PDA

View Full Version : Estimate the size of the DC March

HenryKnoxFineBooks
07-14-2008, 05:56 AM
Lets get everyone who was there, give an estimate of the size of the crowd at the Capitol rally.

We can average em out like RealClearPolitics.

I have some job experience estimating crowds from concerts and outside events. I put the figure at 8,000.

New York For Paul
07-14-2008, 09:01 AM
From the capitol hill police and how they estimate.

The front capitol grounds holds 25,000 people.

The center part holds 10,000

There were people in all three groups, and they were sitting very close together under the trees to get shade along the sides.

The walkways are al thirty feet wide and there were lots of people walking up and down the walkways or just hanging out in the shade.

Crash Martinez
07-14-2008, 09:41 AM
As many people in attendance are aware, my brother and I were at the pre-rally march handing out flyers for his congressional campaign. We brought between 1,500 and 2,000 flyers, and we ran out of them within 45 minutes. Many more people showed up after our flyers were exhausted. I am convinced there were approximately 7,000 people at the height of the crowd (namely, during Dr. Paul's awe-inspiring speech).

Peter Gay

newyearsrevolution08
07-14-2008, 11:32 AM
7576 people were there, I counted everyone. I don't think it really matters either way, all I hope is that MORE people get involved in getting our country back whether in this ONE election cycle or start focusing on the next.....

Get ready for St. Paul everyone, we need to have an after hours party there though..... Like a LARGE after hours party somewhere...

HenryKnoxFineBooks
07-15-2008, 09:20 AM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
07-15-2008, 09:22 AM
We should redo this as a public poll, I'd love to know who is estimating under a 1000...

CurtisLow
07-15-2008, 09:27 AM
//

newyearsrevolution08
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM
+1

no shit, I can see SOME underestimation BUT under 1k is just stirring the pot.... lol

We should redo this as a public poll, I'd love to know who is estimating under a 1000...

New York For Paul
07-15-2008, 09:47 AM
I think these two videos say it all. OK people start counting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpJGL0jIjI

Part II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OllkHmdjAc&NR=1

TruthisTreason
07-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Who ever votes less than a 1000 should be ban from the site.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kim4Paul
07-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I think these two videos say it all. OK people start counting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFpJGL0jIjI

Part II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OllkHmdjAc&NR=1

Yes, there are clearly thousands in these 2 videos alone (part 1 and part 2). The video shows nearly 15 minutes of people passing by a single point of the march. And at the end of the second one, there are still people in the distance - stretching off as far as the eye can see. I was near the end, and it hadn't even gotten to me yet.

dgingerich
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
The march route was about 1.1 miles according to my map. At one point, we stretched almost the entire distance of the route. Let's say 0.8 miles, just for arguments sake. If there were only about 2000 people as some are saying, then we would have had to be marching single file about 2.1 feet apart to stretch that distance. If you look at ANY of the pictures or video from the march, you know that's ridiculous! We were at least 0.8 miles long and usually 10 - 15 people across. Do the math! I voted 10,000 - 12,000 to be on the conservative side, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 15,000 or more. It was a great turnout, and I'm glad it was a Saturday because a lot more tourists got to see and hear it. I had several people come up to me and ask what was going on because I was sitting on the fringes in the shade. I also had a couple people ask me about my shirt on the Metro afterward. All in all, it was a great event with a very positive effect. No, Congress wasn't there, but does anybody really believe they're listening?! As for the people voting for less than 5,000, I hope you never count my change at Wal-Mart! :rolleyes: