PDA

View Full Version : It's official! The NH Debate that is

Bobby Johnson
08-28-2007, 04:28 PM
The September 5th NH debate is now up on Congressman Paul's campaign website. I know it was discussed about before but I am now glad to see "official" confirmation from the campaign. Not that I am the suspicious type but I wondered if it would cancelled like the Nevada debate was.

Now, here's hoping it airs during primetime like the homepage states and not in the wee hours of the morning. :D I am very excited since it will be the first time for me to be able to see Congressman Paul on television since I became a supporter three weeks ago.

Bobby

njandrewg
08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
its hosted by FOX, so chances are he'll get his usual 3 minutes

Johnnybags
08-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Last debate, Romney had 12 minutes to Rons 3. Its FAUX News Brit,Goler and Wallace and they will ask him stupid questions and cut him off. Take a blood pressure pill before watching.

WannaBfree
08-28-2007, 04:35 PM
The September 5th NH debate is now up on Congressman Paul's campaign website. I know it was discussed about before but I am now glad to see "official" confirmation from the campaign. Not that I am the suspicious type but I wondered if it would cancelled like the Nevada debate was.

Now, here's hoping it airs during primetime like the homepage states and not in the wee hours of the morning. :D I am very excited since it will be the first time for me to be able to see Congressman Paul on television since I became a supporter three weeks ago.

Bobby

Welcome aboard Bobby! How d'ja hear about the good doctor?

Cowlesy
08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Someone needs to do a mock-up of Ron Paul's head on Bruce Lee beating down 3 guys with Brit's, Wendell's and Chris Wallace's heads like the one they did with Mitt Romney

Bobby Johnson
08-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Yes, while it is true that Congressman Paul's debate times are unfair compared to the other candidates, he seems to do well with the limited time he is given. I tend to be optomistic so it is my thought that any national exposure at this point will only help Congressman Paul's campaign. Hopefully any viewers will be curious enough to look him up on the Internet.

Bobby

Bobby Johnson
08-28-2007, 04:55 PM
WannaBfree,
A friend sent me an email shortly before the Iowa Straw Poll about the possibilty of Congressman Paul coming in last. I had absolutely no idea who he was but I decided to look him up on the Internet anyway. Since the idea of having a second President Clinton in 2009 already gave me nightmares, I was easy prey after listening to two of Congressman Paul's speechs.

Since I am 27 years old, my previous election experience has been limited to voting in the 2000 and 2004 general election. Congressman Ron Paul has me so excited that I tell anybody I meet about him. I plan to not only to pass out flyers till I see "Ron Paul 2008" in my dreams but also vote in Indiana's primary for the first time in my life next June.

Bobby

born2drv
08-28-2007, 04:56 PM
well at least tommy thompson won't be there so maybe he'll get 3.5 minutes this time instead of 3 ;)

mtmedlin
08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
WannaBfree,
A friend sent me an email shortly before the Iowa Straw Poll about the possibilty of Congressman Paul coming in last. I had absolutely no idea who he was but I decided to look him up on the Internet anyway. Since the idea of having a second President Clinton in 2009 already gave me nightmares, I was easy prey after listening to two of Congressman Paul's speechs.

Since I am 27 years old, my previous election experience has been limited to voting in the 2000 and 2004 general election. Congressman Ron Paul has me so excited that I tell anybody I meet about him. I plan to not only to pass out flyers till I see "Ron Paul 2008" in my dreams but also vote in Indiana's primary for the first time in my life next June.

Bobby

What part of Indiana, I grew up outside of Bloomington in a little corn field call Martinsville.

Silverback
08-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Someone needs to do a mock-up of Ron Paul's head on Bruce Lee beating down 3 guys with Brit's, Wendell's and Chris Wallace's heads like the one they did with Mitt Romney

I'd love to see someone photoshop the FOX people as characters from the wizard of OZ (which was actually a commentary on monetary policy BTW, most people don't know that, the slippers were SILVER in the book.)

But can't you just picture it?

O'Rielly as the tin man.
Hannity as the cowardly lion.
Colmes as the scarecrow (professional straw man)
Rupert Murdoch as the man behind the curtain...

