PDA

View Full Version : The final numbers at the march and rally?

awake
07-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Did some just do the march?

Acala
07-13-2008, 05:51 AM
Many people did the march and then came and went from the rally. You really HAD to because there was no food and no bathroom at the rally. When I went down the road to eat at a museum, I saw MANY CFL supporters not only eating but in the exhibits. So I would say that there was a flux in and out of the rally.

RadioDJforPaul
07-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Acala. I saw you standing behind me in the water fountain line. I was going to say hello, but you were having a conversation with another person. It was cool to see some of the badges that were made for forum members there.

rayzer
07-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Jim Guest estimated 6,000 to 8,000 and the DC police estimated about 10,000. The march line took about 30 minutes to file into the rally area from beginning to end.

punkskarockemo
07-13-2008, 02:45 PM
It was great though the 9/11 truthers did pull some antics something that should not be brought up in a march about Ron Paul they need to learn to save their antics for others events.

murph
07-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, the truthers were true to form ...

ingrid
07-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Did some just do the march?

I'm curious to find out the answer to that question too.

At the rally, I asked a variety of people how many people they thought attended and most said around 8-10,000. I had one person say 1,500 and one girl said 25,000. Not too many people were in the center area because of the sun. There were a lot of people in the shade. It's kinda hard to tell, since people were spread out so much. Also, many came and went. It was much easier to tell at the Philly rally since people were in the same area and close together. I walked around the area during various times during the rally, so my guess is around 9,500 total.

ItsTime
07-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Jim Guest estimated 6,000 to 8,000 and the DC police estimated about 10,000. The march line took about 30 minutes to file into the rally area from beginning to end.

do you have a link to the dc police est? I know they are pretty good at est. But I bet there were more filtering in and out than that if that is their est.

Gin
07-13-2008, 03:13 PM
do you have a link to the dc police est? I know they are pretty good at est. But I bet there were more filtering in and out than that if that is their est.

Susan Wolfe also stated 10 -12,000... which is what I figured as folks filtered in after the march. I have a bunch of pics I will be posting a little later. I just posted on my myspace, but it will be later before I can get them on photobucket....I have to go out for a bit....

ItsTime
07-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Susan Wolfe also stated 10 -12,000... which is what I figured as folks filtered in after the march. I have a bunch of pics I will be posting a little later. I just posted on my myspace, but it will be later before I can get them on photobucket....I have to go out for a bit....

Ya I saw some pretty good pictures :) It looked like a lot! Sorry I missed it now. But ill see you all Sept 2nd