PDA

View Full Version : Your top Priority.

Indy4Chng
07-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Ok I did a hypothetical poll, if you could get one change in the freedom movement done, but only one what would it be.

Mine - I choose eliminate the federal reserve.

What's yours?

I'm sure I left some out I appoligize in advance.

Kade
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Transparency.

Conza88
07-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Transparency.

So, you'd just like them to tell us they're raping America & destroying the Constitution? Hmmm... :rolleyes:

Anyway; I said Abolish the Fed.

You can't fund wars without it.. can't fund the state, without it. :)

yongrel
07-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Removal of government intervention in the market.

powerofreason
07-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Why did you list "Abolish the IRS and institute the fair tax" ?

How about "Abolish the IRS and replace it with NOTHING"

Indy4Chng
07-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Because eliminating the IRS with nothing I felt is mulitpy items instead of just one, you can't end all taxes until many other things happen first.

Indy4Chng
07-14-2008, 12:50 PM

Good one.

mport1
07-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Tough choices. I want to abolish everything. I chose abolish the Federal Reserve since it causes tons of economic problems and also helps finance big government and war.

Bryan
07-14-2008, 01:03 PM

+1, it's my vote.

Because eliminating the IRS with nothing I felt is mulitpy items instead of just one, you can't end all taxes until many other things happen first.
Actually you can, it will just have different consequences. :)

The reason why this is my number one issue (the removal of all forced taxation) is in part because once it is gone many other issues fall by the waste side as they will no longer receive funding since they are bad ideas.

Forced taxation is even more important then eliminating the Fed, since if you eliminate forced taxation you then have the freedom to deal with whatever currency you wish within the free market. As it is now, you MUST obtain FRN's to pay taxes - get ride of that and the Fed can become irrelevant to anyone who wants to be free.

pauletteNV
07-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Remove George Bush as President and Replace him with Ron Paul

newyearsrevolution08
07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Other - Educate the PEOPLE of the country so they can WAKE UP and fix EVERYTHING on your poll.

pauletteNV
07-14-2008, 01:06 PM
sorry ......duplicate

Andrew-Austin
07-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Abolish the federal reserve. After this is done and Congress loses its magic money machine, I think we would [ End all wars we are currently involved in (Iraq & Afganistan) & Remove all non-combat troops from overseas and close related bases ]
soon enough because Congress couldn't fund these endeavors anymore w/o taxing people to hell.

If abolishing the fed is not possible any time soon, then I'll need some drugs to cope. So I'd pick decriminilization of drugs second. :D

Bryan
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Other - Educate the PEOPLE of the country so they can WAKE UP and fix EVERYTHING on your poll.
Yes- this too, that will lead to all being fixed, so I work to educate people on taxation slavery. :)

Abolish the federal reserve. After this is done and Congress loses its magic money machine,
But they'll still have the taxation machine to fund their operations-- so that is why I see it as more important. Without taxation, the Fed losses its power as a magic money machine since fiat FRNs would quickly drop in value, they get their value with the backing of tax collection.

constituent
07-14-2008, 01:16 PM
here's a question:

our taxes go essentially to servicing the debt, right?

so what would happen if we abolished taxes and could no longer service the debt?

i guess it would first mean hawking all public lands?

Bryan
07-14-2008, 01:25 PM
here's a question:

our taxes go essentially to servicing the debt, right?

so what would happen if we abolished taxes and could no longer service the debt?

i guess it would first mean hawking all public lands?

Yes, taxes and newly printed money, and rotating debt service the debt. If the debt was no longer serviced we'd default. This might make a few people upset :) and as one of "we the people" I'd say- go take it up with those who have been robbing us "we the people" blind for decades, we all know who they are. Once you collect from those billionaires come back and talk.

As for giving up public land- that is why wars are fought. My understanding however is that Clinton has put up our national parks for collateral on the national debt with some executive order but I haven't ever seen it (would love some info on that).

It will be a sad day for sure when the elite rich (Americans or not) shut us out of our national treasures (Grand Canyon, Yosemite Valley, etc) so they can have private vacation homes.

robert4rp08
07-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Abolish the federal reserve

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson

"The bank hath benefit of interest on all moneys which it creates out of nothing." William Paterson

"Money plays the largest part in determining the course of history." Karl Marx

"Money is a new form of slavery, and distinguishable from the old simply by the fact that it is impersonal - that there is no human relation between master and slave." Leo Tolstoy

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." Henry Ford

"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value ---- zero." Voltaire

"Paper money has had the effect in your state that it will ever have, to ruin commerce, oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice." George Washington

"With the exception only of the period of the gold standard, practically all governments of history have used their exclusive power to issue money to defraud and plunder the people." Friedrich Hayek

fr33domfightr
07-14-2008, 02:29 PM
I voted to eliminate the IRS. The reason? It is extremely powerful, the IRS yes, but the move is extremely powerful in that it restores power to the people. It is powerful in that by just changing that simple little thing, power would be restored to all taxpayers that receive a paycheck. That's millions folks!! And it's something that isn't hidden away in the money supply. People would see this change IMMEDIATELY. Once people start to see their power return, they would be much more inclined to other ideas (on your list) that would restore more power to them.