WannaBfree
08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
WannaBfree,

Bobby

That's great! You know Bobby, the campaign has been growing by "leaps and bounds" with people spreading the word, and now there are more and more new supporters such as yourself doing that as well, which makes me really happy as well as more optimistic.

RP said in an interview today that they need $35-40 million (I think that's what it was) to be really competitive. We're probably at around $6 million now (just a guess), so remember to promote donations as well if you can. I always mention that they'll get more than their money back in income tax savings if RP wins ;)

DjLoTi
08-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Yesss Bobby I hope to hear of more people like you!!! :D

danda
08-28-2007, 06:06 PM
I'd love to see someone photoshop the FOX people as characters from the wizard of OZ (which was actually a commentary on monetary policy BTW, most people don't know that, the slippers were SILVER in the book.)

This intrigued me, and I looked it up. It appears to a subject of debate actually.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wonderful_Wizard_of_Oz#Sources_of_images_and_i deas

Some scholars have theorized that the images and characters used by Baum and Denslow closely resembled political images that were well known in the 1890s, specifically that the "yellow brick road" represents the gold standard, and that the wizard and other characters represent identifiable politicians of the day. The wicked witches of the east and west represented the local banks and the railroad industry, both of which drove small farmers out of business. In the novel, Dorothy taps her silver slippers, which represented the new silver standard, together in order to return home. Some biographers and scholars of Baum disagree, pointing to details of Baum's biography, his own statements and writing about the purpose of his book, and the lack of contemporary press discussing these perceived metaphors.

For a longer treatise, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_interpretations_of_The_Wonderful_Wizard_ of_Oz#U.S._monetary_policy_references

Of particular interest was this bit of speculation:

Historian Hugh Rockoff interprets the story of the The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, in the Journal of Political Economy:

Dorothy: traditional American values
Toto: Prohibitionist party (also called Teetotalers)
Scarecrow: western farmers
Tin Woodsman: industrial workers
Cowardly Lion: William Jennings Bryan
Munchkins: citizens of the East
The Lollipop Guild: child labor
Wicked Witch of the East: Eastern business and financial interests, Grover Cleveland
Wicked Witch of the West: William McKinley
Wizard: Mark Hanna (chairman of the Republican party)
Oz: abbreviation for ounce of gold
Yellow Brick Road: gold standard
Cyclone: the free silver movement
Emerald City: Washington D.C.
Emerald Palace: the White House
Silver Slippers: the free coinage of silver

At the end of the story, Dorothy finds her way home, but it is not by just following the Yellow Brick Road. After her journey, Dorothy finds that the Wizard is incapable of helping her or her friends. In the end, she finds that the magical powers of her silver slippers help her. Since the silver slippers are the vote, she realizes that she had the power to fix the problems all along.

john_anderson_ii
08-28-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm ever the optimist, but isn't NH friendly territory for us? I hope Faux news feels the pressure in that State and starts giving RP his fair share of time.

Stealth4
08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
I think I've mentioned it before, but Im 25, voted democratic, registered democrat (for now). learned about Dr. Paul when researching buying a house, learned about the housing bubble, didnt buy a house, did start researching Ron Paul. After a month of occasional research I joined a meetup group, attended a few events, volunteered with the campaign a little, donated 3 times now. I've told my officemate, he researched Ron Paul, now he's volunteered with me. At least 6 other people at work now at least know about Ron Paul and have a favorable opinion. (I have an RP button on my backback, thats it for office advertising).

I joined the meetup group at the beginning of August. There's got to be other people like me out there, so I know its spreading. I just worry about growing in a healthy way - we cant be too in peoples face. Your not going to win them over in 15 minutes. If we can first just make people aware of who he is, then point them in the direction to learn more if they want, Dr. Paul will get many more ardent supporters (like me).

I think being able to "Discover Ron Paul" on my own was what has made me such an ardent suporter.

wgadget
08-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Paint the Town Ron-----September 29, 2007

Then they'll know!

AlexAmore
08-28-2007, 09:42 PM
My party of 3 have been confirmed for the three $50 debate tickets. :D

Chester Copperpot
08-28-2007, 09:49 PM

Bobby

Welcome aboard!