PDA

View Full Version : No press (as usual)

Sematary
07-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I saw a few reporters around - a couple of them women who should have SERIOUSLY joined "Hotties 4 Paul". :-)
No real press tho. 8 - 10,000 people show up to bake in D.C. and not a mention. It's scurillous.

But - there were the hotties. :-)

RickyJ
07-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I have been noticing them all day. :)

bias2112
07-12-2008, 08:45 PM
yeah, google news it and you get one result. unbelievable

electronicmaji
07-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Hes not in the race anymore, they just don't care.

In them edias eyes and in the peoples eyes its not newsworthy.

TheSkeptic
07-12-2008, 08:51 PM
I said it in another thread, but I agree that the media doesn't care about RP. They DO care about the "story" of fracture and division within the GOP, which gives them something to talk about besides the usual "Obama said today/McCain said today."

NH4RonPaul
07-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I saw a few reporters around - a couple of them women who should have SERIOUSLY joined "Hotties 4 Paul". :-)
No real press tho. 8 - 10,000 people show up to bake in D.C. and not a mention. It's scurillous.

Is this not unbelievable?

NO PRESS? How do you ignore 10,000 people?

I guess when you are a singer and the CIA comes to your door to tell you that you are not allowed to release a song by Ron Paul, that says it all.

TheSkeptic
07-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Were are you guys getting these numbers? I've heard 8, 10, even 20,000 people. There was nowhere NEAR that. I'm not saying this rally wasn't newsworthy, but geez....

electronicmaji
07-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Is this not unbelievable?

NO PRESS? How do you ignore 10,000 people?

I guess when you are a singer and the CIA comes to your door to tell you that you are not allowed to release a song by Ron Paul, that says it all.

there have been marches of like...what......nearly 200,000 anti war protestors? In DC and they got ignored equally.

Sematary
07-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Were are you guys getting these numbers? I've heard 8, 10, even 20,000 people. There was nowhere NEAR that. I'm not saying this rally wasn't newsworthy, but geez....

An experienced cop gave me 5000 before the actual rally had begun. It filled in quite a bit but there were probably a couple thousand lining the area under the trees because of the heat, making the center look smaller. I'd say 8000 is a fair estimate. When we put the Philly Rally together back in November, the Independence mall was packed and held a little over 3000 people. This area was much larger. Again, I'd say 8k is a good guess.
Just saying.

VegasBoy
07-12-2008, 09:07 PM
8000 people?

Thats disappointing.

mport1
07-12-2008, 09:09 PM

I thought there were 2,000 or less?

RickyJ
07-12-2008, 09:13 PM
It was really hard to count them all since so many were going and coming becasue of the heat and many of them were on the outer perimeters in the back and both sides where there was some shade.

Sematary
07-12-2008, 09:18 PM
I thought there were 2,000 or less?

No - it was far more than. Even before the actual March had ended I was speaking to one of the cops and his trained eye gave me an estimate of 5000 more or less at that point. More came afterwards, of course, and the fact that AT LEAST a couple thousand were ringing the area in the shade would easily put an end to THAT estimate. I would say 8k is a fair estimate and like many, I'm disappointed at THAT number.

rajibo
07-12-2008, 09:36 PM
No - it was far more than. Even before the actual March had ended I was speaking to one of the cops and his trained eye gave me an estimate of 5000 more or less at that point. More came afterwards, of course, and the fact that AT LEAST a couple thousand were ringing the area in the shade would easily put an end to THAT estimate. I would say 8k is a fair estimate and like many, I'm disappointed at THAT number.

According to the website I found this photo, this is 10000 people. There was nowhere near this many people there.

http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/article_images/2007-4-25-tw425-02.jpg

Dr.3D
07-12-2008, 09:40 PM
According to the website I found this photo, this is 10000 people. There was nowhere near this many people there.

What in the world are those people doing? Making believe they are driving a truck while standing up? :rolleyes:

TheSkeptic
07-12-2008, 09:45 PM
That is a John McCain rally.

TheSkeptic
07-12-2008, 09:46 PM
I really don't get these outlandish estimates. There were NOT that many people there.

RickyJ
07-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I really don't get these outlandish estimates. There were NOT that many people there.

Yeah there weren't that many people there. Maybe 2 thousand, but even that number is probably too high. Nevertheless I thought it wasn't a bad turnout to hear a former candidate for President. The speakers were all really good except jack did go off the deep end just a bit.

rajibo
07-12-2008, 09:50 PM
That is a John McCain rally.

