PDA

View Full Version : So whats going on with Ron Paul?

VegasBoy
07-11-2008, 07:14 PM
What is he doing?

Does he still want to be President?

Is he eligible to get nominated?

Whats going on with Ron Paul in general?

AJ Antimony
07-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Search tool.

/thread

VegasBoy
07-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Search tool.

/thread

That does not answer my questions

maybe you can direct me to them?

CoreyBowen999
07-11-2008, 07:18 PM
What is he doing?

He is still eligible to be nominated yes. I'm sure he would love to be president.
And he has recently started the Campaign for Liberty
www.campaignforliberty.com

Kludge
07-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Ron is no longer campaigning for presidency. Effort is being focused on CampaignForLiberty (http://www.campaignforliberty.com) and third party candidates (Barr and Baldwin).

pacelli
07-11-2008, 07:38 PM
What is he doing?

He still has his congressional seat for Texas district 10. He is voting and speaking on important bills in Congress:

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/53522

I'm sure he still wants to be President, but, he did end the official presidential campaign about a month ago or so.

Opinions are mixed. Some say yes, some say no. People are generally confused by the delegate process at the convention.

He and his wife Carol are still together. One of his granddaughters, Valerie, is engaged to one of the former campaign workers named Jesse Benton. Ron is currently grieving the loss of his long time friend, Kent Snyder.

Ron also started the Campaign for Liberty. More information about Ron Paul in general can be found at: www.campaignforliberty.com. Tomorrow the 12th is also the revolution march in washington, DC: www.revolutionmarch.com. Over 15,000 people will be there including Ron.

pauletteNV
07-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Ron is no longer campaigning for presidency. Effort is being focused on CampaignForLiberty (http://www.campaignforliberty.com) and third party candidates (Barr and Baldwin).

Ron Paul has suspended his campaign for presidency. It does not mean he is no longer interested in our persuing every delegate we can get for him. Kludge your may think the effort is for thrid party candidates, but I don't believe you are correct. I have zero allegiance to any of the other candidates, while I do have allegiance to Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty. I think you are in error to say the effort is for third party candidate and I don't believe Ron Paul has endorsed any other candidate. He is still my candidate.

Kludge
07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Ron Paul has suspended his campaign for presidency. It does not mean he is no longer interested in our persuing every delegate we can get for him. Kludge your may think the effort is for thrid party candidates, but I don't believe you are correct. I have zero allegiance to any of the other candidates, while I do have allegiance to Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty. I think you are in error to say the effort is for third party candidate and I don't believe Ron Paul has endorsed any other candidate. He is still my candidate.

Read what you like of what I write, I try to keep my sentiments short for that very reason... :rolleyes:

ItsTime
07-11-2008, 09:38 PM
what is he doing? He is working hard to keep our liberties. Unlike that McBama Oscain person.

VegasBoy
07-13-2008, 03:25 PM
How many delegates does he have?

kombayn
07-13-2008, 03:56 PM
What is he doing?

He's in Congress, what else do you think he'd be doing?

If an opportunity would present itself to be the GOP nominee, he'd take it.

If McCain drops out of the race, and a small percent of chance that might happen with rumors swirling around that the RNC and GOP in general are losing faith in McCain.

He works in Congress, he held a March on Washington D.C. and he has his Campaign for Liberty. So he's probably pretty busy.

pacelli
07-13-2008, 04:13 PM
How many delegates does he have?

He's said around 45 on interviews he did before he suspended the presidential campaign.

JK/SEA
07-13-2008, 06:03 PM
He's said around 45 on interviews he did before he suspended the presidential campaign.

At this point, there is no telling how many he may end up with. :D

JMann
07-13-2008, 06:30 PM
After watching his campaign and having real money for his campaign I'm not sure he wanted to be president. I think he was more interested in promoting his ideals. If he actually wanted to win he would of spoke up in the debates and hired professional campaign managers when he had money rolling in. He could of won the LP nomination and could endorse Barr or Baldwin if he wanted to be a playa. Instead he seemed to be more interested in making change.

No candidate in his right mind would of done what they did to Boortz on the day of the NH primary if he wanted to actually win.

Akus
07-13-2008, 06:30 PM
What is he doing?Does it matter?

Does he still want to be President? His indifference when he was running more than answered that I think

Is he eligible to get nominated? Technicially, even Barney the Dinosaur is eligible to get nominated by GOP. Convention decides whom to nominate.

Whats going on with Ron Paul in general?Probably sitting in Congress saying the same thing over and over to the deaf ears what are too clogged up with $$$ to pay attention or care....

