PDA

View Full Version : WorldNetDaily Slams Interventionism

Throwback280s
07-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Here's a great article published today that critiques interventionism from a Christian conservative worldview.
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=69388

I found it to be effective for converting conservatives and Christians over to our desire for non-interventionism. Check it out!

Share your thoughts.

familydog
07-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Here's a great article published today that critiques interventionism from a Christian conservative worldview.
http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=69388

I found it to be effective for converting conservatives and Christians over to our desire for non-interventionism. Check it out!

Share your thoughts.

"Apparently, C.S Lewis was born too late to deliver his memo in time: 'It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.'"

Tis a good quote. I never saw it before. The author of the article is directing that toward the government, but to be fair the 19th century was full of Protestant "moral busybodies." Everything from civilizing the Natives to temperance to the middle-class idea of the cult of domesticity.

Throwback280s
07-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, that's the point. Moral busybodies are free to make their case in the public sphere, the free market of ideas. But when they use government to force their ideology of reshaping the middle east or giving welfare to the poor, everything goes wrong.

Throwback280s
07-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Guys, lets digg it to spread the message of freedom.

Throwback280s
07-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Sunday bump for Christians against empire.

tnvoter
07-13-2008, 07:07 PM
C.S. Lewis was possibly the most brilliant Christian author / Oxford professor in the 20th century.

Many people also don't know that he was converted by Tolkien :)
They used to go to the pub together as Oxford professors and discuss their fantasy novels / ideas.

Throwback280s
07-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Their group was called the Inklings, right?