Cmon now, you know John McCain can't attract that many.:p

Anti Federalist
07-12-2008, 11:51 PM
there have been marches of like...what......nearly 200,000 anti war protestors? In DC and they got ignored equally.

At the RNC in NYC 2004 there were over a quarter of million people marching.

Covered Sixth Ave. for almost a mile. I know, I was there.

Almost zero non-local media coverage.

BKom
07-13-2008, 12:01 AM
This is crazy. Just about nobody wanted to hear it before, but this march was a stupid idea when it was proposed, and it was planned in the best possible way to get zero coverage. Anyone who thinks Ron is some kind of political mastermind should now be thoroughly disabused of that notion. Being correct on the issues does not necessarily make one an organizational or strategic mastermind. Now we have proof.

I got lambasted for suggesting all that "March on D.C." energy be put into supporting RP Republicans for congress and local office. And now that the entire thing laid an egg, people need to re-evaluate this kind of activity.

Marching on a Saturday, at this time of year is a sure fire way to get no coverage. THE MEDIA TAKES WEEKENDS OFF. They leave the city. They leave the news to the scrubs. Ever wonder why the administration buries bad news by releasing it between Friday evening and Sunday morning? THAT'S WHY! And after the campaign and spending all of our time and a lot of our money, who the heck had the wherewithal to get to D.C? Just about nobody.

And lastly, MARCHING ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING. Did nobody learn from the campaign itself? Sign waving? Marching? Calling on the phone and knocking on your neighbors doors makes all the difference, the rest is garbage. When it comes down to it, there is only one question that means anything: How many troops has Ron Paul? We now have the answer. And so do "they."

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Ron Paul ending his campaign hurt this march, and probably every other effort. It's going to take a hell of a good Ron Paul Republican or multiple candidates to get our momentum level back up. Ending the campaign in early June was senseless because the CFL isn't fully formed yet and may not be sufficiently up and running to impact the November election anyway. I really wish he had followed through and carried the campaign to the convention.

I believe more and more everyday that Ron Paul was threatened in Congress and by party hacks into suspending his campaign. Especially as we are reeling from the deflation of energy and interest, as evident in projects like the Revolution March today.

Matt Collins
07-13-2008, 01:43 AM
But - there were the hotties. :-)YouTube it or it didn't happen! :D

EvilEngineer
07-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Sad to say but, we've soured much of the appeal for media to show up at our events. I mean would you show up at a rally where people have called you horrible names, sent death threats, stalked you and your family, or basically shut down your office with emails and phone spam?

We reap what we've sown with the media. They think we're crazy, because we DO have crazy an irresponsible people among us who don't think their actions through, which always end up coming back on us in a bad light.

Matt Collins
07-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Sad to say but, we've soured much of the appeal for media to show up at our events. I mean would you show up at a rally where people have called you horrible names, sent death threats, stalked you and your family, or basically shut down your office with emails and phone spam?No. They don't show up because of this:
http://www.jibjab.com/originals/what_we_call_the_news

RadioDJforPaul
07-13-2008, 05:41 AM
1,500 people? ORLY?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3116/2660786029_676f8f067a.jpg?v=0

NickHaynes
07-13-2008, 06:53 AM
I am really surprised with the negativity surrounding this March...For being in the middle of summer, with gas prices and every other price up, and it being incredibly hot. The March and Rally was a total success! And think of all the tourists that had witnessed this, and will go home and go "What is this about?" This isn't a battle we'll win very soon, this will take a lot of time. Good work guys and gals on putting the march together, and good job to all of those that attended!

Anytime thousands of liberty-minded people get together for a cause, it can NEVER be bad!

mstrmac1
07-13-2008, 06:03 PM
I was there .... there were at the very least 5000 and up to 8000.

So everyone knows the rally was 5 hours and it was 95 degrees outside. Like myself i left for a hour to cool off. For those of you who didnt go and are bitching about the #... Well you know!

Sematary
07-13-2008, 07:08 PM
I was there .... there were at the very least 5000 and up to 8000.

So everyone knows the rally was 5 hours and it was 95 degrees outside. Like myself i left for a hour to cool off. For those of you who didnt go and are bitching about the #... Well you know!

Awesome post. I took the time to show up as well. Drove from Ct. Met people from Alaska, California, Florida, Mo. et.....

