PDA

View Full Version : Are we simply screwed?

Menthol Patch
07-12-2008, 03:08 PM
In my opinion, if we don't get a true pro-freedom and pro-liberty president elected this cycle the USA could be so far gone by 2012 there may be no hope of preventing a total police state and a North American Union.

Do we have any viable options at this point to get such a candidate elected?

Is there any possible way to convince Ron Paul to change his mind and run?

Could we convince one of his children to run for President?

What about his wife?

Are we simply screwed?

LibertyEagle
07-12-2008, 03:10 PM
We're not going to win this thing from the top, down. We have to gain control of our local and state governments. They still have a lot of power, if only they would exercise it. This is where we can win.

torchbearer
07-12-2008, 03:10 PM
In my opinion, if we don't get a true pro-freedom and pro-liberty president elected this cycle the USA could be so far gone by 2012 there may be no hope of preventing a total police state and a North American Union.

What about his wife?

Are we simply screwed?

Ron Paul and his family aren't the only people worthy of our support.
Rand Paul would take his place fine, but its this exclusivity that worries me among our members.
We are not picking dynasties, we are looking for people who will uphold the constitution... and their last name doesn't have to be Paul.

Bryan
07-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Maybe.

No.

Doubt it.

What about his wife?
No.

Are we simply screwed?
No.

:)

pacelli
07-12-2008, 03:21 PM
We have to take it from the bottom up. Which means dedicated activists who are not afraid to stick their necks out when the danger is greatest. Ron himself said that as president, there would be very little he could actually do unless authorized by Congress. Therefore, we take Congress back one seat at a time.

I recognize that there are many people in the "We need a solution now" group. I agree- I encourage you and others in the immediacy group to refocus their efforts on their nearest ron paul supporter running for Congress. He or She is your immediate solution. Don't hold back!

Jeremy
07-12-2008, 03:24 PM
POTUS 08 is obviously not our last chance... what are you thinking?!?!

We have a lot of work ahead of us, please stop being a pessimist... 'cause it's just random. =o

revolutionman
07-12-2008, 03:25 PM

What about his wife?

Are we simply screwed?

We always have the option.

CasualApathy
07-12-2008, 04:27 PM
we are looking for people who will uphold the constitution... and their last name doesn't have to be Paul.

But it helps... :D

newyearsrevolution08
07-12-2008, 04:35 PM
So according to your theory without someone dictating from the top we will collapse? You do know the "we the people" part right?

States could live without a President.....

I still don't get this entire thought process still simply because we have had NO constitutional president for as long as I am aware and we didn't collapse. Its a dinner and show, do you really think Bush is really RUNNING things here?

We all know it looks that way seeing how shitty our country is BUT it has been shitty for A LONG TIME.

No one stands up until THEY have a reason to and that time is coming for every American.

I think states will break away from the fed before anything terrible happens and we can take control state by state by removing the fed.

The president is nothing more then a talking head for the congress and senate.....

One thing that did make me wonder however is IF Ron Paul could become President what would he PERSONALLY be able to accomplish with the congress and or senate vetoing everything?

Either way, I wish we had a chance at getting a solid president THIS election term but we don't have enough political pull YET but just might by 2011 for the next election cycle....

What about his wife?

Are we simply screwed?

Menthol Patch
07-12-2008, 07:32 PM
The problem is I don't think we have the time to change this nation from the bottom up. There are very powerful people at the top that do not care about this nation and abide by the decisions of the CFR and other organizations. We are racing towards a police state at record speed. The only way to stop from reaching a total police state is to get a freedom supporting president in place.

Only a president could bring all our troops home, use his unlimited pardon power to free countless non-violent people, restore our rights and freedoms, get us out of the United Nations, take a stand against the North Americian Union, etc.

Menthol Patch
07-12-2008, 07:34 PM
It's obvious that we are racing towards a total police state. We don't have the time to do this from the bottom up.

A president could do a LOT to restore our rights and freedoms. He could get us out of the UN, oppose the NAU, use his unlimited pardon power to practically abolish the IRS and the war on drugs, etc.

So according to your theory without someone dictating from the top we will collapse? You do know the "we the people" part right?

States could live without a President.....

I still don't get this entire thought process still simply because we have had NO constitutional president for as long as I am aware and we didn't collapse. Its a dinner and show, do you really think Bush is really RUNNING things here?

We all know it looks that way seeing how shitty our country is BUT it has been shitty for A LONG TIME.

