PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr on Glenn Beck NOW - CNN HEADLINE NEWS

mediahasyou
07-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Bob Barr on Glenn Beck NOW - CNN HEADLINE NEWS

go go go

pacelli
07-11-2008, 05:07 PM
I'm watching. I like his straight-up delivery and he is definitely not spinning his opinion. But Beck...

Jeremy
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM
this is a repeat

cause ive seen this =o

Roxi
07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
any recaps for those of us who gave up cable?

Jeremy
07-11-2008, 05:20 PM

here, it's on YouTube:

http://blog.bobbarr2008.com/2008/06/07/full-hour-of-barr-on-glenn-beck/

LibertyCola
07-11-2008, 05:20 PM

It's a rerun, its all on youtube.

Menthol Patch
07-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh, you mean the long time drug warrior who supported the war in Iraq and the Patriot Act?

AFM
07-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Yeah, that one.
The one that is against both now.
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people? He changed his views, stop bitching. If we were to discriminate against former neocons, this site would be empty.

Menthol Patch
07-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Bob Barr is not just a former neocon. He actually got laws inacted that put thousands of innocent non violent drug users into prison. He also voted for the Patriot Act and the War in Iraq.

How many people here did any of the above?

JosephTheLibertarian
07-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Bob Barr is not just a former neocon. He actually got laws inacted that put thousands of innocent non violent drug users into prison. He also voted for the Patriot Act and the War in Iraq.

How many people here did any of the above?

blah, blah, blah. why don't you stick a "menthol patch" on your mouth? thanks

Even though it's a repeat, it's still GREAT. More people will not watch it. full hour? sweet

ItsTime
07-11-2008, 09:18 PM
the interview changed my grandfathers mind and will not be voting mccain fing shocked me when he said that!

Menthol Patch
07-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I'll be voting for Ron Paul.

At least he is not responsible for innocent people being in prison right now as we speak.

Joe3113
07-11-2008, 10:30 PM

At least he is not responsible for innocent people being in prison right now as we speak.

You're still around!! lmao ... how's the weather at Langley?

rockandrollsouls
07-12-2008, 12:09 AM

I'm sure you don't have a perfect past, either. I bet you've picked on a kid or two in school, or made someone's life difficult. Does that mean you shouldn't be forgiven? Can you say you haven't learned from your past mistakes?

tonesforjonesbones
07-12-2008, 12:16 AM
I will be glad when every Bob Barr naysayer on this forum has brought up Barr's past so we can be through talking about it and move forward. Same carp different day <eyeroll> tones

nobody's_hero
07-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Former neocon here :o. Willing to give Barr the benefit of the doubt.

Unless Ron Paul appears on the ballot, I'll vote Barr just to see the elites stain their undershorts when the Libertarian Party breaks 10%.

Wishful, I know. ;)

Bruno
07-12-2008, 10:19 AM
the interview changed my grandfathers mind and will not be voting mccain fing shocked me when he said that!

Barr has a much more "acceptable" image for many Republicans, perhaps like your grandfather. He also isn't begin marginalized like Paul was. I think he has a great chance of swinging many Paul supporters his way, as well as many Republicans that would have otherwise voted for McCain.

Menthol Patch
07-12-2008, 11:53 AM
If Bob Barr had "changed" then why has he not posted an apology on his website for all the people that are in prison today because of him?

austin356
07-12-2008, 12:25 PM
If Bob Barr had "changed" then why has he not posted an apology on his website for all the people that are in prison today because of him?

On the stage at the LP Convention - " I apologize"

Menthol Patch
07-12-2008, 12:54 PM
On the stage at the LP Convention - " I apologize"

It should be on his website.

Menthol Patch
07-12-2008, 01:14 PM
If Bob Barr is truly repentant for all the innocent people in put into prison he should write something like this.

(For the record Bob Barr has NOT written the following. But I think he should write something like it and post it to his website.)

"For a long time I was under the delusion that the government had the authority and responsibility to tell people what they can and cannot put into their own bodies. Due to this delusion I became a warrior in the "War on Drugs" and my actions resulted in thousands of innocent non-violent drug users going to prison. Please let me be blunt. Innocent people were criminally abducted from their homes, held captive, and imprisoned in the name of the "War on Drugs" due to my actions.

I now realize that everyone has the absolute authority to put whatever they desire into their own body. As long as no one else's rights are being violated every citizen has the right to use whatever herb, drug, or substance they see fit. The War on Drugs should not end because it is failure and drugs are still used widely, but because it is a criminal and direct violation of the right of citizens to control their own body.

I apologize for my actions that imprisoned thousands of innocent people and added to the sentences of countless others. I can never make up for the thousands of lives wrecked, families split up, and careers that have been destroyed due to what I did as a "drug warrior." I'm ashamed of myself and I hope that anyone reading this who was affected by my actions can find it in their hearts to forgive me. I am truly sorry for the horror I have brought to so many."

speciallyblend
07-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, that one.
The one that is against both now.
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people? He changed his views, stop bitching. If we were to discriminate against former neocons, this site would be empty.

look i remember bob barr ,when we were fighting in va ,even though he was in ga, We knew he was a big roadblock in changing drug laws,but if he said he changed his ways and is honest about it,then we should listen to what he is saying.
Me and my wife are going to vote for Bob barr,but we are busy at the moment planning on converting the colorado delegates and working on many angles.

We have 2 months and we can make it happen,if we use the force we had in the last 2 yrs and take 2 months and focus on the delegates that do not like mccain in the first place ,then anything could happen on the floor of the convention,never say never ,if we work hard the next 2 months ,anything can happen!!!!

Bob Barr has our vote after the republican convention, now get to work folks supporting dvd's for delegates on rpf and working in your states on the republican delegates, open their eyes in a nice way;), if your against converting delegates for the national convention. I really have to ask if you truly support the message??

not directed at you AFM;)