It was FAR more than 2000 and as much as 8000. This isn't my first rally for Ron Paul and I've seen some crowds. A thousand people fit into a little hall in Boston during the tea party. I know. I was there. I was in Philadelphia and I was in D.C. where were all the negative nancies in d.c.? This was a great rally and the ron paul supporters filled the streets from the Washington Monument to the Capital!

look at the march picture again. There were easily well OVER 5000 people there.
For the 8k or so who pledged and didn't show up - YOU SUCK.

ronpaulhawaii
07-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry I didn't see you, Bob :(

8000 is a good estimate, the 2000 pax reports are absurd.

This event was successful on many levels. Yes, it would have been better had we broke the 10k bar, so what. One thing to consider is the physical growth we displayed between the Grannies and this march. If the Twin Cities events are even bigger...

Helping to fill Constitution Ave, from the Washington Monument to the Capitol, is one of the coolest things I have ever done. 8000 r3VOLutionaries got our batteries seriously recharged on that little stroll. The "salutes" in front of the IRS had the tourists cracking up.

Speaking of tourists, thousands upon thousands were exposed to our presence and message. I talked to more than a few who are receptive and appreciative of our efforts to restore integrity to gov't.

I was too busy to pay much attention to the speeches. I only cringed once... Basically it was a fantastic line up. Informative and inspiring words to help us move forward. My mom listened to them all and really liked Adam Kokesh and Marcie Brooks. Naomi Wolf was a hit and I applaud those who invited her.

One of the biggest benefits of events like this is the networking, and personal relationships, that are developed. They play a large parts in politics. The booksigning and side parties saw a lot of that...

Considering the wrenches that were thrown at us, this was an amazing success. Thank you to all who came, all who donated, all who helped out, and all who appreciate the efforts of those that braved the heat of the day, suffered the naysayers, and matched their words with action.

The March kicked ass

Sematary
07-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Sorry I didn't see you, Bob :(

The March kicked ass

I'll be at the Lincoln memorial later today if you want to look for me. :-)

And the people who pledged and didn't bother STILL SUCK!!

brandon
07-14-2008, 08:37 AM
I would say about 4000 people showed up. I have some good pics from the crowd at the washington monument in the morning. I was the guy up in the tree taking pics. You can see the whole crowd in the pictures, i'll post them later

Sematary
07-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I would say about 4000 people showed up. I have some good pics from the crowd at the washington monument in the morning. I was the guy up in the tree taking pics. You can see the whole crowd in the pictures, i'll post them later

Hey, Brandon, long time no talk.
Hows things? Good to see you're still here and involved. Sorry I didn't run into you at the rally.

New York For Paul
07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
This is crazy. Just about nobody wanted to hear it before, but this march was a stupid idea when it was proposed, and it was planned in the best possible way to get zero coverage. Anyone who thinks Ron is some kind of political mastermind should now be thoroughly disabused of that notion. Being correct on the issues does not necessarily make one an organizational or strategic mastermind. Now we have proof.

I got lambasted for suggesting all that "March on D.C." energy be put into supporting RP Republicans for congress and local office. And now that the entire thing laid an egg, people need to re-evaluate this kind of activity.

Marching on a Saturday, at this time of year is a sure fire way to get no coverage. THE MEDIA TAKES WEEKENDS OFF. They leave the city. They leave the news to the scrubs. Ever wonder why the administration buries bad news by releasing it between Friday evening and Sunday morning? THAT'S WHY! And after the campaign and spending all of our time and a lot of our money, who the heck had the wherewithal to get to D.C? Just about nobody.

And lastly, MARCHING ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING. Did nobody learn from the campaign itself? Sign waving? Marching? Calling on the phone and knocking on your neighbors doors makes all the difference, the rest is garbage. When it comes down to it, there is only one question that means anything: How many troops has Ron Paul? We now have the answer. And so do "they."

The March encouraged people to show up to Washington. On Friday, a group of early birds went to lobby capitol hill and went to Senator's offices and Congressmen's offices to discuss fighting the North American Union and respecting the constitution. Those people have now been encouraged to fight.

Another group picketed the Federal Reserve where Federal Reserve Police said this was one of the largest demonstrations ever against the Federal Reserve. Those working inside could obviously see what was going on and news probably spread the news among the Federal Reserve staff that there were protesters outside.

We were met by at least nine to twelve officers who guarded the front entrance and the grounds.