No one stands up until THEY have a reason to and that time is coming for every American.

I think states will break away from the fed before anything terrible happens and we can take control state by state by removing the fed.

The president is nothing more then a talking head for the congress and senate.....

One thing that did make me wonder however is IF Ron Paul could become President what would he PERSONALLY be able to accomplish with the congress and or senate vetoing everything?

Either way, I wish we had a chance at getting a solid president THIS election term but we don't have enough political pull YET but just might by 2011 for the next election cycle....

Grandson of Liberty
07-13-2008, 01:38 AM
there may be no hope of preventing a total police state and a North American Union.

There's always hope. The founders made sure of it right after they wrote the first amendment. It may be the last hope, but it's hope. My hope is that "we the people" never have to exercise it, but merely peacefully demand through the democratic process leaders who do not infringe upon our rights as free citizens.

EvilEngineer
07-13-2008, 01:52 AM
There's always hope. The founders made sure of it right after they wrote the first amendment. It may be the last hope, but it's hope. My hope is that "we the people" never have to exercise it, but merely peacefully demand through the democratic process leaders who do not infringe upon our rights as free citizens.

The only true defense, is in the 2nd amendment, not the 1st. No amount of bitching and complaining is going to change what has been set in motion. They have all the money, and influence that it can buy to care about what we think or feel or how loudly we voice our opinions.

pacelli
07-13-2008, 01:57 AM
It's obvious that we are racing towards a total police state. We don't have the time to do this from the bottom up.

A president could do a LOT to restore our rights and freedoms. He could get us out of the UN, oppose the NAU, use his unlimited pardon power to practically abolish the IRS and the war on drugs, etc.

Given that Ron has suspended his campaign, and no other candidates fit the bill, what do you propose we do? Sit in our houses and call FoxNews again?

The_Orlonater
07-13-2008, 11:01 AM

A lot of the "people" in our country WANT what's going on right now. Obama brainwashed them.

Ozwest
07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
We have to take it from the bottom up. Which means dedicated activists who are not afraid to stick their necks out when the danger is greatest. Ron himself said that as president, there would be very little he could actually do unless authorized by Congress. Therefore, we take Congress back one seat at a time.

I recognize that there are many people in the "We need a solution now" group. I agree- I encourage you and others in the immediacy group to refocus their efforts on their nearest ron paul supporter running for Congress. He or She is your immediate solution. Don't hold back!

You and Liberty Eagle are correct.

Apathy and laziness has entitled a selfish, corrupt elite to rule.

Participation in government starting from the community upwards, rewards participants, and invigorates others.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Only a president could bring all our troops home, use his unlimited pardon power to free countless non-violent people, restore our rights and freedoms, get us out of the United Nations, take a stand against the North Americian Union, etc.

There's where you're wrong.

What else can do that, you ask?

Severe economic collapse. That's what. When people are starving, everything will look different.

Keep working hard within the current system and hope that doesn't happen, but prepare yourself to come out on the other side if it does happen. It's a shame, but the general public will largely remain ignorant of our dire economic situation until they're literally starving. I'm not sure how that will pan out, but I'm worried it won't be pretty.

alaric
07-13-2008, 11:42 AM
The only true defense, is in the 2nd amendment, not the 1st. No amount of bitching and complaining is going to change what has been set in motion. They have all the money, and influence that it can buy to care about what we think or feel or how loudly we voice our opinions.

If you will note the post you are quoting was simply being clever. It said AFTER the 1st amendment. 2 comes right after one.:p

Akus
07-13-2008, 11:43 AM
In my opinion, if we don't get a true pro-freedom and pro-liberty president elected this cycle the USA could be so far gone by 2012 there may be no hope of preventing a total police state and a North American Union. there is still 2010 when we elect Congressmen and senators, remember?

I'd say no. It's Barack vs McCain vs Barr come Nov 08 and Barack will win because whatever surplus McCain needs to win will be eaten away by Barr

Is there any possible way to convince Ron Paul to change his mind and run? No. Please stop. Does Ron Paul at all look to you like someone who makes promises and then turns around and breaks them?

Could we convince one of his children to run for President? Rand Paul 2012? I can see that.:cool:

What about his wife? What about his wife what? Run for President? That woman was hospitalized over too much heat last summer in Iowa and you want her to do something that would break down a man half her age?

Are we simply screwed?Yes. Sometimes you just have to come in terms with that.

