PDA

View Full Version : If McCain is GUARANTEED to lose can the GOP switch nominees?

Menthol Patch
07-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I have a question.

What happens if a few months from now McCain is so far behind there is no doubt he will lose. Can the GOP switch nominees? If so, could they put Ron Paul in his place?

tomveil
07-11-2008, 08:58 PM
No they wouldn't.

They gain much more losing to Obama than winning with Paul.

Why is this so hard to understand?

tribute_13
07-11-2008, 09:00 PM
What made you think they want to win?

Menthol Patch
07-11-2008, 09:08 PM
At the top the GOP is in league with the CFR. However, there are lots and lots of low level Republicans who want to win. If we can convince them that McCain is going to lose then perhaps we could get them to demand another candidate be put in place.

Join The Paul Side
07-11-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm not a pessimist like that guy above. I still have hope it can happen. McCain and his staff are doing a number on themselves lately. He looks more and more like an idiot everyday. It's so blatantly obvious that there's no hiding it.

And FISA Obama has been stepping in dogshit himself by pissing off his base. Read the comments in articles about his FISA vote. I've never seen so many Dems talking about voting 3rd party. A few even mention Ron Paul favorably. :)

RoamZero
07-11-2008, 10:28 PM
In the end it will be better for us if McCain loses. The bigger the loss the better too. That gives us 4 years to build up a hope and change shtick so we can hit the ground running come 2011-12 with a real candidate (Paul or otherwise).

thrillhouse
07-11-2008, 10:40 PM
In the end it will be better for us if McCain loses. The bigger the loss the better too. That gives us 4 years to build up a hope and change shtick so we can hit the ground running come 2011-12 with a real candidate (Paul or otherwise).

My thoughts exactly. Something like "you got your arse handed to you in 2006 midterm elections and lost the presidential bid badly in 2008, maybe its time to reform the party line to reflect what people are passionate about"

Liberty4Free
07-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Maybe that's why they are doing this: http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/platform-committee-launches-interactive-web-site/

They know they are gonna lose big and need some help. But they might just weed out the pro-RonPaul platform and it'd make no difference. Who knows?

sidster
07-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Johnny boy just picked up a "swing" state.

sidster
07-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Maybe that's why they are doing this: http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/platform-committee-launches-interactive-web-site/

They know they are gonna lose big and need some help. But they might just weed out the pro-RonPaul platform and it'd make no difference. Who knows?

lol... bug on their CMS software:

Copyright (C: 16.19, -0.09, -0.55%) 2008 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

Alaxsxaq
07-12-2008, 05:12 AM
I have a question.

What happens if a few months from now McCain is so far behind there is no doubt he will lose. Can the GOP switch nominees? If so, could they put Ron Paul in his place?

I don't think they'd run Ron Paul - the people who pay the bills for the Republicans and Democrats have too much to lose with him as President.

This opinion piece appeared on Yahoo (originated in the Huffington Post) last month:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20080616/cm_huffpost/107236

I guess it is plausible and would certainly make the election interesting. Probability is likely near zero though.

--Glenn

LibertyEagle
07-12-2008, 06:25 AM
The Republican elite do not want to win the election. They know everything is going to fall apart and they do not want to be at the helm when it happens.

Remember too that regardless of whether there is a Dem or Republican as President, TPTB still win, as they control both.

RoamZero
07-12-2008, 01:53 PM
The Republican elite do not want to win the election. They know everything is going to fall apart and they do not want to be at the helm when it happens.

Remember too that regardless of whether there is a Dem or Republican as President, TPTB still win, as they control both.

http://www.esoterically.net/weblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/logo_600.jpg

It became incredible obvious when the new RNC logo came out.

Carole
07-12-2008, 03:17 PM
LOL That's hilarious! That guy is not living in the real neo-con world.

His choices would have no better chance than McInSane.
:D