have respected your right of free expression, but I am very VERY glad that I was wrong and that you really are one of us.

constituent
07-20-2008, 06:20 AM

twice i've been on the side of the road (once my trans., another a flat tire), and had people stop (one guy changed my tire for me, and i'm a male) to make sure everything was ok, offer assistance and hang out until my ride got there. Both times, the individuals who stopped told me they noticed the Ron Paul sticker and "had to help out."

to the OP, i'm sure all worked out fine so don't sweat it. i'm sure serendipity stepped in and created a bit of magic for your friend lost at the airport and made the experience even more worthwhile than it would have been otherwise.

life is always about the trip.

ronpaulhawaii
07-20-2008, 06:39 AM
twice i've been on the side of the road (once my trans., another a flat tire), and had people stop (one guy changed my tire for me, and i'm a male) to make sure everything was ok, offer assistance and hang out until my ride got there. Both times, the individuals who stopped told me they noticed the Ron Paul sticker and "had to help out."
life is always about the trip.

:cool: [EMP. added]

:)

Danke
07-20-2008, 06:51 AM
:cool: [EMP. added]

:)

Ya, we know if he had Obama stickers and an Obama supporter drove by, they'd keep on driving expecting someone else to assist. (hopefully a third party from an official government agency setup for that very function).

Uncle_Rahn
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Someone was asking me about Uncle Rahn. In fact they kept on saying it..Uncle Rahn Uncle Rahn. Was that you?

AxXiom

Nah I don't ask about me...

But thanks for asking..

Un:cool:c