PDA

View Full Version : I just watched The Patriot for the first time in ages

Jeremy
07-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't know why it took me so long to watch it again, but I barely even remember the first time I watched it... it was such a long time ago.

This time was different though. I felt some sort of connection with these people who were fighting for their freedom. It was a great feeling to see, in the last scene, when the colonists charged right through the British lines. Carrying the Gadsden flag and the American flag... warmed me inside. =) It was just a good reminder that this country was truly once a complete liberty-loving nation, and it can still live on.

When they charged at the end, it just reminded me of tomorrow's march, where our fellow patriots of today will be charging into the government's lines as well. It isn't a war this time, but it sure if a good feeling to know that the freedom fighters live on over 200 years later.

Sorry for the poem. Good night all =D

abruzz0
07-12-2008, 12:18 AM
That film is incredible. It's very moving.

Conza88
07-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Do you have it on dvd? Could you do me a MASSIVE favor; upload that scene to youtube?
Or just send it to me? I've searched endlessly to no avail for that clip... Mel Gibson, running against the tide of soldiers retreating back towards the fight...

I need it for a video I'm making.. Please? Someone? :(