The main political parties probably already know this, so you can count on them to want to discourage this AT ALL COSTS!! Bring this up in the debates and watch the main 2 cringe at the idea.

I would vote for any candidate that would just tackle this one goal. It would be huge!!

FF

Theocrat
07-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Ok I did a hypothetical poll, if you could get one change in the freedom movement done, but only one what would it be.

Mine - I choose eliminate the federal reserve.

What's yours?

I'm sure I left some out I appoligize in advance.

I would have all 535 seats of Congress replaced with statesmen who advocate the same political platform and philosophies of government/economics as Congressman Paul and have him seated as our President.

freelance
07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Looks like this group has been paying attention.

weslinder
07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
My top priority is getting the Federal Government down to a size that is sustainable for the rest of my life. We either have to get rid of a lot of agencies, or reduce the size of even more agencies, but we have to make major cuts if the country is to last another 50 years.

aspiringconstitutionalist
07-14-2008, 03:19 PM
End The Fed. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=145551&highlight=anti-fed+grassroots+revolution)

By ending the Fed, we cut off the biggest feeder of the beast and starve leviathan. Without the Fed and its inflation, we would not be able to afford our wars, our big cabinet departments, etc., and if the government really wanted to continue all those things, they'd have to raise taxes to levels that would probably spark an actual, physical violent revolution.

tonesforjonesbones
07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Abolish the Federal Reserve!

TONES!

newbitech
07-14-2008, 03:28 PM
I'd put the money back in control of the people. Clearly abolishing the FED is the linchpin of Dr. Paul's strategy. Get rid of the purse and poof goes the strings and the people pulling them.

Next would be to get rid of the War on Drugs. I wouldn't legalize all drugs, but would also not lock up non violent offenders.

cska80
07-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Technically, abolishing the Dept. of Education should be #1. The public education system is one of the biggest reasons we have a population of mindless sheep.

newyearsrevolution08
07-14-2008, 04:12 PM
We need to first get a solid set of private and home school options for people to be able to enjoy first THEN show how they are SUPERIOR to public school WITHOUT it costing "college prices" for elementary kids to learn....

I think if we could setup something that is proven to perform FAR BETTER than the public school system (shouldn't be too hard lol) WHILE being affordable we could 100% dismantle the public education and the sheep that come out of it.

Now the question is, how many parents would be willing to pay for their kids to have a solid education? I was raised in a private school HOWEVER it was a southern christian school that spit out more propaganda than the public school system ever could. I am thankful I finally WOKE UP lol..

I am trying to locate a private option for my son WITHOUT a biblical background to it BUT they really do not exist unless I decide to home school OR locate a homeschooling option here in town that a fellow patriot has setup.

I don't want my kids going to public school but also don't want them filled to the brim with bible versus either..... Not really sure what to do about the issue but know that the only way to CHANGE our thinking and our childrens is to educate them FAR MORE than we have been.

Technically, abolishing the Dept. of Education should be #1. The public education system is one of the biggest reasons we have a population of mindless sheep.

Indy4Chng
07-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Wow... I am really supprised by the consensus of abolishing the fed. I thought we were a much divided over our priorities. But people have made great points on how this would start eradicating the rest of the evils in the world. Too bad the voting public don't have this kind of common sense.

cska80
07-14-2008, 04:46 PM
To be honest, the war doesn't concern me. Sure, spreading our forces throughout the world and interventionism does concern me, but no matter what we do as far as foreign policy, our country is going broke. Whether or not we have a free Iraq, it won't matter if our country collapses. War was never a top issue in my support for Ron Paul or this movement.

Indy4Chng
07-14-2008, 04:53 PM
To be honest, the war doesn't concern me. Sure, spreading our forces throughout the world and interventionism does concern me, but no matter what we do as far as foreign policy, our country is going broke. Whether or not we have a free Iraq, it won't matter if our country collapses. War was never a top issue in my support for Ron Paul or this movement.

+1 - I thought I was the only one!

His abolishment of the fed drew me, but the more he talks I agree with a non-interventionism policy now. But still the financial polices in this country are still my top priority. Probably cause IMHO it has the largest impact on my life. and at the end of the day we are all a little selfish.

cska80
07-14-2008, 05:08 PM
+1 - I thought I was the only one!

His abolishment of the fed drew me, but the more he talks I agree with a non-interventionism policy now. But still the financial polices in this country are still my top priority. Probably cause IMHO it has the largest impact on my life. and at the end of the day we are all a little selfish.

It's not selfish to worry about the money in your pocket. If you were a benevolent person, you can't do anything if you're broke.

mstrmac1
07-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Once you get rid of the federal reserve... the dominoes will fall for the others! If they don't control the money they can't control us... it's really that simple! They would easily give us any of those others listed before they would abolish the federal reserve.

Anti Federalist
07-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Abolish the fed.

Destroy the ability to run deficits and print worthless money and you destroy the welfare/warfare state.

mediahasyou
07-14-2008, 08:26 PM

There it is!