Menthol Patch
07-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Given that Ron has suspended his campaign, and no other candidates fit the bill, what do you propose we do? Sit in our houses and call FoxNews again?

The only reason Ron Paul suspended his campaign is because he was beaten in the primaries.

If a way appeared for him to get the nomination (for example a peaceful uprising of Republicans against McCain) I'm sure he would accept!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
07-13-2008, 12:02 PM
it's taken 80 years to get to this point.

In my opinion, I agree with MP and others that there's not enough time to fix the system before it implodes. $300,000 debt per person means this country is insolvent.
Yet whether we fix it in time or not, by standing up we are positioning ourselves to greatly influence whatever the next chapter may be.

Menthol Patch
07-13-2008, 12:11 PM
it's taken 80 years to get to this point.

In my opinion, I agree with MP and others that there's not enough time to fix the system before it implodes. $300,000 debt per person means this country is insolvent.
Yet whether we fix it in time or not, by standing up we are positioning ourselves to greatly influence whatever the next chapter may be.

It's nice to hear someone else admit the truth that there is not enough time to fix this nation.

The way I see it, we don't have the time to try and work from the bottom up. The only way we will save this nation from becoming a tyranny is by getting a freedom supporting President like Ron Paul.

Ozwest
07-13-2008, 12:17 PM
It's nice to hear someone else admit the truth that there is not enough time to fix this nation.

The way I see it, we don't have the time to try and work from the bottom up. The only way we will save this nation from becoming a tyranny is by getting a freedom supporting President like Ron Paul.

Regardless,

Be a leader in your community.

In times of trouble, you look towards your friends and neighbors.

Wouldn't you?

pacelli
07-13-2008, 12:49 PM
The only reason Ron Paul suspended his campaign is because he was beaten in the primaries.

If a way appeared for him to get the nomination (for example a peaceful uprising of Republicans against McCain) I'm sure he would accept!

The only reason Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, Mike Huckabee, and Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, and Ron Paul suspended their campaigns is because they were beaten in the primaries.

If a way appeared for any of them to get the nomination (for example a peaceful uprising of Republicans against McCain) I'm sure they would all accept.

Menthol Patch
07-13-2008, 01:16 PM
The only reason Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, Mike Huckabee, and Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, and Ron Paul suspended their campaigns is because they were beaten in the primaries.

If a way appeared for any of them to get the nomination (for example a peaceful uprising of Republicans against McCain) I'm sure they would all accept.

But they are all neocons exactly like McCain!

If the GOP nominates someone other than McCain it will be because they realize they need someone who is NOT a neocon!

Ozwest
07-13-2008, 02:06 PM

You are correct Menthol Patch.

Unfortunately, a lot of hardship awaits.

With Ron Paul as President, there was a chance.

Now...

The pain and suffering awaits.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
07-13-2008, 02:32 PM
nt

Ozwest
07-13-2008, 02:39 PM
How about starting the fight in your community?

Get involved in local government. Fight beaurocracy at its source.

Defend the Constitution.

Alawn
07-13-2008, 03:02 PM
At some point you reach the point of no return on the road to world government and tyranny. We aren't at that point yet but we are getting very close. I don't know how long it will take to reach that point if we continue down the same path.

Honestly I don't really think the US will be a sovereign nation by the end of my lifetime. It will probably just be like a state in the world government with a world currency. And we will probably have way less freedom. I'm not sure of it but I would guess 75% chance.

Things will have to get a lot worse before a lot of people wake up. But unfortunately a lot of people win turn to the same people that created the problem to save them and it could get much worse.

But this isn't 100% yet and we still have a chance to turn things around. If we work really hard we could do it.

Ozwest
07-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Alawn,

Seems like most people are un-aware, or burying their heads in the sand.

Your observation regarding those who will turn towards the 'Devil" they know is regrettably true.

If enough people find their "voice," there is hope.

There are some on this Forum who could raise this voice to a "roar."

There is hope.

kombayn
07-13-2008, 04:01 PM
If Obama becomes President, then the only way to combat him and his allies is voting Liberty candidates like Bob Conley, B.J. Lawson & Jesse Ventura into Congress. We have to do our research come the end of the GOP Convention, focus our grassroots efforts toward Liberty candidates, Sept. 5th until Nov. 3rd are the most important days to focus our campaign efforts. Lets show Washington that we do want real CHANGE and not just because the President may be half-black.