The march tried to get people to come earlier in the week and made several attempts to get people to sign up for campaign training, lobbying and other activities.

The networking was useful. There were many informal meetings where the campaign was critiqued and I expect that information will get back to Dr. Paul personally.

BKom
07-14-2008, 05:59 PM
The March encouraged people to show up to Washington. On Friday, a group of early birds went to lobby capitol hill and went to Senator's offices and Congressmen's offices to discuss fighting the North American Union and respecting the constitution. Those people have now been encouraged to fight.

Another group picketed the Federal Reserve where Federal Reserve Police said this was one of the largest demonstrations ever against the Federal Reserve. Those working inside could obviously see what was going on and news probably spread the news among the Federal Reserve staff that there were protesters outside.

We were met by at least nine to twelve officers who guarded the front entrance and the grounds.

The march tried to get people to come earlier in the week and made several attempts to get people to sign up for campaign training, lobbying and other activities.

The networking was useful. There were many informal meetings where the campaign was critiqued and I expect that information will get back to Dr. Paul personally.

I admire the energy. But if it isn't big enough to either cause disruption or get coverage, it never happened. All that lobbying? As soon as the representatives who had been lobbied were apprised of the numbers on the mall Saturday, you lost your bluff. Politics is a numbers game. Politicians know that.

I wish the outcome had been a great awakening and major coverage and politicians hitting their knees and asking for our forgiveness. But wishes are not real. And this event really never happened. If you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself. And you need to know how badly I wish that weren't true.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
07-14-2008, 06:00 PM

i saw this crazy guy! Thought he might have been dared to go up.

Nirvikalpa
07-14-2008, 06:08 PM

LMAO, swear to God, I saw you and said to my boyfriend "probably a nut from the Forums," and was deciding if I should ask or not. I didn't, but still... :p

+1 to me.

CUnknown
07-14-2008, 07:12 PM
The alternate convention in St. Paul -will- get media attention, don't doubt it. The march didn't, but the convention will. It's important for as many people as possible to show up at the convention.

The convention will get media attention because the liberal press (MSNBC, New York Times for example) will find the message that "the Republicans are divided" useful and interesting. The message of the march was "We love Ron Paul! We want to save our country!" and the press doesn't care about that. As much as we try to focus on the Campaign for Liberty as the major goal of the convention, the liberal press will focus obsessively on the divisiveness of the event, not on the positive aspects of it. There will be endless talk of "Is Ron Paul going to run as an independent? Is he going to endorse anyone? Where are these Ron Paul supporter votes going, anyway?" and very little talk of peace, freedom, and prosperity.

But, hey, at least they will cover it. That is better than being ignored, imo.

brandon
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
LMAO, swear to God, I saw you and said to my boyfriend "probably a nut from the Forums," and was deciding if I should ask or not. I didn't, but still... :p

+1 to me.

lol, good call. :D

You should have climbed up a tree too! The view was awesome! I'm uploading a short video I shot from the tree right now. I'll post the link once it's done.

brandon
07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey, Brandon, long time no talk.
Hows things? Good to see you're still here and involved. Sorry I didn't run into you at the rally.

Things are pretty good. I'm still here, fighting the never ending uphill battle for freedom.... Good to see you're still around.

Too bad we missed each other at the march. Are you thinking about going to the RNC rally?

Bruno
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
The alternate convention in St. Paul -will- get media attention, don't doubt it. The march didn't, but the convention will. It's important for as many people as possible to show up at the convention.

The convention will get media attention because the liberal press (MSNBC, New York Times for example) will find the message that "the Republicans are divided" useful and interesting. The message of the march was "We love Ron Paul! We want to save our country!" and the press doesn't care about that. As much as we try to focus on the Campaign for Liberty as the major goal of the convention, the liberal press will focus obsessively on the divisiveness of the event, not on the positive aspects of it. There will be endless talk of "Is Ron Paul going to run as an independent? Is he going to endorse anyone? Where are these Ron Paul supporter votes going, anyway?" and very little talk of peace, freedom, and prosperity.

But, hey, at least they will cover it. That is better than being ignored, imo.

i hope you are right!

JosephTheLibertarian
07-14-2008, 09:54 PM

sexist.

brandon
07-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Here's my video from the tree...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-f5xxVOgB0

Sematary
07-14-2008, 10:39 PM
sexist.

Boring person.

Carole
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Thank you for the great report. And thanks for marching for Liberty.

:D