PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura's possible Senate run

Anti Federalist
07-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Jesse Ventura to decide on Monday:

The Minessota Senate race this year was a Weekly Standard dream: Republican neocon incumbent Norm Coleman vs. Democratic neocon challenger Al Franken. The war party couldn't lose.

But now ex-governor and ex-wrester Jesse Ventura may run as an independent. We'll find out Monday night on the Larry King Show. Coleman is the colorless warmonger who was sliced and diced by George Galloway over Iraq, in one of the great moments in politics.

Comedian Franken, however, is in trouble because of the jokes he's told, since this is the US of PC. I remember him as the warmonger who kept anti-war thought to a minimum on Air America. In a three-way cage match, these two chickenhawks would be wiped out by Jesse. Here are some excerpts from his interview in Newsweek.

People are finally starting to feel the pain over this war. Now our economy is in the toilet and the war has played a major role in it. We should have never gone in. This was a war built on fraud....

I find it just bizarre that with the presidential approval rating less than 30 percent and congressional rating even less that Franken's trailing by double digits, so clearly he's not electable. With Coleman, you have a guy I call the quintessential chicken hawk. When it was time to serve his country, he was a chicken because he protested the war and stayed out of fighting. And then he came back all this time later and he's a hawk for the war. That hypocrisy is why I would want to come back and beat him.....

I will not spend the money that these people will spend. I live by simple creed that my father told me years ago. My father once said to me, "All politicians are crooks." I said, "Come on, Dad, how can you make a blanket statement like that?" He said because they spend a million dollars for a job that pays $100,000 a year. It's based completely on panhandling and bribery. I despise that. I have a standard rule that I will not spend more than I make. The Senate pays roughly $170,000, so that would mean I would have the ability to go to a million bucks. Coleman and Franken may spend as high as $25 million combined. Imagine how angry they would be if I won again.....

And a "Ron Paulian":

Writes Marlow: "Your post referred to a Facebook page for Jesse Ventura. That Facebook page cites an appearance by Jesse on Al Jazeera Show. 4/09/2008 captured on Youtube. In that Youtube, starting at 6:05 and ending at 7:40, Jesse Ventura discusses Ron Paul, and, while saying Ron has dropped out of the race, states that Ron was the best of all the candidates and that he would align himself with Ron Paul if Paul were still running."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6_gTstYDws

I, for one hope he does, and will support his run if he does.

apc3161
07-13-2008, 09:36 AM
I've seen some interviews with him, he seems pretty legit. I would donate.

MRoCkEd
07-13-2008, 09:37 AM
yeah.. i've been waiting anxiously for his decision... which he announces tomorrow night on larry king live