Ozwest
07-13-2008, 04:14 PM
If Obama becomes President, then the only way to combat him and his allies is voting Liberty candidates like Bob Conley, B.J. Lawson & Jesse Ventura into Congress. We have to do our research come the end of the GOP Convention, focus our grassroots efforts toward Liberty candidates, Sept. 5th until Nov. 3rd are the most important days to focus our campaign efforts. Lets show Washington that we do want real CHANGE and not just because the President may be half-black.

I support your attitude! But...

I continue to encourage others to start in their Townships.

Motivated citizens can achieve amazing outcomes.

From little things... Big things grow...

The_Orlonater
07-13-2008, 08:52 PM
The president has a very important role, if the wrong guy takes this role. We're so screwed.

Most likely this is going to happen..

WE'RE SO FUCKED.

torchbearer
07-13-2008, 08:57 PM
The president has a very important role, if the wrong guy takes this role. We're so screwed.

Most likely this is going to happen..

WE'RE SO FUCKED.

You only have the rights you are willing to fight and die for... if you aren't willing to fight and die for your rights - then you are fucked.

My favorite line from our new LALP platform:
http://louisianalibertarianparty.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=67&Itemid=46

Federalism

Louisiana is a sovereign State jealous of its territories and powers and zealously guards them. We have a reciprocal responsibility to our fellow States to bind the national government with the chains of the Federal Constitution. We pledge in this union, assistance to protect all from Invasion from without and to maintain republican government in our own territory.

Citizenship

We hold that all Men born in Louisiana, or in any one of the several United States, now domiciled in Louisiana, regardless of race or gender, are Citizens of Louisiana, and enjoy all of the benefits, rights, powers, authorities, prerogatives, and privileges of a sovereign. At no time is any Citizen of Louisiana in any way subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, while within the territory of Louisiana.

We did not pen these words lightly, and we won't give our rights up to no government regardless of any laws they make otherwise.
Welcome to Louisiana. Last republic to surrender to the army of northern aggression. The last state to leave reconstruction, though technically still under some laws created to give our "citizens" second rate privileges as a conquered territory.
Time to re-read history.

The_Orlonater
07-13-2008, 09:02 PM
You only have the rights you are willing to fight and die for... if you aren't willing to fight and die for your rights - then you are fucked.

My favorite line from our new LALP platform:
http://louisianalibertarianparty.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=67&Itemid=46

We did not pen these words lightly, and we won't give our rights up to no government regardless of any laws they make otherwise.
Welcome to Louisiana. Last republic to surrender to the army of northern aggression. The last state to leave reconstruction, though technically still under some laws created to give our "citizens" second rate privileges as a conquered territory.
Time to re-read history.

I am fighting...,but...

I'm just really scared.

torchbearer
07-13-2008, 09:11 PM
I am fighting...,but...

I'm just really scared.

You won't be free until you loose the fear. Fear is how government control populations.
Lucas even uses the line in Star Wars... while on the death star, the admiral remarks, "We will not rule by force, but by the fear of force".

We outnumber our enemy. What keeps us in our cages is fear of reprisal.
Think about it, its not a metal cage, its a cage of fear that keeps you in your place.

It is easy for me, i have little to loose. So i'm not belittling anyone who does fear... but this is something we must overcome.

The_Orlonater
07-13-2008, 09:39 PM
You won't be free until you loose the fear. Fear is how government control populations.
Lucas even uses the line in Star Wars... while on the death star, the admiral remarks, "We will not rule by force, but by the fear of force".

We outnumber our enemy. What keeps us in our cages is fear of reprisal.
Think about it, its not a metal cage, its a cage of fear that keeps you in your place.

It is easy for me, i have little to loose. So i'm not belittling anyone who does fear... but this is something we must overcome.

We outnumber the enemy?

I don't think so, I'm trying to convert ,but so many refuse to listen.

I don't think we outnumber the Obamabots and McCain supporters.

torchbearer
07-13-2008, 09:50 PM
We outnumber the enemy?

I don't think so, I'm trying to convert ,but so many refuse to listen.

I don't think we outnumber the Obamabots and McCain supporters.

The average american who is duped is not the enemy, they are our future brothers and sisters. TO treat them as the enemy, is to garuntee they will never join us.
The enemy are the neocons running the Party, local, county, state, and national.
And we do outnumber them. If we were in those positions, the average american would follow us.

torchbearer
07-15-2008, 04:02 PM
//