PDA

View Full Version : Barr Needs $45,000 to get on the West Virginia Ballot!

Knightskye
07-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Dear Friend,

Thank you. Your personal support for me, my campaign, and for the issues that I represent are truly heartening.

In just the first few weeks since this campaign began, I am pleased to report we have faced a few challenges, but also made great progress.

First, the good news. The highly respected Zogby polling organization (see www.zogby.com) released the results of its latest comprehensive national voter opinion survey and we have already won the support of 6% of likely voters. And when the results are broken out to the state level, we are up to eight, nine and even 10% in several states!

This is virtually unprecedented for such a young campaign by a third party candidate in the modern era. It reveals that there is a strong thirst for our brand of limited government, more freedom leadership.

It says to the establishment candidates and the big-party bosses that they no longer have an iron-clad lock on the electorate. The hundreds of millions of dollars already spent by the Democrats and Republicans compare to less than one million we have raised.

They may be sitting high and mighty with big fat bank accounts filled by corrupting special interests, but we have a grass-roots momentum on our side.

And that is exactly what they seem to fear. They are doing all they can to silence me in the media, exclude me from public debates and even block voters from being able to cast a common ballot for me!

That's the challenge I was referring to earlier. West Virginia

You see, today we face a fast approaching deadline to win a spot on the ballots in the state of West Virginia. We are down to needing less than 30,000 more signatures.

I know that if you could, you'd hop in your car and drive there to help us. And, if you can, please know your volunteer support is needed.

But if you can't, perhaps you could help us with a campaign contribution so that we can hire college-aged workers to hit the streets and collect the signatures needed to assure us a place on the ballot.

My campaign manager tells me that we need $45,000 dollars in the next ten days to fully fund this effort.

It is just one of many steps in the last four months of this truly challenging campaign ... but it is an important one.

Your gift today of $50, $100, $250 or even $500 when combined with other supporters will help me get my name on the ballot and our message out.

When the national media and other elites see the progress we've made it will be difficult for the establishment to keep our views from being heard in the national debates.

Please consider what you can send and let me hear back from you as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Bob Barr

Let's give him a hand! :D

NewFederalist
07-13-2008, 07:11 AM
This is a fairly gutsy move. Baldwin is almost certain to be on the ballot in WV and the Greens are already on by way of the Mountain Party. It would look bad for Barr to not have ballot status in view of that but it takes over 15,000 valid signatures (over 20,000 total signatures) by August 1. This will not be easy. It will be a true test of just how well organized his campaign really is.

nate4ron
07-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Rargh! Don't help that neoconservative, statist, ex-CIA, big-government fraud! He's worse that McCain and Obama combined!

Allen72289
07-13-2008, 10:55 AM
waste of money.

pahs1994
07-13-2008, 12:39 PM
he would ghet more money if his online store was opened. what is happening with that?

Knightskye
07-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Rargh! Help that small government, capitalist, experienced, champion of liberty! He's better than McCain and Obama combined!

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

itshappening
07-14-2008, 07:40 PM
seems like he needs some help!! lets hope folks step up to the plate!

muh_roads
07-14-2008, 08:36 PM
So do republicans and democrats have to pay to get on ballots to? Or are they automatically on there just because they are D & R?

Knightskye
07-14-2008, 08:59 PM
So do republicans and democrats have to pay to get on ballots to? Or are they automatically on there just because they are D & R?

They get tens of millions of votes during presidential elections, so I think that "earned" them a spot on the ballot. I think this year, we might get the Libertarian Party its own column, instead of being in small print under "Nomination by Petition".

clytle374
07-14-2008, 09:00 PM
So how do we sign? I can get at least 5 right now, And possibly a few dozen.

I have no money.

familydog
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I wonder if he is still trying to raise enough money for that air conditioner. :confused:

Anyway, maybe it would be better to spend this money in states he is polling the highest without having to get on the ballot first.

mdmarino
07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Let's help him out in WV. This seems pretty worthwhile to me. I grew up there, so I kinda know the "culture." Recall, in the democratic primaries, that they OVERWHELMINGLY voted against Obama (went to Hillary by more than 40 percentage points). I won't speak to the motivation of WV Hillary supporters, but there IS a chance that Barr could make a decent showing in WV...IF ONLY THEY KNOW HE EXISTS.

Of course McCain will likely win WV, but I saw some hope as I visited family this weekend. The typically Dem-voting bloc isn't particularly enthralled with Obama. I even got a few to consider Barr this weekend after talking with them and turning on the Barr CSPAN interview for them to watch. My mom (a Dem) even now tells me when she sees Barr on TV.

Let's give them the chance. Who knows, maybe WV could become a new Libertarian hotbed. ;)

latkinson6
07-15-2008, 05:37 PM
he would ghet more money if his online store was opened. what is happening with that?

the store opened today!
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/store/
Im getting 50 yard signs on payday!
Barr sign bomb in seattle soon!! haha

Yes sir, I love Bob Barr!

ARealConservative
07-15-2008, 05:51 PM
bump :D