Akus
07-13-2008, 06:33 PM
After watching his campaign and having real money for his campaign I'm not sure he wanted to be president. I think he was more interested in promoting his ideals. If he actually wanted to win he would of spoke up in the debates and hired professional campaign managers when he had money rolling in. He could of won the LP nomination and could endorse Barr or Baldwin if he wanted to be a playa. Instead he seemed to be more interested in making change.

No candidate in his right mind would of done what they did to Boortz on the day of the NH primary if he wanted to actually win.

that's what really upsets me about the whole "it's not about winning, it's about a movement" nonsense. Antiwar movement was there almost immediately after 9/11 and what? Nothing. The war is still going on, because none of us have the power to command the troops or the economny. Absolutely none, no matter how many anti - Bush bumper stickers one has on their car.

JMann
07-13-2008, 07:00 PM
that's what really upsets me about the whole "it's not about winning, it's about a movement" nonsense. Antiwar movement was there almost immediately after 9/11 and what? Nothing. The war is still going on, because none of us have the power to command the troops or the economny. Absolutely none, no matter how many anti - Bush bumper stickers one has on their car.

Akus,

One thing that Paul supporter don't get (in my view) is that being anti-war, like McGovern, wasn't the appeal. It was and is about a new foreign policy. In my view, I think most people think Iraq was a mistake but that doesn't mean they just want to throw away the $750 billion, 5,000 American deaths, 100,000 American injuries and 100's of thousands of Iraqi lives and families that have been destroyed to be for nothing.

I loved Paul's desire to reform foreign and domestic policy but was never comfortable with the outright call to pull out of Iraq. Once our country commits to something and lives have been lost we have to see it through. I know that isn't a popular view on this forum but it is where, i think, most of the country is.

I believe that most Americans want to leave Iraq in a better place than when we invaded. That is our nature. There is no doubt that Saddam and his kids were a disaster for a society rich in culture and highly educated and there is the possibility the world will be better off without them though I don't agree with how we removed them from power. I do see that Iraq, N. Korea and places like Lybia are no longer sending millions into Syria and to the PLO to fund 'rebel' activity.

This doesn't mean the world is all good and there are problems in Iran and Pakistan but even though I disagree with Bush's solutions I think we are safer than we were on September 10, 2001.

Personally I prefer Reagan's "Peace Trough Strength' to Bush's "Strength Through War'. I will never support James Earl Carter's and William Jefferson Clinton's "Peace Via Negotiation" policies.

Akus
07-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Akus,

One thing that Paul supporter don't get (in my view) is that being anti-war, like McGovern, wasn't the appeal. It was and is about a new foreign policy. In my view, I think most people think Iraq was a mistake but that doesn't mean they just want to throw away the $750 billion, 5,000 American deaths, 100,000 American injuries and 100's of thousands of Iraqi lives and families that have been destroyed to be for nothing.

I loved Paul's desire to reform foreign and domestic policy but was never comfortable with the outright call to pull out of Iraq. Once our country commits to something and lives have been lost we have to see it through. I know that isn't a popular view on this forum but it is where, i think, most of the country is.

I believe that most Americans want to leave Iraq in a better place than when we invaded. That is our nature. There is no doubt that Saddam and his kids were a disaster for a society rich in culture and highly educated and there is the possibility the world will be better off without them though I don't agree with how we removed them from power. I do see that Iraq, N. Korea and places like Lybia are no longer sending millions into Syria and to the PLO to fund 'rebel' activity.

This doesn't mean the world is all good and there are problems in Iran and Pakistan but even though I disagree with Bush's solutions I think we are safer than we were on September 10, 2001.

Personally I prefer Reagan's "Peace Trough Strength' to Bush's "Strength Through War'. I will never support James Earl Carter's and William Jefferson Clinton's "Peace Via Negotiation" policies.

JMann, from what I undrerstand, you've probably confused me with a Democrat. I am not (voted Badnoarik in '04). I am, too, not so much anti-war, as for the complete overhaul of foreign policy. I seriously want all the US ships and planes and troops turn 180 degrees and haul their asses home. I could care less what happens in that part of the world afterwards.

Reading about a new pimple on Paris Hilton's ass interests me more and is more relevant to my personal life then what some backward real life Borats do on the other side of the globe I most likely will never see. I say we don't fight their petty beefs and we stop dead cold giving anybody and everybody money and whatever happens next, so be it.

Yeah, I am a cinic.