PDA

View Full Version : Tony Snow Dies...

Kludge
07-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Awwe.... I liked him :(

Reportedly died of cancer... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Tony_Snow_cropped.jpg/250px-Tony_Snow_cropped.jpg

"WASHINGTON (AP)—Tony Snow, a conservative writer and commentator who cheerfully sparred with reporters in the White House briefing room during a stint as President Bush's press secretary, has died of colon cancer, Fox News reported Saturday. Snow was 53 years old.
Snow, who served as the first host of the television news program "Fox News Sunday" from 1996 to 2003, would later say that in the Bush administration he was enjoying "the most exciting, intellectually aerobic job I'm ever going to have."
Snow was working for Fox News Channel and Fox News Radio when he replaced Scott McClellan as press secretary in May 2006 during a White House shake-up. Unlike McClellan, who came to define caution and bland delivery from the White House podium, Snow was never shy about playing to the cameras.
With a quick-from-the-lip repartee, broadcaster's good looks and a relentlessly bright outlook—if not always a command of the facts—he became a popular figure around the country to the delight of his White House bosses.
He served just 17 months as press secretary, a tenure interrupted by his second bout with cancer. In 2005 doctors had removed his colon and he began six months of chemotherapy. In March 2007 a cancerous growth was removed from his abdominal area and he spent five weeks recuperating before returning to the White House."

http://www.mercurynews.com/nationworld/ci_9861322

acroso
07-12-2008, 05:11 AM
Poor guy. RIP.

Conza88
07-12-2008, 05:21 AM
Wouldn't he have had to have that for ages?

Shill for the state, deserves his fate. - Me.

Kludge
07-12-2008, 05:32 AM
He's had cancer for ~2 years IIRC.

LittleLightShining
07-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Shill for the state, deserves his fate. - Me.So what about folks who die of cancer who aren't part of the Imperial task force? Your attitude is teh sux0r.

werdd
07-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Shoot last i heard he was doing good :/

Conza88
07-12-2008, 05:59 AM
So what about folks who die of cancer who aren't part of the Imperial task force? Your attitude is teh sux0r.

Then obviously not. Your logic is teh fken ret4r0r. :rolleyes:

Cowlesy
07-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Awwe.... I liked him :(

Reportedly died of cancer... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Tony_Snow_cropped.jpg/250px-Tony_Snow_cropped.jpg

Me too .... rest in peace Tony.

LittleLightShining
07-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Then obviously not. Your logic is teh fken ret4r0r. :rolleyes:I was trying to be lighthearted about a serious topic. Sheesh. Relax.

constituent
07-12-2008, 08:23 AM
that guy always reminded me of the cover of Saul Bellow's book Seize the Day... i don't remember which print, so i'll try to find a pic of it online.

i think it was the Penguin American Classics (1989-1992?) paperback edition... but i can't find a pic. of it.

driller80545
07-12-2008, 08:35 AM
I never liked him, but I didn't wish him dead. RIP

familydog
07-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Sad news indeed. :(

Paulfan05
07-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Omg I knew this would happen, Last night in chat room I was like, just wait....a celebrity will die so the march gets no coverage

yongrel
07-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Omg I knew this would happen, Last night in chat room I was like, just wait....a celebrity will die so the march gets no coverage

:rolleyes:

sparebulb
07-12-2008, 09:30 AM
I mean no ill will, but it cannot be denied that Tony Snow was the liar's liar.

sophocles07
07-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Goodbye little Goebbels.

Conza88
07-12-2008, 08:50 PM
We're all going to die at some point or another...

“False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.”
~ Socrates

Imo, the less soul's he infected the better.

hypnagogue
07-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah.. White House press secretary isn't a position an honest man would seek. Sympathy for his family, but I will not miss him.

EvilEngineer
07-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Where's he going to be buried? I've added his name to my list of graves that need to be peed on.

Dr.3D
07-13-2008, 02:18 AM
So there will be no snow this winter? :rolleyes:

revolutionary8
07-13-2008, 03:02 AM
Every one of our greatest national treasures, our liberty, enterprise, vitality, wealth, military power, global authority, flow from a surprising source: our ability to give thanks.

George W. Bush broke a mold four years ago: Even though he lost the popular vote, he governed as if he had won by acclamation.

If you think Independence Day is America's defining holiday, think again. Thanksgiving deserves that title, hands-down.

In many cases, a bout with sickness stretches your soul, opens your eyes, and introduces you to a world of unimagined grandeur, possibility and joy.

In other words, Social Security is every bit as insecure as the stock market.

Investigators have discovered that dogs can laugh, which can't be too big of a surprise.

It is a common mistake these days to politicize anything and everything, including music.

It makes no sense to pack an auditorium with 5,000 people and then tell them to keep quiet.

It serves notice that President Bush is serious about promoting freedom, because free societies are a lot more peaceable than dictatorships and monarchies.

Many people don't give a rip about politics and know as much about public affairs as they know about the topography of Pluto.

Millions of Americans annually commit themselves to such good works, and no country on earth comes close to matching our record.

Pet lovers know that animals sometimes understand us better than we do, and the annals of human sin and desire provide plenty of stories to drive the point home.
-Tony Snow

Truth Warrior
07-13-2008, 03:08 AM
R.I.P. Tony.

DAFTEK
07-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Another one bites the dust..... Bush's puppets fall one by one....

Anti Federalist
07-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Having been warmed up by the death of Tim Russert, the mainstream media now gushes over the death of "one of our own," Tony Snow. One of their own, indeed; a man who, like Russert, had the mechanical skills of real journalists, but lacked the one attribute that distinguished both from the likes of Mencken, et. al.: a passion for truth-telling. To so easily move from network studios to telling lies for the Bush administration - as Snow did - speaks volumes as to the sorry state of the MSM. While I can sympathize with those who lost a loved one - even if that person had been a politician - I cannot bear the continuing dishonesty that insists on following one of its practitioners to the grave.

It is noteworthy that both Russert and Snow died in their fifties. Perhaps a lifetime of being well-paid shills for the state took its toll upon the inner life; that charming smiles with which each peddled his statist wares to a gullible public, were not sufficient to overcome the erosion of those inner forces that others refer to as "karma."

Six days from today will be the 71st birthday of the late Hunter Thompson, a man with a genuine journalistic spirit. A number of us will celebrate his life by attending the movie about his life, "Gonzo." What a contrast that will be from what now flows from the cable news channels!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021953.html